Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

What do you like and hate about your GTO?

A friend of mine is looking to buy one.

I have always been a F-body guy but I have started likeing the GTO over the last few months. Well he brought the GTO over to my house when he was test driving it. MY GOD IT IS AWESOME.

Any way I just wanted to know what you owners thought about the good and the bad things, that way to help my friend with his decision.

Thanks.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

I can only speak about my 04-a4 Ls1 and say that I've only had nothing but pure pleasure with it and have only done a few mods ie; K&n drop-in, Magnaflow catback, and a Diablosport Predator tune.
    I can also say that I have no regrets on my purchase and I plan to keep her for ever.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I like my the interior and the ride.....However, mine is an M6 and I don't like the drive train, its weak for modding. I have replaced the drive shaft, blown the rear end twice and now am installing BMR half shafts and axel stubs. However you cannot beat a irs car for the ride. If your buddy is planning heavy mods and its not an A4 car this will need to be addressed....as for fit and finish it's top notch......my .02 worth.
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Man the ride is like a Mercedes. Just really nice. And instant torque....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

TORCH RED
    2004 GTO M6

I love everything about them... I've had cobra's and a lightning and this doesn't even compare... Wish I went this route aaaaaa long time ago!!..lol Im in Loooooooove!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    i honestly love everything...bought it for a dd, couldnt ask for anything better....love=goat
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Black
    2006 GTO M6

The ride/comfort and power.

Impulse blue
    2005 Pontiac GTO

I have always wanted a GTO and I have had nothing but pleasure out of it. The ride itself is unbelievable! The seats hug you and are very comfortable, the power is wonderful and the car in general is sharp! When you pull up next to people it looks like a sleeper until they feel their car rattle from the dual exhaust! Enjoy!

~*Candice*~

Yellow
    1994 Corvette

I just got one!! I traded in My 98' Trans Am and I took out a loan for the rest but sooo far, I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

The interior is probably the best feature besides the fact that you can have a low 11 second daily driver that looks and sounds bone stock.
    Mine has the red interior and that is the first thing everyone complimants on....Until they go for a ride and they just can't believe how good it rides and how fast it is.
    My complaints would only be the stereo I thought could of been better and I have had the door lock issues that most have had.
    It would of been nice if they spent more money on R&D to get a one piece driveshaft figured out also!! It would of saved me $670.

All AROUND FOR THE MONEY THE ARE GREAT!! I WAS GOING 11.70'S WITH JUST DRAG RADIALS AND MY TUNE AND THE TRUSTY LAUGHING GAS.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Love everything about the car .. ride and driveing is outstanding ..and the LS2 power ..WOW.. could use a few more gauges though , wouldnt mind a oil pressure gauge ....

Metallic Black
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Talking

I love my 06 GTO. I've driven it almost everyday since I bought it. It gets around great and has tremendous power when you want it. I don't know how many times people have shut up when I romped on it cause it threw them in the seat so hard.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post
    I love my 06 GTO. I've driven it almost everyday since I bought it. It gets around great and has tremendous power when you want it. I don't know how many times people have shut up when I romped on it cause it threw them in the seat so hard.
    Now you just need to put a 125 shot on it and don't tell anyone and then take them for a ride and watch there face.......
    If your car is a 6 speed I have another trick you can do to scare friends while banging gears. While the car is sideways in between gears reach over quickly and smack there leg. It scares the shit out them everytime even if they start to expect it. If the seat is nice and low it makes them more scared also cause they are trying to sit up and look over the dash as the car is skating sideways.

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Cool Love my GOAT!!!!!!!!!

I bought my 04 GTO about a year ago and I absolutely love the car!!! The interior is awesome and the ride quality is comparable to a C6 vette. I have a loan out on it, so the only mod done so far is the K&N cold-air intake, but there are many plans in the future. Only problem I have had with mine is the ABS. The light kept coming on even after I took it to the dealership for repairs under warranty. It took 6 trips to the shop before the problem was resolved (turned out a wiring harness was shorting out). Other than that I have never had any problems. It's not a daily driver just because gas is ridiculous, plus I have an hour long drive one way to get to work. I also don't want to put a ton of miles on the GOAT because I have plans to make it One Bad Ass Pontiac!!!!!!!! I would recomend that your buddy buy one. I am a huge GTO enthusiast and have always wanted a 64-66 GOAT, but could never afford one and when I heard Pontiac/GM was bringing the GOAT back I jumped at the chance to own one. And let me tell you it has been worth every penny I spent on it.

Thread Information