Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Question Polishing LS1 Throttle Body

I am polishing my stock throttle body this weekend (just tryin' to pertty up under the hood). I was wondering if I will have to replace the mounting gasket? Anyone who has actually done this, polishing throttle body, I would really appreciate your input. Thanks!!!

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Thottle body gasket it more of a o ring style seal that is attacted to the intake manifold. ive had mine off many times and no seal issues.

New Windsor eh? ever run around westminster?

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SStriker View Post
    Thottle body gasket it more of a o ring style seal that is attacted to the intake manifold. ive had mine off many times and no seal issues.

New Windsor eh? ever run around westminster?
    You know it! I usually run around Frederick because I work out there and know peeps out that way. I actually finished the polishing and now I just need to seal it with paste wax and then put it back on and I'll be ready to rock!! I'm hoping that my Diablo Predator programmer is waiting for me when I get home so I can put the throttle body back on and start the tuning processs. Oh by the way I've also run around Sykesville before. Really ain't to far from where I live.

Black
    2000 TA

I used to run around westminster untill I moved to Harrisburg.

black, and black
    04 M6

throttle body

just how big is the stck gto throttle body 78mm, 80mm, 85mm, 90mm???

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7literMustangEater View Post
    You know it! I usually run around Frederick because I work out there and know peeps out that way. I actually finished the polishing and now I just need to seal it with paste wax and then put it back on and I'll be ready to rock!! I'm hoping that my Diablo Predator programmer is waiting for me when I get home so I can put the throttle body back on and start the tuning processs. Oh by the way I've also run around Sykesville before. Really ain't to far from where I live.
    Yeah i live down 32 right before gamber and went to westmisnter high school (class of 07). A few of my buddies live right off of 140 down on 31. My predator is coming this week aswell i hope

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Cool The Predator

Quote Originally Posted by SStriker View Post
    Yeah i live down 32 right before gamber and went to westmisnter high school (class of 07). A few of my buddies live right off of 140 down on 31. My predator is coming this week aswell i hope
    My predator should be here today. Feels like I've been waiting forever for it. Put on the newly polished throttle body last night and it is lookin' nice!!!!!

I actually live right off of Rt. 31. You're a youngin', class of 07. Makin' me feel like a GEEZER (class of 1998). OHHHH I think my arthritis is actin' up LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to let you know, Blue Oyster Cult is performing at baker park on the 4th at 5:15pm. Don't Fear The Reaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be a lot of nice rides cruisin' Frederick along with some car shows throughout the area. Talk to ya later SStricker!!!!!

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Exclamation Stock Throttle Size on ls1

Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    just how big is the stck gto throttle body 78mm, 80mm, 85mm, 90mm???
    Stock throttle body is actuall 75mm. A pretty average throttle, but with the ls6 intake it is all you really need until more horsepower is being created. I'm going with a 80-85mm throttle body (polished of course) when the major horsepower building mods come.

black, and black
    04 M6

tb

well the gto has the ls6 stock, im just looking to get every avaliable horse power i cna from bolt ons want to stay NA and no N20 so i may get a summit tb they have some good prices

WHITE

Intake Mods

HEYO

My LS1 throttle body bypass mod worked well intake temps are obviously down to the point of being able to touch the unit wile at operating temps.

Wile I had the throttle body off I machined both lips & the throttle-stop back to alow 100% opening and fully polished out all internals + external cast.

I also removed the airflow meter pre-mesh to allow better flow.

The result of these cheep easy small mods was noticeable to say the least! With my other mods appearing to spring more into life.

With your LS6 intake im sure the manifolds we know are ok. But the fly by wire throttle I know nothing about moding!

A CAIntake, tune, tubes & exhaust should give good power rewards for your LS6.

M@T

Thread Information