Teaching someone to drive a stick in the goat?

Is this harsh on the rearend? i know it is on the clutch real bad and i imagine if they bog it and stall it, it would be bad on the rearend.. but this isnt going to kill my car will it? Thanks guys... also if you have anymore advice on how to teach them that would be awesome lol.. thanks

Electron Blue
    2002 C5 Z06

Best advice would be to teach them on a different car lol

Red
    2001 ws6

i learned how to drive stick on my trans am, wish i coulda learned else where but not an option, best advice i could give you, i valet and teach all the valets how to drive stick haha
    tell them not to touch the gas, put the car in 1st, SLOWLY let off the clutch, when the car starts to shutter/stall out tell them to leave the clutch there so they learn where it ingages, then tell them to lightly press the gas and release the clutch, smoothest transaction i can think of and ive only had 1 person not learn how to drive stick out of about 15 in less than 10 minutes

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I will go ahead and link THIS thread here so it's easier for you to find later on.

Electron Blue
    2002 C5 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I will go ahead and link THIS thread here so it's easier for you to find later on.

Nero
    2006 gto

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    tell them not to touch the gas, put the car in 1st, SLOWLY let off the clutch, when the car starts to shutter/stall out tell them to leave the clutch there so they learn where it engages, then tell them to lightly press the gas and release the clutch
    Ive been driving stick since I learned how to drive 8 years ago (not that long) and this is by far the best advice Ive ever heard or could have given. Also, tell them not to get frustrated, because that only makes your hand/foot movements more jerky and stiff. RELAX!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    i learned how to drive stick on my trans am, wish i coulda learned else where but not an option, best advice i could give you, i valet and teach all the valets how to drive stick haha
    tell them not to touch the gas, put the car in 1st, SLOWLY let off the clutch, when the car starts to shutter/stall out tell them to leave the clutch there so they learn where it ingages, then tell them to lightly press the gas and release the clutch, smoothest transaction i can think of and ive only had 1 person not learn how to drive stick out of about 15 in less than 10 minutes
    This is very good advice. I taught my friend how to drive stick on his 4 banger S10 using this method and I think it worked very well. We were off and cruising on the main roads within about 25 minutes of getting in the truck for the first time.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I learned on my jeep. If you can drive a stick with no synchros and 4wd through the woods then highway is cake.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Well just depends on how bad of a driver they are. I would get them to the point where they are popping the clutch @ 2000 and spinning the tires a little versus slipping the clutch or riding it.

I mean it's a stock clutch so it's designed to handle some driver error.
    And your ? about the rear it will be fine. Put it this way I dump the clutch on these cars @ 5000-5500 rpm on a regular basis with built motors and haven't broke one yet.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information