Hotrod

Which one is which?

I've been looking on Autotrader and Carmax to get an idea of pricing on the GTO's and I don't understand which one's come with the LS2 and which one's come with the LS1. I have found several 2005 GTO's but some of them have the "air induction" hood, but then some of them don't. Why does some have the hood and some don't if they are the same year model? Is it a special edition that has the hood, cause I thought all 2005's had the special hood?

Also, one thing that has turned me off a little is the price of performance parts for it. Are these things that ridiculously expensive to mod? I looked up basic stuff like headers and exhaust and one website (it will remain nameless) wants like $1500.00 for headers and a catback exhaust, and like $1100.00 for just long-tube headers. When I had my Camaro, I paid $400 for my headers. If this thing is a rich-man's car then forget it!

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Here's your answer...

New for 2005
    The 400-horsepower LS2 6.0-liter V8 replaces the LS1 for 2005. Other updates include an available hood with twin air scoops; revised rear fascia with outlets for new split dual exhaust system; polished exhaust tips; larger brake rotors and calipers; and front calipers painted red with GTO logos. Blue and gray are added as color choices.
    From here... (and I think all the details your are looking for).
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/de...model=GTO#used
    Hope that helps.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup....our mods cost more so the manufacturer can recoup RD money....fact is there isnt many Goats out there to spread the cost out....so we pay more...

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Not fair but true

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Yup....our mods cost more so the manufacturer can recoup RD money....fact is there isnt many Goats out there to spread the cost out....so we pay more...
    That is why pricing is through the roof and unfortunately, the smaller manufacturer has an even higher re-coup because of the inability to mass produce hence; Group purchases.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

Thread Information