Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tires!!

This is a discussion on Tires!! within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by PatrizioD Im kind of wondering the opposite of what this threads leaning towards. What is the lowest ...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Im kind of wondering the opposite of what this threads leaning towards. What is the lowest I can go on the stock 17s? I was thinking 235/40R17, but I dont know since stock on mine was 245/45R17. And OHIO, would adding a 5mm spacer in the front help push my rim away from the strut?
    I can answer that I have a set of c6 wheels i use on the street I use a spacer on the front to do just that, as my front wheels are 8.5 wide I run a 235 40 17 tire
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Quick
    2005 GTO

Wheels look good OHIO...what is that a powder coat or spray? Smoke mirror? I have my oems stripped and on stand by for a powder coat. Going back forth on selling them...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SilverProject View Post
    Wheels look good OHIO...what is that a powder coat or spray? Smoke mirror? I have my oems stripped and on stand by for a powder coat. Going back forth on selling them...
    They are a standard three layer chrome application (Copper, Nickel, then Chrome) then the black chrome is applied on top of that.

"Black Diamond Chrome is a finish which was developed in-house using a liquid based product and color compounded to the desired colors offered."

They were done by Fast Forward Wheels in Cali last year.
    Link to chrome process: http://www.fastforwardwheels.com/Prowler_page.html
    Link to the Black Chrome page. http://www.fastforwardwheels.com/Black_Chrome.html

Quick
    2005 GTO

Sweet so when thet say "liquid base" does that mean a topical spray like paint or a electrical charged dipping process?? It adds a very factory custom look to your ride

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SilverProject View Post
    Sweet so when thet say "liquid base" does that mean a topical spray like paint or a electrical charged dipping process?? It adds a very factory custom look to your ride
    Don't know, the only thing they told me about the process is that it is baked on once it is applied.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Well OHIO you were my influence on deciding on the Enkei KLAMP rims since they have the "hyper black" which looks very much like that black chrome. Looks just so damn good on a PBM!

Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

Yeah they are nice. Did we get anywhere with if 235, 255 or 265 series tires will help/hurt the stock wheels?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    Yeah they are nice. Did we get anywhere with if 235, 255 or 265 series tires will help/hurt the stock wheels?
    I run 235s in the front on both my street (stock) and my strip wheels. The's the original Monaro width so theres less of a chance with strut rub. I run 275s in back.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I thought about running wider rear tires on my 17s but since they are my winter tires/wheels I will leave them as is. I ordered a pair of 275/35/18 BFG G-Force Sport for the rear as the KDW2s are almost down to the treadwear indicators.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information