Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shell Vs. Chevron

This is a discussion on Shell Vs. Chevron within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS It states "Shell" and "Shell Canada" as two separate entities. We have 1 Shell station in ...

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    It states "Shell" and "Shell Canada" as two separate entities.

We have 1 Shell station in my immediate area that is still left standing. A few of the others have closed down. They are typically 10 cents or more higher than the surrounding gas stations. Their lot is usually empty.
    Ya shell has always typically been a few pennies higher than anyone else. But what really nags me is they bump that price even higher for those of us that use a card at the pump, none of the other stations do that.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya shell has always typically been a few pennies higher than anyone else. But what really nags me is they bump that price even higher for those of us that use a card at the pump, none of the other stations do that.
    We have a few "independent" stations around here that charge more if you pay at the pump also instead of paying with cash inside. I rarely see it, but have.

I've rarely seen it anywhere at all until I moved here. Even then it seems to be just the Shell stations,,,don't know why.

I never did mind going in and paying cash. But since society is full of low life scum bags that like to steel gas that luxury has been taken away. Now you have to go in and plunk down $50, go pump your gas, then go back in a second time to grab your change. Sometimes waiting in line twice.
    Hence the reason I started using a card anymore.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I think you summed that up quite nicely.

I used to manage a BP station and dealt with drive-offs a lot. I even chased a few people down which I was later informed by the local police enforcement that was a bad idea...haha.

If I got their license plate number, I would give it to our midnight guy whose dad was a PI. He would give me the address and I would go there. It was usually younger punk kids who did it so I would speak to their parents and get the money back

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I think you summed that up quite nicely.

I used to manage a BP station and dealt with drive-offs a lot. I even chased a few people down which I was later informed by the local police enforcement that was a bad idea...haha.

If I got their license plate number, I would give it to our midnight guy whose dad was a PI. He would give me the address and I would go there. It was usually younger punk kids who did it so I would speak to their parents and get the money back
    That's one way to add excitement to an otherwise long day

Yellow
    2005 GTO M6 - One of 498

Gas

Whatever says 93 octane is what I run... It's all good these days...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Unless you can prove which company uses less ethanol in there gas any of the top tier gas stations are more than sufficient. I plan to see which if any stations use less than the permitted amount of ethanol come next semester.

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Unless you can prove which company uses less ethanol in there gas any of the top tier gas stations are more than sufficient. I plan to see which if any stations use less than the permitted amount of ethanol come next semester.
    I had a link to the ethanol permitted and the laws that differ from state to state in another thread several month back.

The ethanol is not a country wide practice. And to make matters worse,,,there are some states that don't require gas stations to post ethanol content on their pumps, even if they are using it.

So you have to research the state you live within. I was able to find several stations in Ohio that didn't use ethanol, and Ohio requires all stations to post it if it's used. That seemed to be slowly deteriorating though.

Here in Arizona I'm not so lucky,,,,ethanol is state wide here from what I have found. You will probably find the same issues in California,,,because I believe Arizona gets the same crap gas that California uses.
    I had to pull timing from the cars after I moved here compared to the good gas we had in Ohio.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-06-2010 at 08:04 PM.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Amoco used to do this consistently in the 80s/90s. But since BP bought them I haven't seen it often either.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I never did mind going in and paying cash. But since society is full of low life scum bags that like to steel gas that luxury has been taken away. Now you have to go in and plunk down $50, go pump your gas, then go back in a second time to grab your change. Sometimes waiting in line twice.
    Hence the reason I started using a card anymore.
    Many chains here let you get 'pump start' cards so you can start pumping first and then go in and pay cash for just that reason. They're not credit cards, just let them know who you are so you can't pump and run...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Many chains here let you get 'pump start' cards so you can start pumping first and then go in and pay cash for just that reason. They're not credit cards, just let them know who you are so you can't pump and run...
    Never heard of that before. I wish they all would practice that, or at least get the word out to the public.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I had a link to the ethanol permitted and the laws that differ from state to state in another thread several month back.

The ethanol is not a country wide practice. And to make matters worse,,,there are some states that don't require gas stations to post ethanol content on their pumps, even if they are using it.

So you have to research the state you live within. I was able to find several stations in Ohio that didn't use ethanol, and Ohio requires all stations to post it if it's used. That seemed to be slowly deteriorating though.

Here in Arizona I'm not so lucky,,,,ethanol is state wide here from what I have found. You will probably find the same issues in California,,,because I believe Arizona gets the same crap gas that California uses.
    I had to pull timing from the cars after I moved here compared to the good gas we had in Ohio.
    You know what the real bitch is I bet gas was cheaper back east then here in Cali.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information