Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please dont hate me,but

This is a discussion on Please dont hate me,but within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; mark1si. did you follow a write up on how to put them on, or are you pretty mechanically inclined?? and ...

mark1si. did you follow a write up on how to put them on, or are you pretty mechanically inclined??

and i missed out on camerofans stainless works headers so now i have to ask if these are shitty headers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-L...Q5fAccessories

IBM
    04 GTO

I'll tell you this ask 1986camarojoe about those headers he bought them for his 99 z they are sweet well made and the welds look damn good if they were out when I was ready to buy mine LT's I'd have a pair for damn sure.

Barbados Blue
    GTO 04 A4

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ok buddy.....before you give advice know what your talking about, long tubes has nothing to do with if you have cats or not, thats your y-pipe.....second, to install shorties is the same as installing long tubes, my kooks LT's went in no problems, 3rd, minimal gains? with LT's/exhaust and a tune you can pick up more than 35 RWHP.........
    Sorry but LT's didnt give you 35rwhp gains all on there own. Yes LT's are the best power gains to be had I dont contest that but if all things are equal and hes not going FI then the diffrence between LT's and shorties are small. Also shorties are easyer to install than LT's not saying anyone cant do the job just that its an easyer job. you are right he can have cats with LT's I was misleading but O2 extensions will be needed to put cats on LT's and to be honest I dont hear of many doing it. But its ok I expected to get flamed by the gods of LT's....flame suit on
    Last edited by mulebiscuit; 01-10-2010 at 03:08 AM. Reason: wording

Torrid Red
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by laviente View Post
    mark1si. did you follow a write up on how to put them on, or are you pretty mechanically inclined??

and i missed out on camerofans stainless works headers so now i have to ask if these are shitty headers

I read different site write-ups. Everyone does it different. Once you start taking things off you see what needs to come off next. The only real trouble was getting the mids to seal to the OE catback.

IBM
    04 GTO

I just gave the guy that installed mine the write up that came with the headers I'm sure every company have their own way to do it but I'm sure they all work

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by mulebiscuit View Post
    Sorry but LT's didnt give you 35rwhp gains all on there own. Yes LT's are the best power gains to be had I dont contest that but if all things are equal and hes not going FI then the diffrence between LT's and shorties are small. Also shorties are easyer to install than LT's not saying anyone cant do the job just that its an easyer job. you are right he can have cats with LT's I was misleading but O2 extensions will be needed to put cats on LT's and to be honest I dont hear of many doing it. But its ok I expected to get flamed by the gods of LT's....flame suit on
    I believe they have vids out their gaining 15 to 20 just off of long tubes, with true dual or x pipe, is good for another 15 to 20. So there for will be around 35 to 40 horses, I believe he was talking about a full exhaust anyhow, oh and their is a big difference between shorty and long tubes. Not trying to call you out or be a pain in the a**.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ok buddy.....before you give advice know what your talking about, long tubes has nothing to do with if you have cats or not, thats your y-pipe.....second, to install shorties is the same as installing long tubes, my kooks LT's went in no problems, 3rd, minimal gains? with LT's/exhaust and a tune you can pick up more than 35 RWHP.........
    Quote Originally Posted by mulebiscuit View Post
    u fail my friend.......i clearly said with lt's exhaust and tune.......good try tho and no shorties will take the same amount of time to install as long tubes.....same work is required.... u fail again

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Quote Originally Posted by laviente View Post

as to the question about those header, i would also like to know, seems pretty cheap for a set of stainless longtubes with mid-pipes. im not interested in them to buy. but that does seem like a better buy then the pacesetters.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
    as to the question about those header, i would also like to know, seems pretty cheap for a set of stainless longtubes with mid-pipes. im not interested in them to buy. but that does seem like a better buy then the pacesetters.

i dont think ebay headers fit well buut here:
    The Complete (Hopefully) Header Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information