Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What Are the best paremeter setting on 04gto diabl

This is a discussion on What Are the best paremeter setting on 04gto diabl within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; how do I change that...

blueberry pearl
    2004 gto

Question where is that

how do I change that

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'm not familiar with a Diablo handheld.....guys?

blueberry pearl
    2004 gto

Cool ???

oh damn LOL I'm stuck I should just reset them huh do u have any suggestion what should I modify my paremeter to

rednari
    You must go into the parameters section of performance tune. There is a section where you can modify or customize the canned tune. The term trim is not used. Instead, the reference is referred to as "injector slope". Negative increases make the mixture richer. If the slope is -7 for instance, then trim back to 0 and test the car.

When you find the section where advance adjustments and speedo calculations are, you are in the right area. Hope this helps.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

If you mean by resetting that you went back to the OEM tune, your former tune (the NASCAR tune) is still in the memory. Upload it again.

Drive around for 15 miles up and down the rpm range to let the PCM adjust itself. Some will say drive for 50 miles, bullshit. Now go to live data. Go to Real Time Data and scroll down to LTFT's. Your diablo does not have memory therefore you can only monitor LTFT while driving around...with a steady foot running along between 55 and 65 in 5th gear - assumes you have a manual gear box. In other words stay between 1200 and 1900 rpm.

your ltft should read between -5% & +5%. Do not pay attention to STFT. They make up, through an average, the LTFT (STFT = Short Term Fuel Trim).

Even + / - %10% is fine as you want the PCM working and monitoring fuel trims.

Once you've completed this scroll down further to the O2 bank readings.
    Make a couple of runs at WOT - the readings should be between .880 and .890 to be on the nose. Good luck as these are narrow band senors and only monitor A/F ratios at WOT to protect the motor... If I recall below .880 is rich and above .890 is lean. Better to error on the rich side.

From here you can either add or reduce timing to which will have little impact on O2 readings, but you need to watch Knock Retard. If the PCM is taking timing out PULL OVER and reduce the spark advance. You can adjust the WOT banks to get it as close to .880 - .890 as you can.

At the end of the day I've spent two summers dick'in with this burning tanks of gas... Between Sarge and another Mod who state I was taking a chain saw into surgery I went to a dyno shop and got a tune using my diablo and a wide band O2 reader. The Diablo site has a locator.

I'm now at 331 hp and 346 ft of torque with an A/F ratio of 12.5 / 1. I maximized what mods I have...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

There you have it from the guys that know.....I'm not a handheld guy and appreciate you guys stepping in helping this kid out.

blueberry pearl
    2004 gto

Talking ok guys

Thank u all for the help I. Am up early so im a fill up my gas now n start driving around. I will let u guys know how it went worst case I'm a have to pay bout 400 to. Have it dyno tuned I should have let the car be it was already a beast I just got use to her speed so I was trying to create a monster guess next step I'm a have to get a blower. Thanks a million everyone

blueberry pearl
    2004 gto

Question I'm baaak

Ok the following has happened now no check engine light this time after a full day of driving and spending almost 125 on gas I have noticed that when I come to a complete stop now the car drops below 1000 rpm and it comes back up but while its coming up it shakes like it was gonna turn off now what the hell happened I adjusted it all make sure I was not lean or very rich but now I get the shake

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Quote Originally Posted by monkey305 View Post
    Ok the following has happened now no check engine light this time after a full day of driving and spending almost 125 on gas I have noticed that when I come to a complete stop now the car drops below 1000 rpm and it comes back up but while its coming up it shakes like it was gonna turn off now what the hell happened I adjusted it all make sure I was not lean or very rich but now I get the shake
    Check your MAF and make sure it's plugged in properly.
    Clean the sensors behind the screen.
    If it's been de-screened you'll continue to get the 'chug'...

blueberry pearl
    2004 gto

ok silver goat. Was right the damn maf has no screen what da hell is that stock or did the other owner take it off idk if its cause of my exhaust system but my gto rumbles louder n sounds stronger then some of the ones around my way I guess its my mystery blueberry gto oh it use to be silver but I painted it myself blk n blue ok guys goodnight k.I. T

Nothing special
    Nothing special

I found a whole bunch of periods and commas laying on the floor. Do these belong to you?

Punctuation is your friend.
    It makes it easier for the person reading to understand you.

blueberry pearl
    2004 gto

Wink sorry

LOL. Sorry man but I'm on my phone and its hard to do punctuation with an iPhone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information