98 Formula
    06 duramax

vats question....

My bro's 06 has a vats issue. I plan on just flashing it and removing vats altogether but I was curious if you guys have heard of another one doing this.

His car had the column lock repaired by the previous owner. I had the dealership pull all the work orders on it before he bought it. I feel his vats issue is related to that possibly.

When he unlocks it if he doesn't get the key into the ignition and turn the key within a minute or so he has to hit the unlock button on the fob again to get the security light on the dash to go out and allow the car to start. Then sometimes there's a half second delay between the time the key turns and the car actually turns over.

This is a pretty regular deal and not just intermittent. Like say he unlocks the doors and pops the trunk to put something in there. If he doesn't have the key in the ignition and the car turned on within a minute he has to hit the unlock again to get it to start.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yeah it sounds to be a wonderful VATS issue.

As you said just remove it!

Sorry I didn't get back to you bud on your ? with the EFILive tuning. My Grandma ended up passing and I haven't used their software since before the LS2 came out so I couldn't help you if I wanted to.

Let me know on anything else for your brothers ride.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yeah it sounds to be a wonderful VATS issue.

As you said just remove it!

Sorry I didn't get back to you bud on your ? with the EFILive tuning. My Grandma ended up passing and I haven't used their software since before the LS2 came out so I couldn't help you if I wanted to.

Let me know on anything else for your brothers ride.
    Sorry to hear about your grandma. I got it figured out. You have to do 2 reads on the e40's. One for the engine side and one for the tranny side and they're treated as 2 separate tunes really. You only get charged for 1 but you have to read and flash them separately.
    His car is still under warranty. I'm going to get him to have the dealership look at fixing it before I remove it altogether. Vats is a pain to begin with but if it's still under warranty then there's no reason for them not to make it right.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Sorry to hear about your grandma. I got it figured out. You have to do 2 reads on the e40's. One for the engine side and one for the tranny side and they're treated as 2 separate tunes really. You only get charged for 1 but you have to read and flash them separately.
    His car is still under warranty. I'm going to get him to have the dealership look at fixing it before I remove it altogether. Vats is a pain to begin with but if it's still under warranty then there's no reason for them not to make it right.
    Thanks I appreciate that. She is in a better place now.

Yeah I didn't even think about it being a 06 under Warranty still. Yeah I would have him exaggerate the issue's he is having too. Tell them this needs to be fixed correctly this time being that it has a history of repair already.
    You do that exhaust yet?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Thanks I appreciate that. She is in a better place now.

Yeah I didn't even think about it being a 06 under Warranty still. Yeah I would have him exaggerate the issue's he is having too. Tell them this needs to be fixed correctly this time being that it has a history of repair already.
    You do that exhaust yet?
    not yet.....he keeps saying he's going to place his order but it hasn't happened yet. We're going back to the track in october I think so he has a few months.

Thread Information