Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New Toy to play with...suggestions???

This is a discussion on New Toy to play with...suggestions??? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok, well like i said, i'm new to this -- all i've driven for the last decade are oversized trucks, ...

I f@#ked the prom queen RoadWrath04's Avatar

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

Unhappy

ok, well like i said, i'm new to this -- all i've driven for the last decade are oversized trucks, so what is the rundown on a stall converter (say 3600)...how much can i expect to spend, how hard is it to install, and are there any negative effects of having one on a "daily driver" gto that i want to perform (mpg, engine probs, traction probs, tune upgrade???)...god i feel like an idiot asking all this stuff

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

a good stall is usually anywhere from 500-700 for the stall idk about the install the only negative effects are gas mileage but i only lost maybe 2-3 mpg with mine (vig 3200) and of course youll have the traction issue from stand still

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well......If you tune your engine to your exhaust setup there is no loss but there are gains. When you gut your cats and install a free flow exhaust and no tune you will lose torque. As for a stall ( great mod for an A4) I have a Fuddle...had a Vigilante but blew it up Lots of crunchy lil pieces.

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

sweet, so i'm gonna wait on the tune so i can at least do all of those at the same time and order my tune to fit those...now i just gotta figure out the kind of stall i want...was looking at the fuddle website, they had performance or HP, with a bunch of different sizes...like i said, this is gonna be a daily driver as well, so i don't know if i should go performace with a higher stall, or a little lower on the HP side...i'm gonna call and talk to someone there if i can get the number off the site...they're gonna laugh at me cause i'm an idiot...lol...thanks for all your input guys

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWrath04 View Post
    sweet, so i'm gonna wait on the tune so i can at least do all of those at the same time and order my tune to fit those...now i just gotta figure out the kind of stall i want...was looking at the fuddle website, they had performance or HP, with a bunch of different sizes...like i said, this is gonna be a daily driver as well, so i don't know if i should go performace with a higher stall, or a little lower on the HP side...i'm gonna call and talk to someone there if i can get the number off the site...they're gonna laugh at me cause i'm an idiot...lol...thanks for all your input guys
    "daily drivability" varies from person to person, but you would be suprised at how good a high horsepower car can drive with the right tune

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

so i think i'm gonna go with a fuddle 3200 stall, but i hear that i can have probs with pwm (pulses in the tranny???), and i don't know if they can be overcome with just a tune adjustment or what...

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

so now i gotta figure out how to pay for that...lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information