Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Supercharger?

This is a discussion on Supercharger? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok thank you guys, I just didn't want to tear the thing down and do all the work for nothing, ...

hugger orange

ok thank you guys, I just didn't want to tear the thing down and do all the work for nothing, my pacesetter long tubes will be here by next weekend so I guess i'l order the gaskets and bolts, friday morning il pop the heads off, P&P them and throw it back together. i'm doing a pcv delete, extending the cai down and out to the bottom of the front bumper, and weight reduction, do you know of any other low buck/free mods I can do myself?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

You need to find a local machine shop that has a Serdi Valve machine and have them go in there first with the cutters and clean the bowl area's up first. Then port and polish. Then take them back to the same shop and have them do a Serdi valve job.

A Sedi cut a smooth 5-8 point radius NOT old school 3 angle BS.

Also if you plan on spending big money on a blower Cometic or Fel-Pro MLS head gaskets need to be added and I would also replace the stock head bolts with some ARP's.

Are you scared of nitrous..........................?

You can gain twice as much power for a 1/4 of the price.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

hugger orange

thank you for the input ls2tuner, I've had nitrous on a vw golf2.0 before and liked it (alot). I want to have ALOT of streetable all motor power. Later this summer going to do a cam and 3500 stall. I might look into getting nitrous next summer. Is there a good (big) street/strip cam you can recomend for all motor and also using with nitrous if I stepup to that level? I'm just about ready to put my 87 pos nissan pulsar on the road for my 20minute commute to work and back and then the goat will just be for weekends and playing around. I am running an a4 so at what point will I need to start worrying about it's ability, and the stock rear to holdup to the extra power. I'm also getting a good laptop program setup. (I love my girlfriend, Shannon will be driving me around so I can do real time tunning.
    Sorry for stealing your thead 1stgto, but thank you for starting it and getting me to ask more questions!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Call Cam Motion and have them grind a cam directly for your application. I'm not a Big fan of off the shelf grinds. Every car is different. Not to mention they are usually about the same price. Since you want to do a cam you need to get the exact #'s your heads flow after the port job. Also get the exact weight of YOUR car. You can go to a local truck stop and get it weighed for $4-8 and they will usually give you a print out.

Just do your self a favor and be honest with all the ?'s they ask you about intentions and specs.

http://www.cammotion.com/

Phone: +1 (225) 926-6110

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information