Thread: o2 sensors

silver
    2004 gto

o2 sensors

I'm having problems with my o2 sensors when I put new headers in I cut the old ones and made them longer and now the car runs rich and bogs out some times it idles weird where can I get o2 sensors long ones for my LTs??? Plz help I have no cats on them either but the check engine light is on and it read bank 1 o2 sensor.

Thanks

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

you'll just have to extend your old ones, it seems that's what everybody does, I have heard the a C-5 rear O2s are the same as our fronts and are long enough to fit without splicing. I jsut spliced mine and made sure I had good connections. good luck.
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

The check engine light will stay on anyway, not something you did wrong. That's a code you'll have to get deleted with a tune--atleast it's this way with my Z28.

silver
    2004 gto

oh so a custom tune will delete it? because i was asking people if it would cuz i need a tune ne how haha well thanks guys

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

you can't delete your front ones, they determine how much fuel to give your engine, If they are not working(fronts) the car will still run, but pig rich, I think it's called closed loop, where it just dumps fuel. But yes you will need to have your rear O2s deleted with a custom tune.I must have read your original post wrong, but it sounds like your fronts aren't working, So when you're getting your tune ask your tuner to check your front O2 voltage and to delete your rears, if your fronts are bad even just one, your CEL will stay on, and he won't be able to tune the AFR@WOT
    with a bad front O2, so you'll have to bring it back to your tuner after your O2s are replaced.
    Last edited by 05gtoautoX; 09-26-2007 at 11:14 AM.

silver
    2004 gto

Am i going to have to get high flow o2 sensors? Because people told me to get high flow and not regular ones? what do you think? and to get the light off do i have to put cats on or what?

black, and black
    04 M6

sensors

i just spliced my old ones and sodered teh connections and made sure they werent touching the headers anywhere, i didnt get high flow ones, if you have acess to a tuner by all means get it tuned after u replsce the sensors, if not get a diablo preadtor and take them out of teh tune yourself thats what i did,

silver
    2004 gto

ok thanks

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    i just spliced my old ones and sodered teh connections and made sure they werent touching the headers anywhere, i didnt get high flow ones, if you have acess to a tuner by all means get it tuned after u replsce the sensors, if not get a diablo preadtor and take them out of teh tune yourself thats what i did,
    How do you like your Diablo? I've been sitting on the fence, thinking it doesn't do too much for manual trans cars. Have you tuned it for more noticeable power? Oh yeah, you don't need the high flow O2 sensors.

silver
    2004 gto

ok thanks too all you guys so if i get just front o2 sensors it should be ok? and does ne one think that i should put cats on instead of running it straight pipe? im kinda desiding on it just so i dont have to deal with the check engine light. But idk ne help would be great the check engine light scares me haha just becuz i wouldnt no if ne thing would go roung down the road. and if ne one is running straight pipe and tell me how its doing

thanks

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

I DON"T have cats and my CEL is NOT on, you eliminate that by deleting the rear O2s, So like I said take it to your tuner and have him delete the rears and check your fronts, if even one of the fronts are bad you'll have to replace it to get the CEL off. And if you get the predator, I think you have to get the slp version to delete the O2s.

silver
    2004 gto

ok thanks

silver
    2004 gto

when u spliced the old ones did u solder the wires together or electrical tape or even butt connected them because i think mine are with electrical tape and i think thats the problem.

black, and black
    04 M6

PREADTOR, SOdered

i love my preadtor get one and do the tune and you will notice a power difference, i have a m6 and i noticed a big difference, sodered, i sodered mine and used plenty of tape i made sure to tape it up good and keep it out of way of the headers
    04 blk/blk m6, K&N fipk, slp MAF, 85mm tb/bypass, UD pully factory chrome wheels 255 rears245 fronts B&M tinted windows ws6 hood D/S rotors diablo sport slp II long tubes custom exahust no cats, no res, battery relocate cust. skid plate 160 t stat 85mm fast intake drag bags

silver
    2004 gto

ok thanks

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

yeah make sure you made a good splice, If I was you and had access to a custom tuner that will sit down with a laptop and tune your car, I'd go for that 10X over a predator. I never noticed any difference with the predator at all. Evreybody on this board will tell you to get a custom tune over a predator, plus it's probably a little cheaper.

black, and black
    04 M6

tune

like i sadi in my previous post if u have acess to a tuner get it tuned if not get a preadtor thats what i think anyway, im in need of a custom tune but i cant find one any closer than 8 hrs

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    like i sadi in my previous post if u have acess to a tuner get it tuned if not get a preadtor thats what i think anyway, im in need of a custom tune but i cant find one any closer than 8 hrs
    There's gotta be one closer than that huh? If not you can just buy the Hptuners software and learn how to do it yourself, they have a huge customer support board, and everybody seems to want to help, That's what I'm doing right now, at it's not all that hard, the hardest part is finding out what the abbreviations and acronyms stand for and what parameters they effect, but there is a very steep learning curve. Something to think about.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Thanks for the info on tuning....

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

yeah no problem, check out the HPTuners website, and ask around, see what you need before you buy.

Thread Information