Thread: Radiator size

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Radiator size

im curious if anyone know size and volume of the stock radiator on the 04 goat. i need to find one that has smaller dimensions but THICKER, ie, shorter and not as long. thicker is ok, but it needs to fit farther forward then the AC condensor.

i have no problems cutting up my car. just need to get the radiator as far forward as possible.

also, about transmission cooler sizing. any thoughts on this as well? obviously the bigger the better, i would think

yellow
    2004 gto

Quote Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
    im curious if anyone know size and volume of the stock radiator on the 04 goat. i need to find one that has smaller dimensions but THICKER, ie, shorter and not as long. thicker is ok, but it needs to fit farther forward then the AC condensor.

i have no problems cutting up my car. just need to get the radiator as far forward as possible.

also, about transmission cooler sizing. any thoughts on this as well? obviously the bigger the better, i would think
    can you tell us why? also summit is a great place to figure out what rad will fit. do some foot work.. you'll figure out what works for you.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

ok, regardless of what "will fit" is not the main concern here. is it is simple as finding one that is the same volume or does it being thincker make it loose something?

also, the reason being is that the plan is to move the radatior forward enough to run a crossover pipe in the front for a single front mount turbo, on and lq4 with arp rod bolts and 918 springs, running around 10 psi on gas and 13-14 with meth. lol. thats why. lol 8)

i have asked this same question on ls1tech, and they said yes it is that simple. just looking for a few more opinions before i jump on a 300 dollar griffen radiator.

Thread Information