Results 1 to 17 of 17

"service engine soon"

This is a discussion on "service engine soon" within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Message comeing out on the dash were the options comes out "service enigine soon" no fault codes at all..and no ...

  1. #1
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    "service engine soon"

    Message comeing out on the dash were the options comes out "service enigine soon" no fault codes at all..and no its not the oil message..just wondering what can trgger this message to com on..I just got back my mail oder tune and is started doing this..
    Mods..cai..long headers tube...no cats...

  2. #2
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Who tuned it?

  3. #3
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    At first I was going to suggest checking the OPSU at the back of the intake manifold. But that would trip the "service vehicle soon" light.

  4. #4
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    I'm wondering if the tuner didn't set something properly.

  5. #5
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    At first I was going to suggest checking the OPSU at the back of the intake manifold. But that would trip the "service vehicle soon" light.
    OPSU??..the sensor in the back?

  6. #6
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    I got a mail order tune from Nelson performence....I was reading something about. Maybe it being something with 02 sensors??..I'm running long tubes and no cats..but no other messegas comming out..or warning signs..

  7. #7
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    did they tune out your rear O2s?

  8. #8
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    OPSU??..the sensor in the back?
    Yeah. The oil pressure sensor. When they go, they leak and trip the "service vehicle soon" light on the cluster.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    did they tune out your rear O2s?
    ^^this

  9. #9
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    did they tune out your rear O2s?
    Yea they did..I'm sure of that cause if they dint wouldent it have given you th chk engine light on that one..

  10. #10
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Yeah. The oil pressure sensor. When they go, they leak and trip the "service vehicle soon" light on the cluster.



    ^^this
    Need to check oil pressure..but I'm going to driv it for a while see if it just needs to get ued to the tune I guess

  11. #11
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    You don't get a "beep" warning, do you? If not, then it's not the OPSU.

  12. #12
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    You don't get a "beep" warning, do you? If not, then it's not the OPSU.
    Yea as soon as the sytem is checked...it just start beeping a couple of time with the message..
    And another new thing that came up is trouble code p0171...lean on bank 1.
    So I'm thinnking that could be triggering the message??
    About the code..I'm trying to trouble shoot what exactly needs to be fixed..I used to have an sd tune before and now running a reg..maf on tune..so I'm thinking the mass air flow sensor is not working prperly?? Anyone have any advide I can use..

  13. #13
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    I believe that code is for multiple misfire. I had that code. Check your wires as one could be loose. My issue was my #5 cylinder plug wire had come free from the spark plug. Found that and reconnected it and all is well. Did you check your oil lever and OPSU? You might be leaking from the OPSU. As for the MAF, if you're running the SD tune with the MAF, you could be having an issue, but don't quote me on that as my car still uses the factory MAF. Get back to us as soon as you can.

  14. #14
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I believe that code is for multiple misfire. I had that code. Check your wires as one could be loose. My issue was my #5 cylinder plug wire had come free from the spark plug. Found that and reconnected it and all is well. Did you check your oil lever and OPSU? You might be leaking from the OPSU. As for the MAF, if you're running the SD tune with the MAF, you could be having an issue, but don't quote me on that as my car still uses the factory MAF. Get back to us as soon as you can.
    I meant I was running an SD tune before I got the tune from nelsons so right now I'm running maf...I did check the oil pres. But no leaks..still working on checkin each plug now..but to be honest the car is running awsome..I'm getting a lot more mpgs thn before..but I don't light that chk engine light :O...and even my transmission feels better..it used to kinda slip or sty stuck on a gear..now I haven't. Haed an issue since the tune

  15. #15
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Okay. Let us know what you find.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    ardmore oklahoma
    Posts
    121

    yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

    on my gto when the service light comes on, my oil is ready to be changed. I set it to come on at 3500 miles.

  17. #17
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    I meant I was running an SD tune before I got the tune from nelsons so right now I'm running maf...I did check the oil pres. But no leaks..still working on checkin each plug now..but to be honest the car is running awsome..I'm getting a lot more mpgs thn before..but I don't light that chk engine light :O...and even my transmission feels better..it used to kinda slip or sty stuck on a gear..now I haven't. Haed an issue since the tune
    You are getting better gas mileage because your car is running lean (not using as much fuel as it should be). Hence why you have the P0171 code (System Too Lean (Bank 1)).

    I would get it fixed, pronto.

    Start with cleaning the MAF sensor with CRC cleaner.

    If that doesn't clear the code, check for vacuum leaks downstream of the MAF sensor.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: "Service Engine Soon light" Got a P0430 code
    By gymrat11 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 08:42 AM
  2. Help: Service Engine Soon Light On ???"s
    By dickeymoore in forum General Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 08:32 AM
  3. Blinking "Service Engine Soon Light"??
    By Tampa T/A in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 04:23 AM
  4. Help: "service engine soon"
    By Sayed_000 in forum General Help
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 03:31 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 05:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •