Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procharger

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Procharger

I am looking at a 1GN312-SCI procharger complete kit, I will install it myself. Anyone looked at this or has one? 6 to 7 psi air to air intercooler good for about 500 RWH. Thanks Also looked at a Maggie what do you all think?
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 05-28-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Looked at the forced induction sticky and looks like Bob with Exotic is the man so I called him and have not heard back, I guess the thing I need most is the difference between the LT-1 and the LS-2 as far as how it will hold up and what changes I need to make. I know qwkgto is using twin turbos on his stock long block and has had no problems with the motor but have had to up grade other parts. I am not making a race car just looking for power on tap if I want it and am not going to do 4000 RPM launches. Thanks, Jack

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I dunno. MagnaCharger is an awfully good unit for the Goats.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Especially the 2300 TVS

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks men, I read the install for the maggie and am waiting for the install on the PC, should be here early next week. Really like the pro charger but the maggie replaces the plastic intake, just trying to pick the best one, sorry but I am very picky about the parts I chose, guess I have build to many engines, my kids used to tease me because they thought I would build in an operating room, really thank you all for responding. Jack

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

procharger = good power curve more like a stock driving car with alot more power.
    maggie= lot-o-torque right now. kind of falls up top. but not sure about the new tvs units. you choose.

both very great systems and very reliable. when i go back to forced induction i will be going with a procharger for sure! im selling all my tubro shit so i say you cant go wrong with what ever you choose!

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks' man, I am leaning toward the PC but going to check out the TVS GTO1 suggested and Sarge's opinion speaks for itself, these guys plus a lot of others carry a lot of weight, just look at the ET list. Thanks

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Can anyone help me figure the best route to go, I have read all the instructions on both units and can see some weak points to both systems, this is going to be a DD, sure would like Bob with EP to comment on the PC, don't want to be in BFE when something in the system wants to fail. PC don,t like the belt system and it is high maintance on the compresser, Maggie water pump for the air to liguid exchanger could cause a problem. Don't want to load my trunk [all 11 CF] full of tools and parts when I go cross country. Thanks' guys just not sure and need someone who has experience with either unit and the reliable factor.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Hey guys Thanks for your help, just got to talk to Bob with EP Very nice man and anwsered all my questions, is he one of our sponsers?

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

Procharger FTW!

I have a stock 2002 Z28 running 8 psi making 460 HP no issues and its a DD the trans on the on the other hand is well A4

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Hey devil, thanks man due to the CR I can run 7, but you are saying the m-6 is a problem, correct and why? Again, Thanks

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

Nah the A4 wont like the extra power M6 should be fine just make sure those wheels dont bite if your running the stock 10 bolt cause it will belights out

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks brother that makes me feel beter, but the GTO has an IRS. I don't intend to beat the hell out of it just want it on tap and not going to be slam shifting, really thank you for the info. Jack

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Your suspension and half shafts will be fine, though I do admit that my ass starts taking bites out the seat when the wheels start hopping. I'm at abt 530 RWHP on mine with no real issues. Sarge is running more than that with his 408.

The tranny and diff on the other hand? Should be ok. I did a rebuild on my tranny and diff this winter and put a new clutch/pp/tob/flywheel, and everything is good to go. I had a broken synchro or two, a couple of chips on 2nd and 3rd, and my diff looked to be in some seriously bad shape. But I had 350+ passes at the drag strip, most of them on DRs, so take that as you will.

I *do* recommend going ahead and getting the Harrop dif cover.
    Last edited by Tide; 06-04-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Hey Tide, Thanks that is good to know, I will be around 490RWHP and I,m not near any strips so I won't making passes at the strip, 350 wow they hold up better than I thought. I'm going with a mild tune and your info helps alot and makes things a lot easer on the head because I had no idea the Goat would hold up that well. Mine had bad wheel hop and between drag bags and the stiffy I have no more, so will still need the Harrop cover? And yea I felt the same way when my wheels were hopping, like OK what is going to pop! Thanks for the info

Nothing special
    Nothing special

The tune is everything, really. The engine itself responds very well to FI. But like anything FI'd, your number one enemy (in my opinion) is getting into a lean condition. That's when things go bad, and go bad in a hurry.

The Harrop cover, if memory serves, is around 400 bucks. It's a relatively 'cheap' mod, all things considered. I'd get it just to get it, to be honest.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

I want a goat

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Tide, Thanks, yes I agree, have a boost guage and a wide band with an a/f ratio setup comming also, damn sure don't want to run lean---bad news, if you have any more to add please do so I thank you for the help into my first boost trip. Jack

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

R1, you will get one someday and you will love it!!!!

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Tide, Thanks, yes I agree, have a boost guage and a wide band with an a/f ratio setup comming also, damn sure don't want to run lean---bad news, if you have any more to add please do so I thank you for the help into my first boost trip. Jack
    At this point, I can't think of any other advice. You seem to have all really well covered. It seems more a daunting task than it really is. But these days, man, the kits are so complete and the instructions are so well done it's not such a bad thing. I mean, if you have a decent amount of mechanical skill, you and a buddy can do it in no time.

Are you going with a centri or twin screw / roots?

Thread Information