Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Procharger

This is a discussion on Procharger within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Tide, It's a 1gn312-sci made by procharger, kit, same type as your vortech just different brand, and yea been messing ...

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Tide, It's a 1gn312-sci made by procharger, kit, same type as your vortech just different brand, and yea been messing with cars, trucks for 40 years, just my first computer, vortech type set up, did mostly old school SC and such. I've read the instructions and it's pretty simple, will order it in a couple of weeks. Thanks much, Jack

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Looked at the forced induction sticky and looks like Bob with Exotic is the man so I called him and have not heard back, I guess the thing I need most is the difference between the LT-1 and the LS-2 as far as how it will hold up and what changes I need to make. I know qwkgto is using twin turbos on his stock long block and has had no problems with the motor but have had to up grade other parts. I am not making a race car just looking for power on tap if I want it and am not going to do 4000 RPM launches. Thanks, Jack
    Yes but if you want more power in any form one must upgrade the fuel system,I just finished a 05 TT car completely stock except my turbo kit and fuel upgrades ,TUNE is the key to long life and with this combo the drivability is awesome this car came to me never touched,was getting 15 mpg now car has around 650rwh and gets 24+MPG and you would not know it was anything but a stock ls2 ubtil you mash the pedal,downfalls stock clutch is hating it

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

qwkgto, I saw the car you did, very nice and bad to the bone HP, should I do the in tank up grade or an external add on pump to the fuel system? I know the clutch is bitching, and again looks great!

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Tide did you upgrade your fuel system? thanks'

Silver
    2004 GTO A4

Red face

Hey I just got procharger tuner kit 7psi and 60Ib fuel injectors do I need anything else like a fuel pump or new thermistate? I also heard that the stock pistons were only good up to 500rwhp is that true?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

qwkgto, I saw the car you did, very nice and bad to the bone HP, should I do the in tank up grade or an external add on pump to the fuel system? I know the clutch is bitching, and again looks great!
    On most cars the twin intake upgrade is a great option,only in real high HP would you need an external pump,both are returned systems,I have a setup from nastys for sale.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by QUES View Post
    Hey I just got procharger tuner kit 7psi and 60Ib fuel injectors do I need anything else like a fuel pump or new thermistate? I also heard that the stock pistons were only good up to 500rwhp is that true?
    stock pistons are fine just get it tuned,hell ive pushed mine well over 800hp,the TUNE..90% of the battle...thermostate is a good option to help keep the water /block temps down and reset the fans, boosted cars get hot while under boost really fast.you will need to upgrade the fuel pump system,the limiting factors in making power is gettting air and fuel into that air box we call a motor,anyone ever look at the fuel lines,3/8 lines are only good for around 500 maybe 550 hp.returnless systems are great in stock forms,add power better upgrade fuel system otherwise dont waste your money buying parts and expect the car to perform.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Tide did you upgrade your fuel system? thanks'
    Yes.

Can't stress it enough.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks' guys, I appreciate your input good to have people like you all on the board!

Silver
    2004 GTO A4

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    stock pistons are fine just get it tuned,hell ive pushed mine well over 800hp,the TUNE..90% of the battle...thermostate is a good option to help keep the water /block temps down and reset the fans, boosted cars get hot while under boost really fast.you will need to upgrade the fuel pump system,the limiting factors in making power is gettting air and fuel into that air box we call a motor,anyone ever look at the fuel lines,3/8 lines are only good for around 500 maybe 550 hp.returnless systems are great in stock forms,add power better upgrade fuel system otherwise dont waste your money buying parts and expect the car to perform.
    That sounds good what thermostate would you buy? Oh as far as feul pump I dont plan on running more then 500hp right now do i still need to change it or do when I upgrade the cam ?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by QUES View Post
    That sounds good what thermostate would you buy? Oh as far as feul pump I dont plan on running more then 500hp right now do i still need to change it or do when I upgrade the cam ?
    I would think you would be safe with 7psi you will need at least a boost a pump,but those things to me are just a bandaid.I have not done a 04 with stock cam,but I will say with my ls2 ive been 134mph with stock cam and 13psi,will a cam help thats made for boost some im sure but if you like me $ counts and is tight, put it where it most counts.
    the thermostate is a 160 then you can change the settings on the fans,or have tuner do it.

Silver
    2004 GTO A4

Hey I just had a procharger put in my car and my ac wont blow cold. I jumped it at the relay and it comes right on. Do you think the computer does not see the after market fan? What do you think the problem my be why my compressor wont kick on ?

Silver
    2004 GTO A4

My GTO runs good it dyno came out at 438 rwhp and 418 rwtq it max at 457 rwhp on the stock fuel pump. It was maxed out they forgot to put on the booster like i asked. Do you think a booster would give me more then 457 rwhp ?

Silver
    2004 GTO A4

Hey I just had a procharger put in my car and my ac wont blow cold. I jumped it at the relay and it comes right on. Do you think the computer does not see the after market fan? What do you think the problem my be why my compressor wont kick on ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information