Suspension Upgrades

This is a discussion on Suspension Upgrades within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; The roll bar will pretty much finish the rear end modifications....tie it together anyway...I launch like a big dog now....in ...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Suspension Upgrades

The roll bar will pretty much finish the rear end modifications....tie it together anyway...I launch like a big dog now....in the rear I have all poly bushings....pedders drag springs...harrop cover and poly mount...Koni Adjustables.....she sticks well on Nitto's.....now time for the front end....looking at sub frame poly bushings also....anybody using the Pedders adjustable struts upfront? The bushings will all get changed out....I'm curious of the front coil over struts Pedders pimps.....are they worth it over the stock struts after all the bushings have been changed out? Seems to me the stock bushings are shit and the poly bushings would add a ton of "stiffness"......

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    The roll bar will pretty much finish the rear end modifications....tie it together anyway...I launch like a big dog now....in the rear I have all poly bushings....pedders drag springs...harrop cover and poly mount...Koni Adjustables.....she sticks well on Nitto's.....now time for the front end....looking at sub frame poly bushings also....anybody using the Pedders adjustable struts upfront? The bushings will all get changed out....I'm curious of the front coil over struts Pedders pimps.....are they worth it over the stock struts after all the bushings have been changed out? Seems to me the stock bushings are shit and the poly bushings would add a ton of "stiffness"......
    will that work on the 06? im slowly doing stuff to the gto. got some nitto's in the mail and getting a tune here this month!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yes.

rednari
    That is a good kit and will make a big handling improvement. But I like the coilovers because 60mm (2.5") springs allow the use of 9" wheels and 275 tires on the front. It also gets rid of OEM upper seat pillow and related hardware and lets you easily adjust camber.

WHITE

Frt STRUTS

The Pedders struts are top quality units. In the past, I have used them for swaybars, shocks, springs and struts & am very happy with all of them.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup...I am looking at the coilovers......

rednari
    Also, and I am uncertain about the Pedders, some coilovers let you adjust suspension height without affecting rebound.

Thread Information