Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

warranty almost up 04 gto

Just got my 04 in aug with 29,000 it now has 34,000. Is there anything i should be aware of the car is in excellent condition. I was thinking about purchasing the G.M. extended warranty for around 1500 dollars. I have 4 and a half years left to pay on this thing. Any opinions on this would be apprecieted. Thanks

Awaiting Activation
    how much more time / miles will the extended warrantee get you?

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

About 3 years i think its up to 70,000

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by starcheif View Post
    About 3 years i think its up to 70,000
    i don't know if i would do it. I would just chance it. The LS1 cars are usually very reliable. You probably won't see any problems until way past 70k.

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Cool thanks for youre input thats kinda what i was thinking. Besides that 1500 bucks would by a nice exhaust system anyways.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

You might still want to get an extended on that 04. I did and I have until 11/07 before original is up. There are some electrical gremlins with our goats like power window actuators going bad, phantom horn honking and instrument clusters going haywire. If you experience anything not right get her in for warranty work. Don't get me wrong-I love my goat but after seeing some of the TSB's I would deffinately get the extended.http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/r...artner=edmunds
    Last edited by GOT1GOAT; 02-03-2007 at 11:51 AM.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

QUICKMFNSILVER
    2004 GTO

i was in the same boat

i bought my 04 with 13,000 now it has 46,000 i let my warranty run out and never bought a new one. nothing has went wrong with it as of yet... well that wasnt my fault (haha) i say forget the warranty and mod up

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Now that you mentioned the electrical issues i did notice the radio turning off on me one night when i was driving for for a long time it did it a few times. It came back on when it wanted too wierd. On a seperate occasion the horn beeped a couple of times very suttle but now i remeber it. The dealer did install the updated I.P.C. software it is supposed to correct a irratic speedo, fuel gauge irratic, temp gauge to high but not overheating. None of those symptoms ever existed that i know of but the radio thing and the phantom horn happened after i had the I.P.C. software update. Thanks for the link to the GTO reacall info iam deffinatley getting her into the dealer asap.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Now that you mentioned the electrical issues i did notice the radio turning off on me one night when i was driving for for a long time it did it a few times. It came back on when it wanted too wierd. On a seperate occasion the horn beeped a couple of times very suttle but now i remeber it. The dealer did install the updated I.P.C. software it is supposed to correct a irratic speedo, fuel gauge irratic, temp gauge to high but not overheating. None of those symptoms ever existed that i know of but the radio thing and the phantom horn happened after i had the I.P.C. software update. Thanks for the link to the GTO reacall info iam deffinatley getting her into the dealer asap.
    You're welcome. Not really recall stuff just Tech. service bulletins for the dealer on what to do for these issues.

I know when I had mine, I bought it new & bought a 7 yr 70k warranty for it, it was like $1450 or so for a API w/ a $0 deduct. Then I traded the car in & cashed it in, I think I got like $1000 back or so, but if I would have waited & bought the warranty after it was already off the lot, it would have cost me $1850. I always buy them, b/c heck for the $$ it don't take much to get the cost up for almost any warranty work these days!!
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Just got my 04 in aug with 29,000 it now has 34,000. Is there anything i should be aware of the car is in excellent condition. I was thinking about purchasing the G.M. extended warranty for around 1500 dollars. I have 4 and a half years left to pay on this thing. Any opinions on this would be apprecieted. Thanks
    spend the 1500 on mods

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    spend the 1500 on mods
    Well iam pretty sure ive decided to spend the money on the mods and just chance it its not my daily driver just my very expensive toy.And now that i have looked at all the aftermarket parts iam leaning more towards a one piece drive shaft and a differential cover with upgraded mount they both work out close to the same as a exhaust system package.After looking at the 2 peice drive shaft with rubber mounts looks pretty weak as does the rear suspension mount.The part iam confused about is the one piece shaft is going to lower my top speed to around 140 does that mean the stock drive shaft allows more top end?Basically iam looking to get my GTO to around 400 horse at the most.The H.P. mods i will do eventually is K N intake ,long tube header exhaust package and perhaps upgrade the computer by a professional tuner and thats it.Iam not looking for 1/4 mile or handiling i just like flying low on a open highway late at night.Its just in my mind having a stout driveline will make my GTO more well rounded and give me more confidence when iam driving it hard.My car is a 6 speed and as iam sure with everyone else here with 6 speeds they get driven hard after all thats the point in having a standard transmission.And agian thanks for all of youre input its been a big help.

Give To Me !

I think you should put that $1500 towards my $5500 Package.. and put my blower ready LS2 and procharger D1SC on.Or defenitly try and stay with GM for the extended waranty.GOOD LUCK! Barnat

red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Remember .. Mods can Void warrenty.... My warrenty is up.only thing so far was E-Brake.... The gages freek sometimes, but maybe I was doing 200mph horn dose that thing sometimes too just smile and wave .....

Thread Information