Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Which oil?

This is a discussion on Which oil? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I use Mobile 1 5w-30 in my SS all year round. I change the oil every 5,000 miles sometimes up ...

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

ode to mobile 1

I use Mobile 1 5w-30 in my SS all year round. I change the oil every 5,000 miles sometimes up to 5,500 miles. I have been running it like this since the day I bought it at 47,000 miles. I now have 104,000 miles and my engine never ran better. If I do go to 5,5000 miles I notice the oil pressure will slightly drop and that is when without a doubt I change it. I use fram HD oil filter, because they don't use cardboard as the filter tops like the regular frams do. In the summer time I will exchange 1 quart of Mobile 1 with Lucas synthetic oil stabalizer for added protection. Unlike a few of the stories i've heard from other LS1 owners I never blow white smoke out of the exhaust either.

p.s. I don't drive like an old man either. I see excess of 5,ooo RPMs daily.
    Borla XR-1 energy bushings UMI B&M Spohn suspension techniques eibach edelbroc K&N Richmond Eaton F.A.S.T FlashTuner NGK MSD SLP J&M - I owe it all to my mentor- my dad.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'm an old man and dont drive like an old man either

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    I'm an old man and dont drive like an old man either
    Yeah I thought about that after I wrote it, let me rephrase that - I don't drive like an old lady, hopefully my grandmother isn't on here cause she doesn't drive like an old lady either.

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Royal purple is to thin you can here lots of vaulve train noise. 5-30 Mobil one 15k long lasting but I change it every 5k. That way I know its protected.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Chevypowr
    p.s. I don't drive like an old man either. I see excess of 5,ooo RPMs daily.
    At what age do you qualify as an "old man"?

White
    99 Z28

Mobile 1 here, I have it in my 02 5.3 Avalanche and the Z.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

LOL, it's a very scientific formula

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    At what age do you qualify as an "old man"?
    When you drive 50 miles an hour in the passing lane when the right lane is totally empty and you wonder what the hells going on when someone is passing you in the right lane beeping and flipping you the bird. Then you proceed to stay in the passing lane and mudder "whats that a-holes problem" Then it happens again, and you still don't know whats going on.

I dont think there is a specific age for that.

I wasn't trying to be arrogant by saying my original message, I was just expressing a teachable point of view. Which is-Mobile one has treated me very well considering the abuse I put on my engine...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information