Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

What do you think of your GTO

What can you guys tell me about gto's? I just sold my T/A yesterday and have a crush on a brazen orange 06 gto with under 30k miles. What are the goods and bads that I can expect from one (flaws, common problems, TSB's)? Do you think a gto is worth getting over something else in the same price range, or do you have a suggestion of something within the gto range?

Thanks guys,

IBM
    04 GTO

strut rub, rear springs blow, If you buy make sure you have some extra cash around to fix these common problems. Just do a LOT of research and you'll have a fun car.

hugger orange

Yup like said above, upgrade to poly bushings and throw a set of aftermarket springs in and you will have a great car!

Comparing to the F-bodies the interior looks and feels more refined and the rear seat is more comfy than the F-body if your a larger person

Don't be a dumb ass Damage Inc.'s Avatar

Brazen Orange Metalic
    '06 GTO

I love mine. If your looking to go over 450rwhp it gets real expensive due to driveline weeknesses, ie. halfshafts, driveshaft, clutch. The only real complant I have is the horrible tire shake. It takes some getting use too to get a good launch....I'm still trying to get that down.
    '06 M6 BOM: Pred, Kooks sig LT's, Magnaflow, Volant, Comp Cam 1.85, March UD. PB 12.92 @110.71 w/ 2.07 60' on street tires.
    '02 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 mods-yes
    '78 Cutlass 383sbc w/spray t56-under constuction
    '66 Baja Bug 1835cc-under constuction

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I love mine despite going through two rear ends. If I had to do it all over again, I would. If I were to hit the lottery, I would by another one and do an HSV bodykit swap. My car is a mystery, but I enjoy it every day.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Great cars. Few bushing problems as mentioned, and weak springs. I sold my built 01 Camaro SS (the 6th one I owned) for this car and have never looked back. Wouldn't mine another F-Body as a toy, but otherwise the GTO beats it hands down.

2000 C5 Torch Red

If anyone hears of anything around my area, give me a shoutout.

Yellow
    2005 GTO M6 - One of 498

Love mine, I haven't run into any of the "common" problems people mention, so far mine has been perfect. Not much to complain about, interior is very nice as compared to an f-body. Because the tire size is small, it's tough to get the power to the ground. Since I'm on the 2 car plan, I will be getting some sticky tires in a few months. My target - Dunlop star F1s, great ratings.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Does this look like a scam to ya'll? I sent the guy a msg, but something seems off. It's one of those to good to be true things. Or maybe someone down on luck?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1661090101.html

hugger orange

Both headlights and tail lights do work

IBM
    04 GTO

Looks clean I got mine over craigslist just make sure you get a phone number and see the thing in person.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Being that you're from Texas you should look into the Texas based GTO forum GasTiresOil.com to find some local guys who might be able to point you towards a good car in your area.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Being that you're from Texas you should look into the Texas based GTO forum GasTiresOil.com to find some local guys who might be able to point you towards a good car in your area.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. No response from that guy. Guessing it's one of those to good to be true things.

Black
    2005 GTO

I love mine but be prepared to spend some $ on suspension cause it blows. Check the door handles and mirrors for paint flaking off. I've only had minor problems with mine over the last year. I do wish I had held out for a tbss, got tired of looking/waiting to find on at a decent price so I jumped the gun and bought a gto. Don't get me wrong I love my gto just would have liked to have the extra room and hual capacity of the tbss.

Don't be a dumb ass Damage Inc.'s Avatar

Brazen Orange Metalic
    '06 GTO

The one on C-list does look nice, but don't count on 20hp from a CAI. And the Black is nice but the red kills it for me.

KBB.com is $16,810 for an '06 w/34K

2000 C5 Torch Red

See the black/red does things for me for some reason. He would have a sold car to a good garage keeping owner if he ever responded back. My color choices in order would be brazen orange/ blue/ black/ maroon. Can't find any but gray or yellow it seems.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Good folks over there.

If OP buys the 06 PBM, I would suggest tinting the windows as to keep the interior in good shape.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Good folks over there.

If OP buys the 06 PBM, I would suggest tinting the windows as to keep the interior in good shape.
    I'm thinking more and more that it's either not legit or sold quickly. Still no response and I wish everyone would leave a phone number. I hate c-list posting system.

And yes, solar gard tint as dark as I can go is a MUST...

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I'm thinking more and more that it's either not legit or sold quickly.
    There are actually quite a few around me that look like they just rolled off the show room floor...but worse comes to worse, a repaint can make it any color you want just wait and you'll find your baby

2000 C5 Torch Red

Well, I'm flip flopping more than a fish out of water. Thinking about talking to the guy selling the 80k firehawk in my area. I sure have always wanted a collectible and if you've ever seen my last LS1 I think I treated it like one.

Only problem is I think the wife will be upset if I sold my bird and end up with another bird (She really liked brazen orange gto with moonroof).

Thread Information