rednari

For Sarge Re: Rear Wheel Housing

I heard there is a shop your way, meaning somewhere in Texas, that installs mini tub set ups. The shop supposedly installs new tubs and trims the control arm to correctly fit 10" rims with upto 335mm tires. This is not a wheel flare set up.

So the questions are this: Do you know the shop? If so, do they do good work? Any help in this matter would be appreciated by me and maybe other forum members.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

You should very easily be able to take it to a good local race car shop. All that is needed is the inner wheel tub to be split and section to be added.
    Any quality chassis shop will do in house tin work for the interiors and such on all the tube chassis cars. So doing a pair of wheel well sections would be a easy job for them.

Where are you in Florida?
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Your talking about Bob at Classic Coachworks in San Antonio. He built and houses all the ZZTop cars.....he rolled my fenders......but yes I know he has split the tubs on some top end new Goats.....one I personally saw was the 06 twin turbo running around down here....I think your talking about Bob......he is looking for some GTO seats....make him a deal
    Bob Haynes Custom Coach Works

(210) 341-2222 6 Burwood Ln, #1, San Antonio, TX 78216 Map it | Get directions Cross Streets: Between Interloop Rd and Melliff Dr

rednari
    Thanks guys for the input. I would go to race chassis shop, but I think the shock tower location on our cars is difficult to move inward. Thats why most guys choose to go outward and flare the quarter panel.

I heard a guy in Texas was doing the tub work without shock problems or fender flares. You are confined to an 10" rim and 335 tire so the wheel fits well in the housing without flares. The job is supposed to cost around $1500, so it's probably not the ZZ Top guy.

I am just outside Miami and know of many chassis builders in Daytona, but wanted to find someone GTO specific. But maybe a race shop is the right way to go.

Thread Information