HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Thank you Nelson! New gto 1/4 times!

Well this one is for all ls1 gto's..I went to Great Lakes Dragaway today about 15 miles over the Illinois/Wisconsin border. Right outside of Kenosha.. I went with three of my buddy's...
    John-99 m6 formula (lid, longtubes, cutout) best was 13.3
    Fred-99 m6 Z-28 (lid, ls6 intake, maf, catback) best was 13.2
    One just came along

I ran 13.9x-14.0x in may when I went to Route 66 in Joliet, Illinois..with just cutouts...

Since then I have put on a cai, dr's, and just free mods. However the mod that takes the cake. Is the Nelson Performance PCM tune. OMFG!. When I talked to Allen at Nelson. He has a Ls2 a4 gto. He was telling me he couldnt break 13 sec passes with it. He told me after the Pcm Tune. He ran a 13.1!!! I was a lil optimistic but believed him due to how terrible stock GTO tunes are. And said I would pick up anywhere from 25-30rwhp. yes from a tune...well today I kicked arse and have the proof!!!All my praise to you Allen from Nelson Performance! All GTO owners looking for serious power!! Please go talk to Allen!!

I ran a total of 10 times today. 1 was 13.5x, 4 were 13.2x, 5 were 13.1x..Best Time was....

RT-.026
    60'-1.989
    330-5.581
    1/8-8.482
    MPH-85.77
    1000-10.997
    1/4 mile-13.117
    MPH-106.85

Heres the time slip for those who may not believe me. I am car #619 in the left lane. Oh and if anyone wants to see pics of my car with the number just ask. I have them too along with all my other timeslips. Also the person I ran in the right lane was Jon712 on here, he'll vouche for me as well if needed...

Last edited by Raoul-Duke; 11-18-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Nice times man! Work on that 60' time and your in the 12's.
    I'm gonna see Allen this week...we gotta change out the oil thermostat on the GTO.....guy knows his stuff better than any tuner I have ever met. These guys buying those hand helds would never understand what one of Allen's mail order tunes can do.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I'm gonna see Allen this week...we gotta change out the oil thermostat on the GTO.....guy knows his stuff better than any tuner I have ever met. These guys buying those hand helds would never understand what one of Allen's mail order tunes can do.
    what gains could I see on my 01 ss from one of his tunes ? woudnt I be better off going to a tune shop ?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have yet to see a tuner beat him.....ever....Allen has so many tunes he has a library of every car with every mod and configuration you could possibly think of and nails it everytime. First time. And after the first tune...you can mod and he doesnt charge anything for the "adjustments"....just cannot be beat.....

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I have yet to see a tuner beat him.....ever....Allen has so many tunes he has a library of every car with every mod and configuration you could possibly think of and nails it everytime. First time. And after the first tune...you can mod and he doesnt charge anything for the "adjustments"....just cannot be beat.....

sounds pretty good, I might have to go that route

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Allen and I tune my GTO on the street. He has a dyno....but I prefer the street....he does also actually...real world tuning...fuck a bunch of numbers...You should see Allen trying to hang onto his laptop when I punch it

silver
    2004 gto

BEST In my words my friend has it and he tuned my car for 150 bucks and it was the best thing that happened to the goat
    2004 GTO silver/red int.
    SLP Loudmouth I Exhaust
    Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Headers
    3" Mid pipes (no Cats)
    K&N CAI
    SLP Heavy Duty Sway Bar SLP Sway Bar Bushings
    GMM Ripshift
    125 shot of nitrous HSW
    nittos D/Rs 555R
    Hp Tune 13.03 @ 109 mph (without nitrous, GMM Ripshift, and Nittos)

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    thanks sarge! it was honestly the best mod i've ever done. thanks you for refering me to Nelson Performance and allen.. and thank you allen for everything!...i couldnt be more happier..now i just gotta see what i can do to get a lil more power wo getting headers or a cam to make me high 12sec consistent,lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    what gains could I see on my 01 ss from one of his tunes ? woudnt I be better off going to a tune shop ?
    abbbssolutely. best thing to tell ya man is just give him a call. His customer service is A+++

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Allen and I tune my GTO on the street. He has a dyno....but I prefer the street....he does also actually...real world tuning...fuck a bunch of numbers...You should see Allen trying to hang onto his laptop when I punch it

was he the guy that was with u when yall scared the mayors wife to death ????

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    was he the guy that was with u when yall scared the mayors wife to death ????
    I had just left his shop

LS1.com Sponsor

silver
    94 silv

Nice gains! And thanks for the updates, let us know if there's anything else we can help out with,

allen

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    Nice gains! And thanks for the updates, let us know if there's anything else we can help out with,

allen
    yeah thanks allen you tune my 97 trans am. you know the one that the muffler shop fried my pcm! lol. well im going to need a tune for the gto and now the trail blazer ss!!

LS1.com Sponsor

silver
    94 silv

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    yeah thanks allen you tune my 97 trans am. you know the one that the muffler shop fried my pcm! lol. well im going to need a tune for the gto and now the trail blazer ss!!
    That's great! Talk to you soon!

Black
    2002 Camaro B4C

Anyone know of anywhere I can get my 02 B4C tuned at around Syracuse, NY?

Thread Information