Thread: turbo variables

black
    2004 gto

turbo variables

for some reason i never knew that there was more variables to performance from forced induction besides psi, for instance i didnt know a bigger turbo will make more power than a smaller one at the same psi??!! i feel kinda stupid but this is an Epiphany to me, and i know this might be a little off topic but you guys are my friends so i feel comfortable askin u guys but would any one mind explaining these variables to me?

hugger orange

You'd probably get a lot more hits and answers if you posted in the forced induction section. And just remember when you ask a question there are lots of other people out there wondering the same thing!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

best to match up your cubes with intended ussage get with a good turbo manufactor,they can help.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    best to match up your cubes with intended ussage get with a good turbo manufactor,they can help.
    Good to see you back, we have missed you Ohio boys. What happened and where have you disappeared. Good to see you back!!!!!! Jack

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Yep, enjoy your builds around here qwkgto.

OP, call up a turbo sponsor on Tech. They will inform you on the basics better then most internet posters, myself included.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

hey Guys thanks ,bought a bass boat spent the summer fishin with my sons,car ran good,but when u run 9s without a cage they tend to throw u out ,lmfao I really could care less.
    I want a cage but I will not fuck up my cars interior to do so and the people I have wanted to put a cage in the car are not in any hurry,was hot here in Ohio this summer so I did not race much June was the last track event I went too,I do have some projects,an LSX to build,a turbo 04 GTO to build and I am doing some new mods to my own car,deer season here right now,so we are a huntin..

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    hey Guys thanks ,bought a bass boat spent the summer fishin with my sons,car ran good,but when u run 9s without a cage they tend to throw u out ,lmfao I really could care less.
    I want a cage but I will not fuck up my cars interior to do so and the people I have wanted to put a cage in the car are not in any hurry,was hot here in Ohio this summer so I did not race much June was the last track event I went too,I do have some projects,an LSX to build,a turbo 04 GTO to build and I am doing some new mods to my own car,deer season here right now,so we are a huntin..
    Was wondering what you were doing with that nice looking LSX, and I do understand fishing. By the way Wensday morning shot a nice 8 point with two drop tines. Take care

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

wow post up some pics you Texas guys have all the big bucks tied up..lol son and I have been watchin those outfitter shows at them hidden deer ranches,I have 4 in the OHIO big bucks club love to hunt deer,we cant race here now ,too darn ccccooold..
    not a good year here so far I have 40 acres of my own we always have good deer here ...but so far not yet this season.
    I just might have to come to Texas,to hunt would like to shoot a big Mulie,my nephew is in Texas now he is stationed there in the army.

Thread Information