Results 1 to 12 of 12

Ordered some bushings finally

This is a discussion on Ordered some bushings finally within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well almost a year since I got the goat I'm finnally get to it. Order all Pedders, tire rub package(radius ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    Ordered some bushings finally

    Well almost a year since I got the goat I'm finnally get to it. Order all Pedders, tire rub package(radius rods, strut bearings, strut mounts, bump stops) front and rear sway bar bushing and endlinks. This is just the start of it eventually will go with new springs and struts/shocks. Sorry lame post but I can't wait to get these things on and get this pig handling better.

  2. #2
    Member PatrizioD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Anus of America; RI
    Posts
    381

    Nero
    2006 gto

    Your tires will thank you for the ability to actually hold an alignment, believe me. Shitty ass roads here in RI knocked me out of alignment once a week till I put Pedder's on. Now she's golden, and I can feel the difference steering around the 2 foot deep potholes.
    Anyone without a gun and a knife and a handkerchief and a chapstick get the F%$# out of here!

  3. #3
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Your tires will thank you for the ability to actually hold an alignment, believe me. Shitty ass roads here in RI knocked me out of alignment once a week till I put Pedder's on. Now she's golden, and I can feel the difference steering around the 2 foot deep potholes.
    The tires on the car have less than 5k and all 4 are all worn badly on the inside, lucky if I can get 10k out of them at this rate.

  4. #4
    Member PatrizioD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Anus of America; RI
    Posts
    381

    Nero
    2006 gto

    Do yourself a favor and order 235/40's for the front when you replace the tires. Very small amount of contact patch lost, but its worth it to have the extra clearance between tires/struts in front. If you hear a quick slapping sound that speeds up as the car accelerates, for God's sake pull over and make sure its not the inside edge of your tire.


    That was my tire before Pedderizing. It was driven on like that at 70mph for 5 miles before I could pull over and check, still holding air. ((Shudders))

  5. #5
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Do yourself a favor and order 235/40's for the front when you replace the tires. Very small amount of contact patch lost, but its worth it to have the extra clearance between tires/struts in front. If you hear a quick slapping sound that speeds up as the car accelerates, for God's sake pull over and make sure its not the inside edge of your tire.
    Click for full size

    That was my tire before Pedderizing. It was driven on like that at 70mph for 5 miles before I could pull over and check, still holding air. ((Shudders))

    I have an aftermarket set of rims(can't remember the offset off the top of my head) on the car now and have alot more space between the strut and the tire than i did with the stock wheels tires. I think my tire wear is just from crappy parts and the need for an alignment. Hopefully once I get everything on and an alignment tire wear should be back to normal.

  6. #6
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    Well I finally got all the parts in last week. Yeah 2 months later, I will not be ordering from that site again, that a whole other story. Overall I'm very happy car fells much tighter, brakes are crisp there is no more of that swaying front to back after a hard braking. Only bushings I did not do is the rear radius rods because I did not have the right size socket so they will have to wait. Up next is springs, strut/shocks more than likely pedders as well.

    Off topic
    Does anyone else have trouble getting there rotors off? I already did new brakes on the car less than 5k ago and I still had to bash the front rotors off the hub. Is that normal on this car? I would't think the rotor to hub would have to be that tight as the wheel/lugs keep the rotor in place. My 01 z28 they would slide on and off no problem even with 60k they came off with a slight tap of a mallet.

  7. #7
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Mine weren't that hard to remove. I did have to tap them with a rubber mallet. When I reinstalled my cut front rotors, I used anti-seize on the hubs after I cleaned them with a wire brush. But my front rotors are aftermarket.

  8. #8
    Member derbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    iowa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    276

    IBM
    04 GTO

    screw the end link bushings not worth it go ahead and get yourself the HD no bushing end links well worth the $67 each

  9. #9
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Mine weren't that hard to remove. I did have to tap them with a rubber mallet. When I reinstalled my cut front rotors, I used anti-seize on the hubs after I cleaned them with a wire brush. But my front rotors are aftermarket.
    Idk I think mine are stuck on there again. I torqued the wheels back down after the install normal star pattern in 3 stages. Drove to my gf's and back, on the way back my lugs were loose had to re-torque them. I could pretty much fee/hearl them squeezing on to the hub. Its almost like the hub is just a hair to big. Next time I take the rotors off I might try sanding/grind them down some to see if it helps. Its ridiculous I was trying nicely to get them off but eventually got pissed and got the 10lb sledge out and had to bash the crap out of them to get them off.



    Quote Originally Posted by derbs View Post
    screw the end link bushings not worth it go ahead and get yourself the HD no bushing end links well worth the $67 each
    Yeah a little late now. How are the HD endlinks for a DD? Any harsher or more road noise?

  10. #10
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    [QUOTE=JonB;2289218]Idk I think mine are stuck on there again. I torqued the wheels back down after the install normal star pattern in 3 stages. Drove to my gf's and back, on the way back my lugs were loose had to re-torque them. I could pretty much fee/hearl them squeezing on to the hub. Its almost like the hub is just a hair to big. Next time I take the rotors off I might try sanding/grind them down some to see if it helps. Its ridiculous I was trying nicely to get them off but eventually got pissed and got the 10lb sledge out and had to bash the crap out of them to get them off. [QUOTE]

    Next time yo have the rotors off, try sandpaper or a round file to "clean out" the center bore of the rotors so they will be easier to remove. Or you could do the same with new rotors when you install them. I have a feeling this is the reason why the Grand Cherokees have that rubber grommet on the hubs...to prevent sediment buildup between the hub/rotor.

  11. #11
    Member TheJudge05's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    110

    Yellow
    2005 GTO M6 - One of 498

    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Well I finally got all the parts in last week. Yeah 2 months later, I will not be ordering from that site again, that a whole other story. Overall I'm very happy car fells much tighter, brakes are crisp there is no more of that swaying front to back after a hard braking. Only bushings I did not do is the rear radius rods because I did not have the right size socket so they will have to wait. Up next is springs, strut/shocks more than likely pedders as well.

    .
    How long did it take you to do the bushings? How much was the kit? Finally, if you don't recommend ordering from Pedders, who then?

    Thanks

  12. #12
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge05 View Post
    How long did it take you to do the bushings? How much was the kit? Finally, if you don't recommend ordering from Pedders, who then?

    Thanks
    Really cant put a time frame on how long as it kinda did them all at different times as it took 2 months to get all the parts. If I had to guess I would say 4-5 hours total. Most of them are fairly easy and straight forward. The tire rub package was probably the most time as you have to take a lot of stuff off. I believe for everything listed I paid about $500. I still recommend pedders I just don't recommend the site(there not a sponsor here)I used

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Finally ordered some SS 35th LE wheels!
    By 02SS35th in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 05:33 AM
  2. Finally ordered some front shocks
    By Lunatikgixxer in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 05:55 AM
  3. finally ordered a torque arm...
    By Bad30th in forum Western Members
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 11:29 PM
  4. Finally ordered my cam :)
    By juiced99ws6 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 03:57 PM
  5. Let the modding begin!! (finally ordered a catback!)
    By 99_LS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 12:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •