Quick
    2005 GTO

A picture for the people and MP3 question

Here is a picture of my goat before she went away in a small garage for the winter. The factory wheels have been stripped here, I am hoping to powder coat them soon. I use them like dummy tire/wheels since the garage is not heated and the AD07 I heard do not like the cycling to be so dramatic.. soo who knows of a holden radio that has MP3 capability that can fit in place (factory look) of the standard American spec GTO? Would like to listen to my music BUT like the stock factory look.

Quick
    2005 GTO

Sorry picture difficulties...tired try soonish...sorry...she is just a mutt anyways
    BMR StressBar/Koni/Eibach,Hotchkis anti-sway bars, Full polys.energy, 18''w/Advan AD07's.BMRskid. K&NFIPK,B&Mshorty.

Quick
    2005 GTO

does this work for a none web upload???

Nero
    2006 gto

Ive searched for an MP3 deck for a while, found a few aftermarket ones that retain the green look, but if you want to play MP3s through your stock deck, the best thing I can imagine would be to get a line-in and plug an iPod into it. I saw a guy on another forum that did the conversion for like $50, but I lost the page and havent been able to find it again. Shouldnt be too hard to locate though.
    Edit: Found a site with detailed instructions. I have NOT done this and wouldnt recommend anyone without electrical skills to try it.
    http://www.thelug.com/radio/gtoradio.html
    Last edited by PatrizioD; 03-04-2009 at 09:01 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you'll have to sign up to photobucket and upload your pic there and then link it to here.

PBM
    2005 GTO

I did the line-in mod and it works great. I ran the jack to the console so it's all hidden. I'm really waiting on this though: http://udc.aus.googlepages.com/holden I have no idea how much it'll cost but being able to use the steering wheel/radio controls will be very nice.

Quick
    2005 GTO

Thanks Orion man much appreciation, rookie to this posting thing need a new memory card to be able to transfer, but this photobucket or somesite like it is on my agend

Quick
    2005 GTO

Thanks Patriziod nice goat, black w/black taillights likey, likey. That was a good date to take the picture on your page the sun is high that time of year Be my friend I have no friends . I have heard that Holden has a headunit that has audio/vidio and the ability to show mps file titles and fits like a oem. Just trying to get more info on it. If you want I can keep u posted? Thanks for the link and reply.

Quick
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyspanker View Post
    I did the line-in mod and it works great. I ran the jack to the console so it's all hidden. I'm really waiting on this though: http://udc.aus.googlepages.com/holden I have no idea how much it'll cost but being able to use the steering wheel/radio controls will be very nice.
    Hey ponyspanker Thanks for the link that is huge, never saw this many display pictures and wanted to. Must be nice to live in texas, this time of year! My GTO has been in the garage for the winter. Great post, thanks.

PBM
    2005 GTO

Man, I don't know what I'd do if I had to put mine up for a few months every year. Gotta love not having a winter Summers kinda suck though...

PBM
    2005 GTO

Update:

Looks like Vlad is getting ready to release the interface. Install looks a bit daunting though...

http://udc.aus.googlepages.com/ipodi...odorevyvz-sixc

Thread Information