Ordered some bushings finally

This is a discussion on Ordered some bushings finally within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well almost a year since I got the goat I'm finnally get to it. Order all Pedders, tire rub package(radius ...

Black
    2005 GTO

Ordered some bushings finally

Well almost a year since I got the goat I'm finnally get to it. Order all Pedders, tire rub package(radius rods, strut bearings, strut mounts, bump stops) front and rear sway bar bushing and endlinks. This is just the start of it eventually will go with new springs and struts/shocks. Sorry lame post but I can't wait to get these things on and get this pig handling better.

Nero
    2006 gto

Your tires will thank you for the ability to actually hold an alignment, believe me. Shitty ass roads here in RI knocked me out of alignment once a week till I put Pedder's on. Now she's golden, and I can feel the difference steering around the 2 foot deep potholes.
    Anyone without a gun and a knife and a handkerchief and a chapstick get the F%$# out of here!

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Your tires will thank you for the ability to actually hold an alignment, believe me. Shitty ass roads here in RI knocked me out of alignment once a week till I put Pedder's on. Now she's golden, and I can feel the difference steering around the 2 foot deep potholes.
    The tires on the car have less than 5k and all 4 are all worn badly on the inside, lucky if I can get 10k out of them at this rate.

Nero
    2006 gto

Do yourself a favor and order 235/40's for the front when you replace the tires. Very small amount of contact patch lost, but its worth it to have the extra clearance between tires/struts in front. If you hear a quick slapping sound that speeds up as the car accelerates, for God's sake pull over and make sure its not the inside edge of your tire.

That was my tire before Pedderizing. It was driven on like that at 70mph for 5 miles before I could pull over and check, still holding air. ((Shudders))

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Do yourself a favor and order 235/40's for the front when you replace the tires. Very small amount of contact patch lost, but its worth it to have the extra clearance between tires/struts in front. If you hear a quick slapping sound that speeds up as the car accelerates, for God's sake pull over and make sure its not the inside edge of your tire.
    Click for full size

That was my tire before Pedderizing. It was driven on like that at 70mph for 5 miles before I could pull over and check, still holding air. ((Shudders))

I have an aftermarket set of rims(can't remember the offset off the top of my head) on the car now and have alot more space between the strut and the tire than i did with the stock wheels tires. I think my tire wear is just from crappy parts and the need for an alignment. Hopefully once I get everything on and an alignment tire wear should be back to normal.

Black
    2005 GTO

Well I finally got all the parts in last week. Yeah 2 months later, I will not be ordering from that site again, that a whole other story. Overall I'm very happy car fells much tighter, brakes are crisp there is no more of that swaying front to back after a hard braking. Only bushings I did not do is the rear radius rods because I did not have the right size socket so they will have to wait. Up next is springs, strut/shocks more than likely pedders as well.

Off topic
    Does anyone else have trouble getting there rotors off? I already did new brakes on the car less than 5k ago and I still had to bash the front rotors off the hub. Is that normal on this car? I would't think the rotor to hub would have to be that tight as the wheel/lugs keep the rotor in place. My 01 z28 they would slide on and off no problem even with 60k they came off with a slight tap of a mallet.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Mine weren't that hard to remove. I did have to tap them with a rubber mallet. When I reinstalled my cut front rotors, I used anti-seize on the hubs after I cleaned them with a wire brush. But my front rotors are aftermarket.

IBM
    04 GTO

screw the end link bushings not worth it go ahead and get yourself the HD no bushing end links well worth the $67 each

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Mine weren't that hard to remove. I did have to tap them with a rubber mallet. When I reinstalled my cut front rotors, I used anti-seize on the hubs after I cleaned them with a wire brush. But my front rotors are aftermarket.
    Idk I think mine are stuck on there again. I torqued the wheels back down after the install normal star pattern in 3 stages. Drove to my gf's and back, on the way back my lugs were loose had to re-torque them. I could pretty much fee/hearl them squeezing on to the hub. Its almost like the hub is just a hair to big. Next time I take the rotors off I might try sanding/grind them down some to see if it helps. Its ridiculous I was trying nicely to get them off but eventually got pissed and got the 10lb sledge out and had to bash the crap out of them to get them off.

Quote Originally Posted by derbs View Post
    screw the end link bushings not worth it go ahead and get yourself the HD no bushing end links well worth the $67 each
    Yeah a little late now. How are the HD endlinks for a DD? Any harsher or more road noise?

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

[QUOTE=JonB;2289218]Idk I think mine are stuck on there again. I torqued the wheels back down after the install normal star pattern in 3 stages. Drove to my gf's and back, on the way back my lugs were loose had to re-torque them. I could pretty much fee/hearl them squeezing on to the hub. Its almost like the hub is just a hair to big. Next time I take the rotors off I might try sanding/grind them down some to see if it helps. Its ridiculous I was trying nicely to get them off but eventually got pissed and got the 10lb sledge out and had to bash the crap out of them to get them off. [QUOTE]

Next time yo have the rotors off, try sandpaper or a round file to "clean out" the center bore of the rotors so they will be easier to remove. Or you could do the same with new rotors when you install them. I have a feeling this is the reason why the Grand Cherokees have that rubber grommet on the hubs...to prevent sediment buildup between the hub/rotor.

Yellow
    2005 GTO M6 - One of 498

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Well I finally got all the parts in last week. Yeah 2 months later, I will not be ordering from that site again, that a whole other story. Overall I'm very happy car fells much tighter, brakes are crisp there is no more of that swaying front to back after a hard braking. Only bushings I did not do is the rear radius rods because I did not have the right size socket so they will have to wait. Up next is springs, strut/shocks more than likely pedders as well.

How long did it take you to do the bushings? How much was the kit? Finally, if you don't recommend ordering from Pedders, who then?

Thanks

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge05 View Post
    How long did it take you to do the bushings? How much was the kit? Finally, if you don't recommend ordering from Pedders, who then?

Thanks
    Really cant put a time frame on how long as it kinda did them all at different times as it took 2 months to get all the parts. If I had to guess I would say 4-5 hours total. Most of them are fairly easy and straight forward. The tire rub package was probably the most time as you have to take a lot of stuff off. I believe for everything listed I paid about $500. I still recommend pedders I just don't recommend the site(there not a sponsor here)I used

Thread Information