Red
    04 GTO

Ported throttle body

Hey guys and girls iam getting a ported throttle body in, i have Pacesetters LT Heads with no cats and a pair of 1 chambers, a CAI (i took my fog light out and ran a large heater hose to it and covered it with a really small screen nothing is getting in), a slp mass air flow, 160 thermi, the throttle body bypass trick, and a tune. Okay will i see any gain with adding this.
    Thanks

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

if your question is will you benefit from adding a ported throttle with your current mods then i would say yes..........and why did you run a heater hose to where your fog lights go? you doing some kind of home made "ram" air?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    Hey guys and girls iam getting a ported throttle body in, i have Pacesetters LT Heads with no cats and a pair of 1 chambers, a CAI (i took my fog light out and ran a large heater hose to it and covered it with a really small screen nothing is getting in), a slp mass air flow, 160 thermi, the throttle body bypass trick, and a tune. Okay will i see any gain with adding this.
    Thanks
    I used 4" pvc for my cai from the throttle body to maf used a 90° elbow, then ran the pipe down through the sheet metal infront of the wheel well down to the filter (filter sits right where left driving light was) painted everything and it looks and works great and got all the parts at home depot for under $50!

hugger orange

you won't see much of a gain with the p&p tb, but hey I did it and any extra power gain is agood thing you can expect a couple of horses

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

If your going for max bolt on power don't go with 1 Chamber Flowmasters.
    I like the sound of them myself but I can tell you first hand they are NOT anywhere near the best flowers. I have put a few of them on the flow bench at the shop and they don't flow well at all. The ported T/B will gain you a couple hp which by no means you can feel. The headers will give you a 10-20 hp gain depending on how good it gets tuned after the install. I'm not a big fan of the 160 thermostat change. If you do a couple different worded searches with the search feature in the tool bar you'll find a few different threads where we went over that in vast detail. The SLP mass air flow......... Hit or miss I have seen those go both ways.
    The tune is the most crucial. How is that going to be done........?
    A hand held or are you taking it to some one to tune it with HP or LS1Edit.......? I highly recommend having someone do a street tune on the car cause dyno numbers don't mean squat unless you have a all out race car.
    That peak number is there for a second drivability is there ALL the time.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Manuel, I think you need to sell that goat and get a real car..Like a vette, camaro or t.a. LOL!!!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tims02 View Post
    Manuel, I think you need to sell that goat and get a real car..Like a vette, camaro or t.a. LOL!!!
    shutup tim ya big jerk!! lol =) ehhh when i look at it...i still have a ls1 that goes 13.1x w just i/e n tune...aaaand have a comfortable back seat / existing back seat at all, lol
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Red
    04 GTO

Hey tim can talk all he wants but ask him what happened to him at the track when he went up against the goat. Then the next day he was out looking for a used gto and don't lie tim.

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Boys...When will you understand! You beat me by less than a foot and I am completely bone stock to where ya'll have cold air intakes, headers, tunes and everything else. Just wait and see boys!! LOL!!! It's all in good fun and that why we love these threads

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by tims02 View Post
    Boys...When will you understand! You beat me by less than a foot and I am completely bone stock to where ya'll have cold air intakes, headers, tunes and everything else. Just wait and see boys!! LOL!!! It's all in good fun and that why we love these threads
    A loss is a loss whether it's a fender or 3 cars. I would have been made too!!

Red
    04 GTO

Its okay tim, but we all know your going to lose again tomorrow if we go lol. So don't hate me because i need your tools tomorrow . Its all in good fun iam not the other person and tim you know who iam talking about lol.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    A loss is a loss whether it's a fender or 3 cars. I would have been made too!!
    it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile. winning's winning! sorry i couldnt resist the f&f line

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

You're 100 percent correct boys!! It's just sad that with all the mods you have to do just to keep up with a stock vette. LOL

Thread Information