11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Radius Rod Bushing Upgrade

Okay. First off, if your 04-06 Goat has an annoying "clunk" while going over bumps, then this thread is for you. About a month ago, my GTO developed a "clunk" while going over bumps and I was going nuts trying to pinpoint the noise. I knew the noise was on the driver side as the noise was more audible from the driver seat. I knew I had to change the oil, so I would just inspect the front end while my car was on the lift at work. I discovered my driver side stabilizer link was worn out and was rattling. Ordered a replacement from RockAuto and installed it the day after it got delivered to my house.

Noise went away...for a few days.

I knew it wasn't the strut mounts as there was no binding while steering, however I had noticed when I came to a full stop at a stop sign/light my car would "push" backward with my foot on the brake pedal which had me thinking bushings. When I got home from work one night, I looked under the front end of my car under the radiator. Found my front radius rods had split. No good.

I remembered Whiteline Performance from my days on GTO-based forums and searched on eBay. Found an auction for an adjustible kit for $170/free shipping and purchased it last week. Came in Monday and installed them yesterday.

My coworker and I went to town and in 15 minutes, they were in. I went with the standard setup according to the instructions so the caster was the same as factory and I didn't have to align the car as I had aligned it a few months ago. I might check the alignment in a few weeks.

End result/YAHTZEE!!!

Front end feels tighter than when I bought the car almost five years ago. No more clunks or creaks. I am quite pleased. If you purchase this kit or any poly bushing kit, be sure to follow the instructions and use the supplied grease. I know it's only been a few hours, but I'm happy. Car seems to take bumps softer as well...or maybe it's just me.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

I did the peddders set up and after the install a pedders dealer did an alingment and the washers that come with the kit had to be changed around don't want you to mess up those tires.
    ingalls torque dampner, bmr drag bags, bmr sfc, harrop diff cover, pedders bushings, lingenfelter cia, kooks signature coated headers, kooks catted mids, kooks street screamer 3'' cat back, billit catch can, magna charger super charger, tuned byReckart in Austin,tx 535wrhp and 525rwt, at 7 psi.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I'll probably align the car tomorrow if it's dead.
    Last edited by cammed goat; 02-07-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Thread Information