Black
    soon to be e36 ls1 swap

strange problems with buddies Goat

my buddy has a 2004 ls1 goat with the autotragic and he is having some strange problems that I think are all intertwined with each other and all happen at the same time.
    Every so often the brake lights-tail lights wont work along with cruise control and if you put the car in drive and try to accelerate from a full stop it sputters horribly and has a hard time getting out of it till it hits second gear. That is with traction control on. But when you turn it off it will accelerate normally. I am completely stumped. I have searched and found nothing on this. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

thanks in advance.
    Zander

hugger orange

I'm just guessing here, but sounds like it might be a bad ground or low voltage problem.
    it only happens with trac on and in 1st gear?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

abs/traction control issue..if i am not mistaken doesn't the gto's traction control use throttle control..if so then if the traction control is giving off bad signals...it would be cutting fuel etc ..whuch would explain the sputtering...but actually..apon reading it more..it is definitely a electrical issue ..electrical issues are more then likely causing scewed outputs from sensors and so forth.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree...sounds like an electrical gremlin. I'm not sure how the brake lights would play into the traction control but they should play into the cruise control. I would probably start at brake light sockets since they're easy to check. Look at those for corrosion.

Black
    2004 Monaro

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I agree...sounds like an electrical gremlin. I'm not sure how the brake lights would play into the traction control but they should play into the cruise control. I would probably start at brake light sockets since they're easy to check. Look at those for corrosion.
    Good advice. Also, the brake light bulbs haven't been upgraded to LED's have they ??? This has been known to cause similar issues.

Black
    soon to be e36 ls1 swap

some good input here guys. I drove the car today and its acting normal again. But it wont be too long before it will act up agian. My buddy and I are going to check this stuff out.
    Thanks for the help
    Zander

White
    09 G8 GT

brake light switch? At least thats what its called on some other cars...like the reverse light switch except it shuts the cruise off when you hit the brake etc

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    brake light switch? At least thats what its called on some other cars...like the reverse light switch except it shuts the cruise off when you hit the brake etc
    I had thought that too but he said he had no brake lights so if the switch was disabling the cruise I would think the lights would be on. Hell, check it all anyhow....I've seen stranger things happen.

Thread Information