Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

T/C Control Button

This is a discussion on T/C Control Button within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by pmolina0436 Hey what up man!!yea i have an 04 A4 correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm ...

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    Hey what up man!!yea i have an 04 A4
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure even with the m6 you still have engine torque management that pulls timing

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Yes it does but the D tune helps a bunch.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Yes it does but the D tune helps a bunch.
    ay tj, do you have a custom tune, or your running the performence tune on the Diablo!!

Ray Charles blue

I heard that if you hold down the T/C button for 10 seconds it gives you 20 more HP!....hahaha

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

0436 Just the diablo tune, I don't have that many mods, and yes TLS that is good for about 30 I think.

04 pontiac GTO GONE

I have A4, I always turn my T/C off when I get in, inless its slick out to many scares in my GTO, and I have a tune for my diablo. It only boggs down at the track don't really notice it on the street. I know I need a stall, just don't wanna spend the money on it right now specially since I'm getting tired of having a car payment. I know I'm gonna end up regretting it later on but I kinda wanna sell my car but What I still owe on it aint anyone gonna pay.

Black
    2004 GTO

0436 Just the diablo tune, I don't have that many mods, and yes TLS that is good for about 30 I think.
    Damn im thinking about getting the ls6 intake with the ls6 matching heads..You think it will make some good HP!!

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Don't forget the cam and I don't know about the t body, it may be 90mm not sure. A lot of money for 50-60 HP IMHO.

Ray Charles blue

Damn im thinking about getting the ls6 intake with the ls6 matching heads..You think it will make some good HP!!
    You HAVE the LS6 intake son...lol As well as the LS6 block.

The heads ALONE are good for 20 of the 50 hp between the LS1 & LS2 but you will need a tune for the increase in compression.. Oh and BTW you can use regular LS2 heads (243's). Same casting as LS6 just without the sodium filled valves.

Rock on.................

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    You HAVE the LS6 intake son...lol As well as the LS6 block.

The heads ALONE are good for 20 of the 50 hp between the LS1 & LS2 but you will need a tune for the increase in compression.. Oh and BTW you can use regular LS2 heads (243's). Same casting as LS6 just without the sodium filled valves.

Rock on.................
    hey TLS what part of PA are you in? in down here on the border just out Greencastle PA off I81

Black
    2004 GTO

Don't forget the cam and I don't know about the t body, it may be 90mm not sure. A lot of money for 50-60 HP IMHO.
    your right...better work some overtime!!!! ay how bout them gas prices!!! enjoy em' while there low..I just filled up with 33 $$$$...i used to spend about 65 to 70!! gas where im from is 1.95/pg for premium(93oc)..

hugger orange

your right...better work some overtime!!!! ay how bout them gas prices!!! enjoy em' while there low..I just filled up with 33 $$$$...i used to spend about 65 to 70!! gas where im from is 1.95/pg for premium(93oc)..
    i filled up for exactly $40 today...yeah! i saw it as low as $1.91pg in VA this morning coming up the road

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

2.18 here still, live in the country but better than the 3.99 I was paying, damn oil bitches. Makes me want to drive more and not feel so bad Thats' means new tires will be comming soon

Black
    2004 GTO

2.18 here still, live in the country but better than the 3.99 I was paying, damn oil bitches. Makes me want to drive more and not feel so bad Thats' means new tires will be comming soon
    Yea im saving up for either some heads, cam, or a stall...which do you think should come first..

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

You already have a tune so you got rid of a lot of TC issues plus more than likely upped your auto line pressure so it will shift harder. What you said in your first post is you beat the SS after the tune, so IMHO I would go with a stall which will make you launch harder, then get the wheel spin under control with tires and rear end up grades. Maybe others will help out if they don't agree.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    hey TLS what part of PA are you in? in down here on the border just out Greencastle PA off I81
    I am just south of Corning NY. I live RIGHT on the edge of NY, as in 2.5 miles by road....lol I live about 30 minutes west of Mansfield on Rt249.

Black
    2004 GTO

You already have a tune so you got rid of a lot of TC issues plus more than likely upped your auto line pressure so it will shift harder. What you said in your first post is you beat the SS after the tune, so IMHO I would go with a stall which will make you launch harder, then get the wheel spin under control with tires and rear end up grades. Maybe others will help out if they don't agree.
    yea..i want the damn stall..they are pretty expensive..then the labor work is probly alot also..I wish i knew how to do all the labor work for ls1 engines..that will probly save me some $$$!!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Stall isnt a big deal.....

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Listen to what Sarge has to say, he more than likley has the most modded 04 on the site, mine is an 06 m6 not much different but I am very old school when it comes to new cars still learning, to give you an example I had a 57 2ds for 32 years and many more from 70 down. So i've been a wrencher for a long time and love it. New tech I am still learning thats' why I am on this board, but I will try to help if I can if not I will tell you. Back in the day a stall helped. BTW gave my son the 57. Regards, Jack, and research as much as you can the best runing cars have the parts that all work together

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

TJ....I've pulled many a motor with a chain thrown over a oak limb and a come along

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information