06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

New wheels are on!!!

Well i have the 18X8.5s Ruff 291s all the way around(black) but im having a fitment issue. I AM lowered 1in up front and 1/2" in back. And im rubbing both rears(fronts are ok). Now i have the fenders rolled so i figured id be ok. Now my question is should i go ahead and buy the 9.5s out back(and have to get 2 new tires) because they are a 45 offset instead of a 35, and try to sell the 8.5s with tires that have less than 1000 miles on them? Or will the drag bags i just ordered help/solve my rubbing issue?!?!?! Im really NOT wanting to fork out the money and buy the wheels and tires then try to sell the other ones. I think it would be hard as hell to sell 2-8.5s with 255/40 Eagle GTs on them. I know the 255s WONT fit on the 9.5s. So i guess my question is WILL the bags solve my issue???

Anyway here are the pics!

Last edited by Stone; 02-27-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

drag bags will help,depends on tires you are running ,sorry i dont have any more info as i have ran mostly 17 and 15 inch wheels,got rid of the factory 18 soon after getting the car and finding out those were worthless for traction.that and the fact that 18 inch drag radials we another $100 each in the 18s

Yellow
    2004 GTO

Good looking wheels!!!!!

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Are they hard to keep clean?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

The only other things you could do is to
    1) Go to a narrower tire...but that kind of makes the point of going to a wider wheel pointless. What width tire do you have on the front?
    2) Raise the rear with stock or higher springs

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

One of the nicest goat I've seen yet. Love the wheel it really makes the car....

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Thanks guys!!

Im leaning towards the 0 drops....but im also thinking of going ahead and biting the bullet and getting the 9.5s and HOPING the 8.5s sell. That way when i want to move up on tire size i can. But i just cant fathem spending that much money right now.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The aspect ratio is wrong. I have 275/35/18s in the rear of mine. There was a big debate over on the other site about this issue. You can go the drag bag route, or go with a lower aspect ratio in the rear. Someone on the other forum also mentioned the way the sidewall of the tire is made(squarish sidewall as opposed to a rounded sidewall) to clear the rear quarters.

One mentioned cutting the lip off ther rear quarters ONLY AS A LAST RESORT.

These are just issues I have read about in the past. Only ideas in case the drag bags don't help.
    Last edited by cammed goat; 02-27-2009 at 02:07 PM.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Thanks guys!

Im thinking of going with the 0 drops if the bags dont work. That should do the trick right there. Also still have a good raked look

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    Thanks guys!

Im thinking of going with the 0 drops if the bags dont work. That should do the trick right there. Also still have a good raked look
    I WILL admit, GTOs DO look awesome with some rake. When I went to an all GTO show at Atco last Nov I saw GTOs with drag bags and they looked pretty hostile with the slick on them.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Thanks guys!

BTW my car is the test car for Madman and Co Racing. He made some shock spacers that ive been testing out for about a month. They give an inch or so more clearance on the inside. Now the next thing that the tires would hit would be the A-Arm. If anyone is interested in trying these peices just let me know. Or have any questions just PM me.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I WILL admit, GTOs DO look awesome with some rake. When I went to an all GTO show at Atco last Nov I saw GTOs with drag bags and they looked pretty hostile with the slick on them.
    rake is good.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    The aspect ratio is wrong. I have 275/35/18s in the rear of mine. There was a big debate over on the other site about this issue. You can go the drag bag route, or go with a lower aspect ratio in the rear. Someone on the other forum also mentioned the way the sidewall of the tire is made(squarish sidewall as opposed to a rounded sidewall) to clear the rear quarters.

One mentioned cutting the lip off ther rear quarters ONLY AS A LAST RESORT.

These are just issues I have read about in the past. Only ideas in case the drag bags don't help.
    I cut my lips off rite at the outer edge and used two part epoxy made for metal to metal (Norton)
    comes as one double tube and you needs their caulk gun for it....been running it for over two yrars now, no problems and this is the only way I'd cut and reseal a wheel well lip.......you can buy them at just about any body shop if you decide to go that way.

plus you could keep your extra two wheels and tires for spares?

Thread Information