Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote Key

Black
    2004 GTO

Remote Key

My key got wet and messed up... the car turns on and eveything ..but cant get the alarm to stop..Can i pick up just any "used" key and reprogram it to my car then it would work?? please HELP.. I wanted to get this from ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...Q5fAccessories

The numbers that are posted there are the same number on my key..

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Get the fob. It will work once you reprogram it. But devote half a day to reprogram the fob. Your car should start with your current fob, but will just read "VEHICLE STARTED WITH KEY" or something like that.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Get the fob. It will work once you reprogram it. But devote half a day to reprogram the fob. Your car should start with your current fob, but will just read "VEHICLE STARTED WITH KEY" or something like that.
    I found this on gmpartsonline.net ..

Part # 92141426..
    Is this what i need.. and how do i reprogram..I read some other post about reprogramming but Dont know if they are correct cause it was for an 05..?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Cutlass should be able to help ya out. But it is time consuming.

Black
    2004 GTO

OK..I got the new FOB..I was able to program it (i think)...Well the alarm is working fine now, the door locks lock and close by the press of the button..

But now The car wont start at ALL.. Its wont budge, and its like nothing..I know it cant be the battery..Radio, lights, eveything else work but i cant get it to start..ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Yellow
    2004 GTO

Ok I'm Gm Service Tech the key can be reused but the key fob is a one time program you will need to program it at a Gm dealer here is a few things you need to know 1 you will need the BCM code if you don't have it dont worry too much the parts dept can look it in GM Dealer World under VIS and the BCM code is there A key fob id about $ 68 and most dealer will charge 0.5 to 1.0 to program it

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by andyramsaran View Post
    Ok I'm Gm Service Tech the key can be reused but the key fob is a one time program you will need to program it at a Gm dealer here is a few things you need to know 1 you will need the BCM code if you don't have it dont worry too much the parts dept can look it in GM Dealer World under VIS and the BCM code is there A key fob id about $ 68 and most dealer will charge 0.5 to 1.0 to program it
    I took it to the GM dealer and they told me "They dont know "...Its the biggest gm dealer over here and they are telling me they cant do it..

Black
    2004 GTO

Ok went back to the GM dealer...and spent over 30 min talking to them and it turns out that they "have never worked on a GTO"..They said to take it to a pontaic dealer...so i was like ok..damn..cant believe they cant program my car..

Ok so..my understanding is this..this is the way they tried to program it..

1. turn ignition on for 10 min...horn should honk once..then off and with in 5 seconds turn back on..for another 10 min and horn honks twice...then off aggain and on for 10 min then it shoul;d honk 3 times then done..

ok ..then he said he tried with "tech 2" not sure what that is..but he said it was asking for a BCM code..and that he didnt input it cause I didnt have it..WTF..

So since this is a "one time program thing"..should i need a new key fob and then try to program it with the BCM code..????????

Yellow
    2004 GTO

The BCM code you or they cant get from the Parts go talk to the Parts Manager
    and ask him to please VIS your Vin # and look in the BCM area and he or she can get the BCM code that very important cause you will also need it for your Radio to , most of the time it on the BCM which is on the Pass/side kick panel pop it down and you will see a black box thats your BCM they will be about 5 number that your BCM code if you need to talk to my email me at andyramsaran1@yahoo.com and i will give you my phone number and i can tell you all you need to know

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by andyramsaran View Post
    The BCM code you or they cant get from the Parts go talk to the Parts Manager
    and ask him to please VIS your Vin # and look in the BCM area and he or she can get the BCM code that very important cause you will also need it for your Radio to , most of the time it on the BCM which is on the Pass/side kick panel pop it down and you will see a black box thats your BCM they will be about 5 number that your BCM code if you need to talk to my email me at andyramsaran1@yahoo.com and i will give you my phone number and i can tell you all you need to know
    hey man thanks for all the help..turned out it was also the damn starter..thanks man

Yellow
    2004 GTO

No problem Anytime you need my help you can call now that you have my number ,that why we all here to get help and help others

Silver
    2000 z28

I dont know how to start a new post or thread but I saw that ur a gm tech.... My ac is gull of freon and the compressor cycles on my z28 but blows hotter w the ac on than just the fan... Seen it on chevy trucks as the resistor by the fan... Any idea what it may be before I just start dropping cash on it???

Yellow
    2004 GTO

well if the A/C just blowing warm and i think you said that it's out off freon what the 1st thing that you should do is go down to ur local parts store and get a can of A/C dye and about two can 0f 134a add one can of 143a and then the dye it yellow if you have a black lamp you can see were its leaking from but on ur car i seen a lot of A/C condenser leaks if you have An Advance Auto Part around you Try using this stop leak in the A/C it's call EZ Chill stop leak it seems to stop small leaks very well without clogging up ur orifice tube

Silver
    2000 z28

ive got a dye kit from snap on withe the dye injector glasses and the light robin air gauges and 3 cans of freon...i put the gauges on its about 30 on the low side and about 150 on the high side

Silver
    2000 z28

also none of the ac lines under the hood are sweating theyre actually all kind of hot it seemed like but the hood was up and in the sunlight so that may have been the reason for the heat

Yellow
    2004 GTO

if you put 3 cans you put too much 134a ur car only need .68kg or 1.49lbs that about 2 can one can is about 340g which is .38kg/.79lbs and that's maybe why ur compressor not turning on i will drain it out and start over recharge only with 2 cans and that it also maybe a good idea is to remove that oriface tube and replace it now that the freon is empty cause that gets plug up also

Silver
    2000 z28

I bought three cans haven't added any at all... But I'll go ahead and let it all out pull the orifice tube and recharge it... I work on diesel trucks and they have only expansion valves on em... I know what an orifice tube is but is it on high side or low side line?

Silver
    2000 z28

The compressor does turn on though haven't watched to see if it's cycling and shutting off but if the air is hot the thermostat should make it keep running

Black
    2004 GTO

what do your pressures read when the A/c is not running

Silver
    2000 z28

About 30 and 150 running I forgot what it read not running but it wasn't too far off from that if I recall correctly

Thread Information