Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rear tire hitting fender??

This is a discussion on Rear tire hitting fender?? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I would start with the stuff you ordered and keep saving for bushings/subframe connectors, etc....

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I would start with the stuff you ordered and keep saving for bushings/subframe connectors, etc.

Nero
    2006 gto

Woohoo, springs just came in. Bright blue Lovell's HRS-61. Im about to go soap up the d-bags so I can install them before I do anything else, but I have one small question, are springs directional? I dont see any kind of markings to indicate top or bottom, which leads me to believe theyre either way, but I dont know the manufacturing process or anything really about springs. Ill probably wait till tomorrow to throw the package in since were due for some t-storms up here today. Ah, and the xmember bushings are on their way from Texas to me, should be here by Thursday according to UPS. Not looking forward to that install...

Nero
    2006 gto

Well, after about 5 hours of work, the springs and drag bags are on. I didnt route the air lines yet, so the bags arent inflated. I think there is a problem, because the springs I put in are a good inch and a half shorter than the stockers, but the ride height is up about 1.5 inches due to the sheer size of the Lovell's springs. I cut the bump stops and the bag still fits, but im not sure where to go from here with it because of the size issue. Either way, I have good space now so my tire isnt hitting the fender lip, and even on wet roads I have tons more traction. Cant wait to see what inflating the bags will do...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I believe the Lovell's use fewer coils, yet are thicker in diameter. BUT...if you are no longer having the rubbing issues, then this is good news.

Nero
    2006 gto

Yeah, the rubbing is gone, even with my big friend in the car. The Lovell's springs were definitely beefier, and they didnt taper towards the end like the stock springs. The worst part of the whole install was the driver's side shock; it just didnt want to come out of the arm. It was trying to slide the rubber off the spindle instead of just sliding the spindle out of the arm, and I ended up having to reinsert the rubber bushing into the ring on the bottom of the shock, took about an hour. Once that was all done, it was a piece of cake. One thing I would recommend is instead of disconnecting the sway bar end link from the a-arm on the bottom, go to the top and just disconnect it from there, seemed to be a lot easier. All in all Im very pleased with the results, and look forward to replacing the crossmember bushings and inflating the drag bags next weekend. Thanks for the help!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Not a problem. If you need anything else, you know where to find us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information