Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What do you think of your GTO

This is a discussion on What do you think of your GTO within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well, in my opinion, whether you end up with the Firehawk or the goat, you will have a gem either ...

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Well, in my opinion, whether you end up with the Firehawk or the goat, you will have a gem either way.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

how rare are moonroofs on goats? I've only seen a couple. I wonder if it would be more feasible to look for any that meets our criteria and see about installing one.

Kinda dissapointed in GastiresOil right now. Signed up to check it out and still haven't gotten access to anything. Said they'd send an email when I was validated. Two days later, nuthin...

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    how rare are moonroofs on goats? I've only seen a couple. I wonder if it would be more feasible to look for any that meets our criteria and see about installing one.

Kinda dissapointed in GastiresOil right now. Signed up to check it out and still haven't gotten access to anything. Said they'd send an email when I was validated. Two days later, nuthin...
    If I am correct, no goats came with moonroofs, they would be aftermarket installs

hugger orange

I think the only options on GTOs were 17 or 18" wheels, auto or manual, and then ofcourse color

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have been told a few made it over here from Australia with the moonroof. Not many though. I think Webasto made the roof.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I have been told a few made it over here from Australia with the moonroof. Not many though. I think Webasto made the roof.
    None came over from Oz with the Webasto. Dealers had them installed here. ... I did too. I was warned by all the internet know it alls that my frame would twist from all the torque the stock LS1 produced especially if I took her to the track. That was well over 500 runs ago. lol

Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 03-28-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    None came over from Oz with the Webasto. Dealers had them installed here. ... I did too. I was warned by all the internet know it alls that my frame would twist from all the torque the stock LS1 produced especially if I took her to the track. That was well over 500 runs ago. lol

Click for full size
    Sums that theory up right there.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Man, you got a good looking goat. good info. Ya this is the one my wife fell in love with. Sold before I could call them. Oh, and I don't know the difference between sun and moonroof. Guess this was a sunroof. Are they expensive to install? Would I ask a body shop or dealer?

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/1638646632.html

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Man, you got a good looking goat. good info. Ya this is the one my wife fell in love with. Sold before I could call them. Oh, and I don't know the difference between sun and moonroof. Guess this was a sunroof. Are they expensive to install? Would I ask a body shop or dealer?

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/1638646632.html
    Click for full size
    Nice car. Brazen with 18s. I think a sunroof is meant to be removed and a moonroof is power sliding. I could be wrong though.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I've seen people post that they had the Webasto Holianda 710 installed for as little as $800.The best thing to do is to start here and find a local dealer ... and hopefully one that's already done a GTO. The place that did mine had already installed two for a local Pontiac dealer so I felt pretty confident that they would do a good job.

http://www.webastoshowroom.com/06pontiac_gto710.html

hugger orange

I bet these would look decent with a sliding rag top too...if you could get it to seal right.

Ohio GTO, you'd be supprised(well not you but lots of others) how little support the majority of exterior sheet metal has on ridgidity, but how how much the bonded glass really has to do with "anit twist"

Don't be a dumb ass Damage Inc.'s Avatar

Brazen Orange Metalic
    '06 GTO

They only issue I see with installing an agftermarket sunroof is support for when there is a problem down the road. Say you keep the car for 10-15 years are there going to be replacement parts available or will you be stuck with a hole in your roof. Other than that I would love one.
    Presently I'm looking for a cheap conv. and yes I'm middle aged and balding, but no, I'm not gay.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
    They only issue I see with installing an agftermarket sunroof is support for when there is a problem down the road. Say you keep the car for 10-15 years are there going to be replacement parts available or will you be stuck with a hole in your roof. Other than that I would love one.
    Presently I'm looking for a cheap conv. and yes I'm middle aged and balding, but no, I'm not gay.
    One option would be to buy a new roof panel now and store it incase you need it later...legally the manufacterer has to stock replacement parts for 10 years after production.

By the I'm 34 now and think I hit mid life crisis the day I turned 25 and I'm still there lol

Don't be a dumb ass Damage Inc.'s Avatar

Brazen Orange Metalic
    '06 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    One option would be to buy a new roof panel now and store it incase you need it later...legally the manufacterer has to stock replacement parts for 10 years after production.
    By the I'm 34 now and think I hit mid life crisis the day I turned 25 and I'm still there lol

If they remain in buisness.....

Enjoy your week off. Now get to work.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
    If they remain in buisness.....

Enjoy your week off. Now get to work.
    you do have a point lol....getting back to work now lol

2000 C5 Torch Red

So do you guys think it would be worth it to look at 04's as well? All I've considered are 05-06 as I really want a stock LS2 to cruise in. My wife really likes the styling and it's the first car i've shown interest in that she's liked. Just thinking how cheap the 04's have become, that I could probably take an 04, find the color I like easier and then have some money left for a magnacharger or something of that nature. Just being open minded. Anything else different other than bumpers & motor?

2000 C5 Torch Red

aww, cute. Here's a new 04 with 79 miles, nvr titled with a flame package. LOL...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/G-T-O...item45f1f4b0f9

IBM
    04 GTO

take the flames off and you got a new car lol

IBM
    04 GTO

So do you guys think it would be worth it to look at 04's as well? All I've considered are 05-06 as I really want a stock LS2 to cruise in. My wife really likes the styling and it's the first car i've shown interest in that she's liked. Just thinking how cheap the 04's have become, that I could probably take an 04, find the color I like easier and then have some money left for a magnacharger or something of that nature. Just being open minded. Anything else different other than bumpers & motor?

I bought an 04 because the ls1 nothing wrong with the ls2 but look at it this way ls1 97-04 and ls2 05-07?? and also I like the flat hood an single side exhaust stealth like lol.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

aww, cute. Here's a new 04 with 79 miles, nvr titled with a flame package. LOL...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/G-T-O...item45f1f4b0f9
    Flames are probably only vinyl ... should come right off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information