Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Problem with the Diablo

This is a discussion on Problem with the Diablo within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Has anyone had this problem with the Diablo tuner. Everytime I plug it in, it power up and everything but ...

  1. #1
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Problem with the Diablo

    Has anyone had this problem with the Diablo tuner.
    Everytime I plug it in, it power up and everything but when i try to tune, or go to the diog. choice it say that its not communicating. I do have the ignition on for sure but it keeps telling me to turn it on..any info would be nice..

  2. #2
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Check the accessory / cigarette lighter fuse. It also supply's power to the OBD port.

  3. #3
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Make sure your battery is fully charged!

  4. #4
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    Check the accessory / cigarette lighter fuse. It also supply's power to the OBD port.
    what do you mean check it!!like check if it works

  5. #5
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Make sure your battery is fully charged!
    well i turn on my car also and it tells me the same thing..Should i still check the battery??

  6. #6
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    what do you mean check it!!like check if it works
    Does the lighter work ? If the fuse is blown, the programmer won't work either. The same power goes to the plug where the programmer plugs into the car. ( OBD port )

  7. #7
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    Does the lighter work ? If the fuse is blown, the programmer won't work either. The same power goes to the plug where the programmer plugs into the car. ( OBD port )
    well the tuner powers on, but ill still check it

  8. #8
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Sounds like wrong tuner, I had that problem and it wiped out my puter!

  9. #9
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    That's a Bummer... I'm still betting on the blown fuse. ( hope I'm right )
    I use to have a hypertech handheld, & it did the same thing to me. It was the fuse blown... It would also power up, but would not communicate.

  10. #10
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I can't remember where the cig fuse is though, either the left of dash or under the hood...

  11. #11
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Sounds like wrong tuner, I had that problem and it wiped out my puter!
    Well I had tuned my car with this same tuner already..all of a sudden it just stopped working or communicating so im going to check the fuse and hope that would be it!!

  12. #12
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    That's a Bummer... I'm still betting on the blown fuse. ( hope I'm right )
    I use to have a hypertech handheld, & it did the same thing to me. It was the fuse blown... It would also power up, but would not communicate.
    checking it right NOW!! hope thats it!!

  13. #13
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    Does the lighter work ? If the fuse is blown, the programmer won't work either. The same power goes to the plug where the programmer plugs into the car. ( OBD port )
    ay my cig. lighter dont work...YES...IT probly is just the fuse...oh man i should go buy the fuse right now!!.......Ill wait till 2-marrow its 10:30 already..well thanks man...I hope it works when i get the fuse..ill make an update a soon as i get that fuse!!thanks again man..hopefully thats all

  14. #14
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    ay my cig. lighter dont work...YES...IT probly is just the fuse...oh man i should go buy the fuse right now!!.......Ill wait till 2-marrow its 10:30 already..well thanks man...I hope it works when i get the fuse..ill make an update a soon as i get that fuse!!thanks again man..hopefully thats all

  15. #15
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    DAMN!!!the fuses checked out..anything else i can check that might cause the problem

  16. #16
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Don't know... Maybe check the OBD II for power. It will be pin 16, that is on the bottom right for 12v. And, the ground for it. Pin 5, ...
    Heres a helpful link on it.

    http://www.auterraweb.com/obdiipinout.html

  17. #17
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I will check back later, Gotta go to work... Bummer...

  18. #18
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Im thinking it is the tuner, because i tried it on a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix and it tell me the same thing..It doesnt even let me check the trouble codes on the car!!

  19. #19
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Diablo should have an 800- number for you to call. Maybe try the BIG HAMMER ?
    I don't know where you bought yours from, but never say a buddy or ebay...
    Summit, jegs, or a local speed shop will do !!! Good Luck, Bill

  20. #20
    Member pmolina0436's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    528

    Black
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    Diablo should have an 800- number for you to call. Maybe try the BIG HAMMER ?
    I don't know where you bought yours from, but never say a buddy or ebay...
    Summit, jegs, or a local speed shop will do !!! Good Luck, Bill
    yea ill give them a call asap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. diablo III
    By Spaz in forum Computers / Gaming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 02:19 PM
  2. Diablo 2
    By JHayesLS1 in forum Computers / Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 01:17 PM
  3. diablo
    By the_formula in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 05:16 PM
  4. on the diablo
    By ledesma54 in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
  5. Diablo and STS
    By y2konyxss in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 07:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •