Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Universal Pisser Offer Fester801's Avatar

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

OBX headers for GTO?

I've seen the OBX headers installed on lots of F-bodies with great success. Has any of the Goat crowd installed these? They look to be very well made, and I was thinking of buying myself an early Christmas present. I'm talking about the stock length bolt in headers. Now, I know there are those who will only use long tubes, but this is my daily driver and my long trip car, so I'd rather not go that route. Thanks, and keep it rubber side down.

IBM
    04 GTO

I've seen acouple pairs of long tubes on camaros. I'm with you on them being a real nice set get the long tubes and tell me how they fit lol.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I've been checking them out on eBay. I like the way they look. Welds look pretty well done as well.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

I've read many thread where people have put these on F-Bodys and many more threads about how they fit great on Vettes. A couple of people have even put them on GTO's with NO problems at all. Pay no attention to the dipshits who've never even seen these headers when they make their typical "head up my ass" comments and pull the trigger. Let us know how it goes if you get them.
    Last edited by 0rion; 11-26-2010 at 04:44 AM.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have heard of fitment issues with ARH, Stainless Works, Pacesetter, etc. Some of us can't afford $1500 for headers and another couple hundred for installation. I like the looks of the OBX longtube setup.
    Last edited by 0rion; 11-26-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

i have only heard one comment bout fitment issue and i think smittro is talkin bout that one..
    after that i heard lots bad comments of people who never had em.. or seen them in person..
    and i heard good commnts bout people who has them in their cars..
    for the price... i would try it..
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

98 Formula
    06 duramax

thread cleaned up......one free holiday pass

to the OP.......I know exactly where you're coming from on not wanting longtubes but unless you do longtubes I would just keep your stock manifolds. There's just not much gains to be had putting in shorties.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

Oh great leader Orion, I hope no one posted bad things on my thread... That would kill my Holiday spirit. Having said that, I just clicked a "buy it now" and the headers are on the way. I will keep you all updated and post pics of the install (since I now have a lift) to let you all know how it goes. Having seen the inside and configuration of the stock manifolds on my LS2, I don't see how these won't help. I beginning to think The General puts these things on here just to screw with us. Seriously, the LS-1 manifolds on my '99 Z28 looked 10 times better.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Fester801 View Post
    Oh great leader Orion, I hope no one posted bad things on my thread... That would kill my Holiday spirit. Having said that, I just clicked a "buy it now" and the headers are on the way. I will keep you all updated and post pics of the install (since I now have a lift) to let you all know how it goes. Having seen the inside and configuration of the stock manifolds on my LS2, I don't see how these won't help. I beginning to think The General puts these things on here just to screw with us. Seriously, the LS-1 manifolds on my '99 Z28 looked 10 times better.
    Please keep us updated man. I could sell my used Kooks and buy 3 seta of these things if they work (not that I would) for the price. As I stated, if guys can put them on a Vette/Camaro with no problem and get great performance, us GTO guys should be able to also. I wish you were closer I'd give you a hand to experience how they fit/work.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    Please keep us updated man. I could sell my used Kooks and buy 3 seta of these things if they work (not that I would) for the price. As I stated, if guys can put them on a Vette/Camaro with no problem and get great performance, us GTO guys should be able to also. I wish you were closer I'd give you a hand to experience how they fit/work.
    Mighty nice of you Mr. CamaroFan71 to want to help out, thats' what we need on this forum. I have learned from most all these people here and done a lot of up grades to mine with more to come. Fester good luck!!!!
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 11-26-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

Well, I installed the OBX shorties, a bolt in x-pipe (in place of the resonator) and a Cold Air Inductions cold air kit over last weekend. Everything went extremely well and the car runs a lot better than I'd expected. I'll post pics tonight when I get off work.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Cool deal, would like to see your set up, sweet!!

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Well, I installed the OBX shorties, a bolt in x-pipe (in place of the resonator) and a Cold Air Inductions cold air kit over last weekend. Everything went extremely well and the car runs a lot better than I'd expected. I'll post pics tonight when I get off work.
    Hey Fester any luck with the pics, I'm really looking forward to seeing them, sorry to bug you, thanks.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Hey Fester any luck with the pics, I'm really looking forward to seeing them, sorry to bug you, thanks.
    Yeah, I'll try to get them on tonight. I have one computer and the wife works off of it. Maybe I should quit buying car parts and get another one...

...forget I said that, I don't know what I was thinking.

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 GTO

Are you using stock mids, or JBA?

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Yeah, I'll try to get them on tonight. I have one computer and the wife works off of it. Maybe I should quit buying car parts and get another one...

...forget I said that, I don't know what I was thinking.
    What.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk23 View Post
    Are you using stock mids, or JBA?
    Using stock pipes. Unfortunaltely I live close to Fort Worth and they like to check stuff like that. I'm sure I'll catch some grief over the headers as it is.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    i have only heard one comment bout fitment issue and i think smittro is talkin bout that one..
    after that i heard lots bad comments of people who never had em.. or seen them in person..
    and i heard good commnts bout people who has them in their cars..
    for the price... i would try it..
    Yeah, I'm not sure about the long tubes, but these things fit great and had some pretty impressive welds on them. The flanges were thick and fit good and flush. They bolted up to the mid pipes nice. With the exception of needing an extra finger to hold one of the collector bolts so I could get the nut started, I installed these completely by myself. Definitely worth every bit of the 300 bucks I paid.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Yeah, I'm not sure about the long tubes, but these things fit great and had some pretty impressive welds on them. The flanges were thick and fit good and flush. They bolted up to the mid pipes nice. With the exception of needing an extra finger to hold one of the collector bolts so I could get the nut started, I installed these completely by myself. Definitely worth every bit of the 300 bucks I paid.
    Very cool, still waiting on those pics. Glad to hear they fit well, trying to decide what way to go,and you can tell the difference?

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

[IMG][/IMG]
    This is the crap I took off. Two heavy cast iron pieces and the resonator under the tranny. The resonator zipped right off with a sawzall.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    New VS Old. Those headers are well made if you ask me.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Left side before I put the airbox on. This side lifted right out the top with no trouble. This is the side I need one finger to hold the top collector bolt to get the nut started.

Thread Information