Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What mods to 6.0 GTO?

This is a discussion on What mods to 6.0 GTO? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Oh don't get your panties all in a wad son. The problem your gonna have here is your arguing against ...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Oh don't get your panties all in a wad son. The problem your gonna have here is your arguing against a well known fact. So most here will just dismiss you as they have all personally experienced gains mentioned from a tune. Now anybody can embrace the conspiracy theory of a dyno operator manipulating the dyno just to sell a tune......the problem your gonna have there is many of us don't give a shit about dyno numbers but ET's. Case in point....Allen Nelson bone stock 05 GTO ran a 13.1.....he tuned it and ran a 12.3.....yes 8 tenths......so what happened? Easy....the cars come from the factory with a very conservative tune. Timing/AF etc. A good tuner adjust these parameters and the gains are anywhere from 5-10RWHP on a conservative tune to over 20RWHP from a more aggressive tune. Asking for "proof" is like asking for proof there really are earthquakes....we can give you seismology charts out the ass and you'll say the geographic disaster center operator "manipulated" the seismograph and there really isn't any such thing or that a 7.3 earthquake was really a 2.1 earthquake.....so what does that get us.
    I dont know what to do with you here son.....I mean you can go over to LS1GTO.Com and knock yourself out...there are tons of charts/discussion of gains out the ass there.....on LS1/LS2 GTO's that will dispute your claim.....but the gearheads here dont need any of that shit simply because the fact a good tuner can get 10-20 RWHP out of a tune is just that.....a fucking fact. So I guess the bottom line to all this is fairly simple.....you live well and prosper with believing there is 2-3RWHP to gain from a good tuner tuning your car and we wont. Fair enough?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Aid View Post
    Prove me wrong. Show me charts from a BONE STOCK GOT and the same BONE STOCK GOT with a Dino tune..............go ahead.......back your s*** up. Or just keep the name-calling going. 'cause that seems to be more credible on this site then actual data and facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Oh don't get your panties all in a wad son. The problem your gonna have here is your arguing against a well known fact. So most here will just dismiss you as they have all personally experienced gains mentioned from a tune. Now anybody can embrace the conspiracy theory of a Dino operator manipulating the Dino just to sell a tune......the problem your gonna have there is many of us don't give a shit about Dino numbers but Eta's. Case in point....Allen Nelson bone stock 05 GOT ran a 13.1.....he tuned it and ran a 12.3.....yes 8 tenths......so what happened? Easy....the cars come from the factory with a very conservative tune. Timing/AF etc. A good tuner adjust these parameters and the gains are anywhere from 5-REP on a conservative tune to over REP from a more aggressive tune. Asking for "proof" is like asking for proof there really are earthquakes....we can give you seismology charts out the ass and you'll say the geographic disaster center operator "manipulated" the seismograph and there really isn't any such thing or that a 7.3 earthquake was really a 2.1 earthquake.....so what does that get us.
    I dint know what to do with you here son.....I mean you can go over to LS1GTO.Com and knock yourself out...there are tons of charts/discussion of gains out the ass there.....on LS1/LS2 GTO's that will dispute your claim.....but the gearheads here dont need any of that shit simply because the fact a good tuner can get 10-20 RWHP out of a tune is just that.....a fucking fact. So I guess the bottom line to all this is fairly simple.....you live well and prosper with believing there is 2-3RWHP to gain from a good tuner tuning your car and we wont. Fair enough?
    I got an idea how about Coolaid go's to the computer/tuning area and starts a thread about dyno tuning is a waste for LS2 stock cars and see what kind of responses you get from fellow tuners!
    I won't waste my time with a detailed response Sarge already has covered most of my points. And if your a "tuner" and all you do is "Tweaking a few fuel and air variables" then STOP tuning!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

red
    2004 gto

Sorry bro but DAMN YOUR DUMB!!!

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Ok, guys, I have a bone stock 06 GTO, and am interested in getting a Dyno Tune, Any suggestions of a shop in NC... I'm in the Greensboro / High Point Area.

red
    2004 gto

give me a couple days I know of a very good dude in your area, he has tuned several (100s) of gtos. when i get my tt kit on he will tune mine goat. I am out of town so i dont have the numbers right now.

rednari
    Another good mod, although not really cheap due to our Australian friends, but a good one for ET enhancement is to put a gear in the car. In our cars a 3.91. It is one of the most cost effective upgrades. Usually, you can get a muscle car gear set for $200 bucks plus installation, but the Australians charge about $500 for the set plus installation.

You must see Diff Techs for the set. If you do, make sure you also order the tuning spring and minor install kit. The kit makes the install go smoothly, while the tuning spring places more force on the diff cone which helps eliminate one wheel and sideways burnouts. I should not have to describe for you what one wheel or sideways burn outs do to an ET.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information