Thread: Rant

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Rant

I find it ironic that the GTO had a look of a Bonneville through the ages, from inconception/concept to a finished a product... At the end of the day it was a Bonnevillle with more muscle.

Progressed to fast back in the late 60's early 70's with the Judge being the last look as far muscle... Not that I'm forgetting the LeMans...

I go up to the Woodward Cruise and these ba$turds can't even acknowledge that these GTO's are the next version of the early 70's vehicle's that were fastbacks... Where is history?

I'm so glad the production run was limited by the GM and the UAW relative to this version and shipping them over here.

I bought mine because of the name, muscle, comfort and eventually it may be collectible as well... For the fact that I have an 04' I changed out the exhaust the system to have a dual exit on the right and left side (that is what a muscle car should have)

Anyway, it pisses me off these bastards can't turn head and they have no clue...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

brother I kinda agree with you,then again the new GTO has nothing in common with the old ones of the past,they are antiques,the ride ,handling,comfort,and performance is far superior to the past.I think a lot of the hype was not knowing about the car,must be the part of the country you live in..here where I live in OHIO..there are around 12-14 goats and even the lil kids give me a thumbs up.Hell i have a guy who tunes my car hes drives a 12 second 4 door honda,we street tune mine and hes made the comment more then once how people always have something nice to say about my car..don"t matter what they say the GTO is a Baaaad asss car... every one thats been for a ride wants one..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Nero
    2006 gto

Silver, they're just jealous. The GTO was basically a LeMans with a HUGE engine stuck in it, which made it the first muscle car; small lightweight body + massive engine = Muscle Car. The new GTO fits that description rather well, regardless of the difference in looks, handling, comfort...

Look at the original Corvette, then look at a new one. Not really that similar in shape, are they... cars need to evolve, and the way GM went with the new GTO, I couldnt have asked for better.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Fuck em. My 65 smelled like gas/froze my ass off in the winter and melted in the summer. Had a AM radio with one speaker. My 04 is like riding in a Mercedes and would/will blow the doors off of any GTO ever made. Called progress. Fuck a bunch of morons stuck in the 60's. The 60's sucked.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

thing is we dont know how the GTO would have looked if it evolved from 73 to 04 ...if it fallowed the Grand Am it would have looked about like it does anyway ...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Fuck em. My 65 smelled like gas/froze my ass off in the winter and melted in the summer. Had a AM radio with one speaker. My 04 is like riding in a Mercedes and would/will blow the doors off of any GTO ever made. Called progress. Fuck a bunch of morons stuck in the 60's. The 60's sucked.
    hell yea sarge im right up there with ya althought I was born in 66.they just dont compare,I have a 1970 monte with a 540 merln and a fast stand alone efi and I still love to drive the goat.love the monte but you cant compare the two,its like banging a virgin and a nimphyo one is smooth the other is buckin and bullin ..lmao...

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Yeah we get a kick out of how many ignorant people are out there at cruise nights/car shows. I hear the same shit...it's not a muscle car, it's not American, it don't look like a old style GTO, blaa,blaa,blaa.
    I ask them... what exactly should a new era GTO look like? I get the deer in the headlight look. Then I ask them if a '73 GTO looks like a '74 GTO. The responce is no of course. I then ask...well why not? Reply is... it wasn't supposed to. Well DUH!!! The '04-'06's ain't supposed to resemble anything old either.
    I hate stupid people.
    Sorry about my rant.
    04 Cosmos Purple M6, SAP Grills & Spoiler, '05 Hood, Procharger, TrickFlow 515 HP H/C Kit, SLP LT Headers/LM II, '05 Big Red Brake upgrade, Drag bags, Holden CV8R wheels, GMM Ripshifter. Tuned by New Era: 515 rwhp/471 ft.lbs. Retuned by J&J Speed: Speed Density tuned 586rwhp/ 492 ft.lbs.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

yea .. we know what their front ends look like and they know what out taillights look like ...lol

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

Tooth, well put.......When I tell people that this car has the vette engine and trans. and that it has 400hp they are shocked. And for me I tell them that I can take my kids crusing they actuall start looking at it differently. Problem was GM never marketed the car right, and it came out right when the Mustang came out. For me, I agree im glad there are low production #'s Make's the GTO stand out in the crowd of what (vettes and mustangs). Now the new Challenger's outside looks great but the interior looks like it was borrowed right from a 300c. The GTO interior is real nice, and best of all it doesn't look like every boring typical GM product.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have had a few ass monkeys make some smart ass comments until I fired the black bitch up and that 408 Stroked iron block started shaking the ground around them...they shut the fuck up pretty quick

Nothing special
    Nothing special

I usually just ask them to race for pink slips. Generally shuts them up.

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

Dam I love watching there mouths drop. I love this thing!!!!!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

this is funny i was at a car show had a guy with a old challenger and one of them new orange ones next to me and my freinds 06 gtos,we got to talking,he was ,so i asked him can you say hemi slow it was on this guy turned about three diffrent shades of red,i know he wanted to hit me,then he asked me what the GTO did i said 10s his mouth dropped and before he could say anything i wipped out my wallet and showed him my slips,told him some of the real facts..needsless to say he was flabergasted.I was

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah I have multiple 10 sec runs time slips in the glove box

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

Nice ETs but to go that fast you invested lots. I have quadruplets I am just that my wife did not give me a hard time with buying the GTO. I will just leave it stock, and run low 13's and be happy.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by JIMTINT View Post
    Nice ETs but to go that fast you invested lots. I have quadruplets I am just that my wife did not give me a hard time with buying the GTO. I will just leave it stock, and run low 13's and be happy.
    that depends on what you gave for your car,I puchased mine for a deal GMAC least had 980 miles on it,stole the AFR heads for $1100.and built my own turbo setup and my freind and I tuned it. I still have less then new sticker price,nothin wrong with running 13s nothin at all my freind.

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

Thanks .... Must be great to have the ability to tackle a job like that. Me on the other hand not that good. Tinting windows is more my thing.

Thread Information