Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Talking Thinking of trading for GTO...

Well, I drive a 2006 Grand Prix that I owe 15 grand on still. I am thinking about trading it in and buying a 05 GTO. I have been seeing these cars going for very low 20's.. If i could get 15 grand for my GP, put that plus maybe 1500 towards the GTO, shit, i would owe less than what i do now and own my dream. I am definately thinking 05-ls2 is the only way to go. I probally wont have money to mod it for a while. Definately wont be able to drop my 408 that i think about all day into it. But that doesnt matter. I will also have to buy a DD for the MI season's. I am thinking a older jeep. Good in the winter is what i need. Whatcha guys and gals think? Good idea? Or should i be saving my money's to get otta the homestead. Im 20 years old BTW with a good job. So i would be pushing off moving into my own place by at least a year. But hey, i would have my GTO.... err right? Then the next ? would be do i want a manual or be the quickest in the 1/4 with a stalled auto? Im leaning towards a nice stalled auto. So what you people think of my idear? Should i save up and move out? Or re-up and get some HP for my addiction?

Ron.

blue
    2005 gto

trading for gto

I own a 2005 GTO,,,I absolutely love it. You can't imagine the smiles it brings every day.Anyway you can get it would be worth it!!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by KageSS View Post
    Go for it Po-Hi, with a LS2 who needs mods, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a 6spd more fun to drive/race, they are harder to find tho'.....
    yea but to be honest... im not a great driver with sticks... I can and i have before, but i think a stalled auto would be effin sweet. But i guess i have never owned a stick sports car before. I am definately doing this.... no doubt. I am going tomorrow and looking around. Im gonna make this happen. I wish it wasnt winter, that is what is fucking me right now. I am get anxious.

Thats what i am going on, even though i know i will throw some LT on there with a nice cat back almost immediately

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

I test driven an LS2 GTO and loved it and at times have even thought about trading the truck for one in the future

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

^ WOW, never though i'd hear that

lol

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    yea but to be honest... im not a great driver with sticks... I can and i have before, but i think a stalled auto would be effin sweet. But i guess i have never owned a stick sports car before. I am definately doing this.... no doubt. I am going tomorrow and looking around. Im gonna make this happen. I wish it wasnt winter, that is what is fucking me right now. I am get anxious.

Thats what i am going on, even though i know i will throw some LT on there with a nice cat back almost immediately
    With the money WASTED on headers and cat back you could buy a NICE kit for it and some drag radials and have a mid 11 sec. car!!!!
    The manifolds are not your average if you didn't know that's one of the ways they got the #'s they did with the LS2.
    We've done a few with just mufflers,bags,bottle,and 17" drag radials and 11's ALL day!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    With the money WASTED on headers and cat back you could buy a NICE kit for it and some drag radials and have a mid 11 sec. car!!!!
    The manifolds are not your average if you didn't know that's one of the ways they got the #'s they did with the LS2.
    We've done a few with just mufflers,bags,bottle,and 17" drag radials and 11's ALL day!!
    that sounds tempting... i am really trying to stay away from the giggle juice. No i am not afraid of it...... well i guess i kinda am. I would rather have power that is just there..... always. Just kinda how i am i suppose. I would have to disagree with money being WASTED on LT's. Its power. Power that is there. Always. I like that. i duno, i have checked out so may GTO's in the past seven hours its sick. Tomorrow it the day i go and check out cars tag's and $. I will definately be playing cat and mouse with ANY dealer..... they will def. want my buisness. And i will get it the cheapest i can. Thanks for your input guys... The more i think about it... i want a 6 speed. I am totally torn.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Well all I can tell you is for the price of any quality pair of headers is the same price as a kit. So I would say the 175Hp at the touch of a button would be alot better investment than 15-20Hp with headers. Soo many people are mis guided about nitrous it's not funny.

I'de say the biggest benefit would be there is NO added stress on the motor except when your holding the buttton down. Unlike a supercharger or turbo that's constantly adding wear and tear. You can't turn them on or off!!!!!

Your talking about exhaust and tq. convertor mods I'm blowing off low 11's right now with ALL that being stock other than mufflers!!!!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Well all I can tell you is for the price of any quality pair of headers is the same price as a kit. So I would say the 175Hp at the touch of a button would be alot better investment than 15-20Hp with headers. Soo many people are mis guided about nitrous it's not funny.

I'de say the biggest benefit would be there is NO added stress on the motor except when your holding the buttton down. Unlike a supercharger or turbo that's constantly adding wear and tear. You can't turn them on or off!!!!!

Your talking about exhaust and tq. convertor mods I'm blowing off low 11's right now with ALL that being stock other than mufflers!!!!
    yea. i hear ya on all of that. The juice is awesome. I have only rode in one car that had it, but it was a nasty punch. It is not totally outta the question. Now the only thing that is slightly holding me back is insurance for a 20 year old with one accident/no tickets thou. Man i wish i had some rich parents to take care of all of this. lol. Im going on my hunt right now for the GTO, Not to many dealerships have them around here. Thanks for all your input guys.

Silver Metallic
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT

I'd say go for it......As soon as my 13 y/o turns 15/16, I'm gonna get a GTO as well......can't wait!!

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

not for your 16-year-old i hope? That would be a bad judgement call on your part. It will go in a ditch.

Not to rain on your parade man but you should be saving every cent possible for school and moving out; I moved out 2 years before I bought my Z-28, now I'm selling it to help offset wedding costs and fund a winter-driveable daily 4x4. Nothing against the GTO, I love it and am planning on getting one a couple years down the road once me and my new bride are all settled in, I just think that your priorities might be a little off. First things first, ya know? You learn a lot of life's lessons faster when you're on your own, and getting your adult life in order is a little more important than having the exhiliration of a 400-horse muscle car. Oh yeah, do a cold-air intake and a computer tune before you do the headers, you'll enjoy the results!

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

If you owe $15,000 on your car and If they were to give you that much for trade, That would be 0 towards a gto right?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by GOT1GOAT View Post
    If you owe $15,000 on your car and If they were to give you that much for trade, That would be 0 towards a gto right?
    yea thats how i see it

And i would go for the car. A friend and I test drove a LS2 GTO and loved it. Oh and as far as LT's > go for it!!!!! Did you pop the hood on that bad boy? When me and my friend did we almost pissed outselves. There is soooooo much room in there. LT's would be a piece of cake.

Which would mean that you would then have to secure the $25,000 or whatever you need to actually purchase your goat. If I were you, I'd stick with the GP and bank my money for a few years. Or sell the car, pick up a nice 1999 Z28 for $10,000 or so, and use the remainder of your cash for a winter vehicle and some savings.

Heck if it worked his way we'd ALL be driving LS2's, least i KNOW i would

Silver Metallic
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Nope....GTO will be for me....Ty will have the GA......

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by GOT1GOAT View Post
    Yep, Plans have changed alittle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    yea thats how i see it
    yep
    And i would go for the car. A friend and I test drove a LS2 GTO and loved it. Oh and as far as LT's > go for it!!!!! Did you pop the hood on that bad boy? When me and my friend did we almost pissed outselves. There is soooooo much room in there. LT's would be a piece of cake.
    Yes i have seen at Milan, MI.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    Which would mean that you would then have to secure the $25,000 or whatever you need to actually purchase your goat. If I were you, I'd stick with the GP and bank my money for a few years. Or sell the car, pick up a nice 1999 Z28 for $10,000 or so, and use the remainder of your cash for a winter vehicle and some savings.
    Well i have 6,000+ w2's i can put toward the goat. I am planing on saving 5 to 6 grand more, and doing it. I changed my mind and decided to just keep the GP/ My loan payment is 237 amonth with Zero % interest. Thats really nice. I will be able to put almost all my work cash toward the remaining 13 or 14 grand. it after that and just pay it off ASAP. I think i should do it before i move...lol. Then i will have the car. I will never do it to get married.... booo. You are one year older than me ? Damn thats way early on the marriage, ecspecially to be seeling the car. I have experience of living on your own. Drinking everynight gooing to school everyday and having to work for nothing for cash.lol... That was school... 600 miles away from home. It got me a very decent paying job, with places to grow, so thats cool. I think im still defineatly going threw with this. I think i can afford it, the exception will be insurance. It all comes down to how bad i want it. Thanks for the inputs guys....

Mommy says she would much rather you saved your money and got your butt outta her house.....SOON.

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I am thinking about trading it in and buying a 05 GTO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    I test driven an LS2 GTO and loved it and at times have even thought about trading the truck for one in the future
    Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Thread Information