Sandstone
    09 VE Omega Int Dual Fuel

VE Commodore - Dual fuel goes 4,400Km on a Petrol

VE Commodore - Dual fuel goes 4,400Km on a Petrol
    My 9.5 VE Commodore Omega International Dual Fuel has just completed 4,400KM on 60 litres of Petrol!!

After the first 1000Km of exclusive use of petrol for 'running in' purposes, the use of the dual fuel option has enabled me to travel the next 4,400Km on 60 lites of petrol.

The car starts on petrol and after it warms a little, it turns itself automatically over to LPG.

The only other time I have noticed it using petrol is when the system automatically selects petrol if I am travelling 'quick' up the hills near home.

So 60 litres of petrol cost me $71.11 AUD on Sunday when I filled the petrol tank.

BTW, I'm getting approx 13L/100 on LPG all sorts of running - I have not yet done a full trip to see what the consumption levels for LPG are on cruise.

Mike McInerney
    Marion, South Australia
    Last edited by mmciau; 02-16-2010 at 01:30 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

not sure exactly what the purpose of this post is but I'll move it to the GTO section since there are some aussie car fans in there.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I never knew the Commodores were dual fuel vehicles. Were there dual fuel Monaros, Utes or HSVs built with this option?

Sandstone
    09 VE Omega Int Dual Fuel

Holden has been fitting 'factory fitted' dual fuel to the 'base' cars since 1995-1996.

I have a 1996 Commodore VS Acclaim (one up from base) with factory fitted dual fuel. It has nearly done 200K Km in 13+ years - still going strong but worth zilch as a trade-in or resale so we use it for 'shopping!!

Holden ceased fitting dual fuel to the early Alloytec engines for about a period of 18-24 months while they sorted out new ADR and other needs associated with the Alloytec

In, I think late 2006, they reintroduced dual fuel for the VE Omega (base) and Berlina models (Sedans) and Ute Omega.

It is still using the A4 transmission .

The next step for Holden will be dedicated LPG with Liquid Injection - possibly inside the next 12-18 months.

The great advantage of my car is that i can drive from Capital City to Capital city without the need to fuel. Start on LPG, it automatically switches back to Petrol when it runs out of LPG and we continue...

Mike

PS There are after OEM fitters who will fit LPG to 'normal' petrol engines thus your other engines can have it too - Monaro, Utes, etc

Last edited by mmciau; 02-24-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Thread Information