Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

not sure if I can do it....

This is a discussion on not sure if I can do it.... within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by pajeff02 Dad? poor kid,he will be doomed going through life driving a slow car.......

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Dad?
    poor kid,he will be doomed going through life driving a slow car....
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I'd sell the 2dr and the durango...get a nice crew cab duramax

98 Formula
    06 duramax

well, I still have the GTO. They wouldn't give me the deal I wanted so I came back home. Ball is in their court now so we'll see. Overall it was a decent truck. Exactly what you'd expect from a lifted truck with 37's. There were good points and bad points and not enough good to make me willing to give up my GTO. You know how the car dealerships work though....if they haven't sold it in a week or two I'll get a call saying they'll give me what I wanted. I'm in no hurry really so I have time to wait on the deal I want.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

it seems like a want more then a need right now. wait till spring. you can get more for the gto and the price on the truck will be down.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Sports cars should sell better come spring time...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'll just have to wait and see. Found a duramax silverado I may go take a look at this week sometime.

red
    06 gto

just to add my 2 cents. I have a dodge with a cummins it pulls like a freight train and I get 24mpg and I havent had any troubles with it. I have a buddy with a F350 6liter diesel and hes on his 3rd motor with 50k miles

yellow
    2004 gto

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    nope...6.0L
    this is it. BDS lift and 37x13.5 Cepek tires
    Click for full size
    i dont know much abt the 6.0 boss man. but the few i do know was the ones we had a work. they were very troublesum. the injectors for one, and the 6.0 4x4 trucks spit out transfercases all over the road while doing 75mph... parts all over the road sir. the wires ran between the fan and rad is what they said the problem was. the wires over time will get lose and get sucked into the fan and the transmission goes into reverse, thus killing the t case. idk if thats the real reasion why..

personal.. the 6.6 duramax is just a flat out work hourse. at work there is a 2004 chevy 4500 topkick 6.6 durmax pulles itself with a 20,000lbs trailer with a 19,000lbs backhoe 85mph. all reviews, all the reads hands down a great engine. and chevy just makes one hell of a truck to boot. the new LLY/LBZ have the most power, but any 6.6 durmax is the cats meow.

yellow
    2004 gto

i went to carmax to get a trade in value for my car. 2004 gto 6 speed with 10,000miles. in perfect shape $15,000 was the offer. alright.. i did'nt agree and said i needed more. they would'nt add a dime.

i went to the computers set up in the show room. 8 2004 gtos with way more miles then mine like 30-40k more miles was listed $18-21,000. i told him there is no way i'll let my car go for $15,000, when i know good and well it'll hit the lot for $22,000. thats just bull shit.

the guy looking at the car said he needed the key, and i said no you dont. he said he need to test drive it, i said i'll drive you. he said he needed to drive it but...

i drove him. guy

yellow
    2004 gto

also to add. i had the 24valve cummins. it would pull the gates of hell, but not very fast.. knowing what i know now.. i would have got a newer dodge or got a chevy 6.6 duramax.

next truck i get will be either dodge or chevy.. if the $ is right chevy > dodge.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the 04 duramax was already sold but I test drove an 06 GMC Sierra crew cab with the duramax in it. Had a 6" fabtech lift and 33" tires. Road like a cadillac compared to the ford but it had it's own set of issues. Looked like a tranny line up front was leaking and another source of oil from a line up front. Needed tires and brakes and the interior had a couple of nicks and scrapes. It also had a funky little "clunk" in the steering wheel that I'm not completely sure what that was. Probably had the torsion bars cranked to hell and back. They were asking $29,900 with 39k miles on it. I wouldn't have paid anywhere near that. Actually, I wouldn't have paid them anything really because it looked like a potential headache. I'm just riding it out until the right truck comes along.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have a POS Dodge Durango -- I can install a lift kit, run it low on oil so the rods knock a bit for that diesel sound, and install some big monkey ass tires on it. Trade for the GTO?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have a POS Dodge Durango -- I can install a lift kit, run it low on oil so the rods knock a bit for that diesel sound, and install some big monkey ass tires on it. Trade for the GTO?
    already have a durango but I'll sell you my GTO....even give you the LS1.com discount.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

already have a durango but I'll sell you my GTO....even give you the LS1.com discount.

The JoshieDoom discount?

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

The JoshieDoom discount?
    lol nice. sent it here i'll pay you.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

The JoshieDoom discount?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    lol nice. sent it here i'll pay you.
    yep.....good play kind sir. That kinda JD discount ends up with someone getting shot. $15 isn't worth jail time.....my GTO is.

yellow
    2004 gto

IMO your going to find all kinds of funny noises, leaks, and things you dont like with someone elses lifted truck unless it's been done right.. but even then...

i would get a stock truck or a truck with very mid lift (leveling kit, rims/tires or somthing like that). You have no idea what someone else has put that lifted 4x4 threw.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

yep.....good play kind sir. That kinda JD discount ends up with someone getting shot. $15 isn't worth jail time.....my GTO is.

Seriously. I would love to add a GTO to the fleet but I am out of garage space. I bought the Trans Am and a 1967 Cutlass last year... cars are my weakness.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I'll just have to wait and see. Found a duramax silverado I may go take a look at this week sometime.

So what year you looking at? I can't convince my cousin to buy used. He always buys new and wastes so much money. We were looking today and the Duramax's were 50k. I could never do that...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    So what year you looking at? I can't convince my cousin to buy used. He always buys new and wastes so much money. We were looking today and the Duramax's were 50k. I could never do that...

For the past 10 years all of our dd's, except my wife's current Stratus, are wreck and rebuilds. As long as you do it right, you save so much money picking out a wreck at the junkyard and fixing it back up. My entire life I have purchased one new car -- never again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information