Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I f@#ked the prom queen RoadWrath04's Avatar

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

New Toy to play with...suggestions???

Hi everyone - i'm brand new to the site, and recently got into my '04 GTO, which is for the most part, totally stock (A4)...been checkin out the site for awhile, since i was talking to the guy i got it from, and i'm pretty sure you guys could give me some ideas for what to do that are fairly quick and cheap upgrades for my new toy, which as a long-time driver of an oversized SUV with 35" tires, I'M LOVING THE SPEED!!! Any suggestions at all, i'd love to hear em...long term i'm probably gonna go with an iron-block big boy to throw her down the road, but for now, i'm stickin with the 5.7...thanks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Welcome man! Well.....lots of ways to go so lets just start with the start
    What do you want it to be?

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

just a street driver that eats 'stangs for breakfast at first...air intakes, exhaust, etc...stuff that might be able to transfer if i upgrade to a more powerful engine preferably...already lookin at the inland empire aluminum driveshaft kit...already upgraded the Mass Airflow Sensor to the SLP 80mm.....i just wanna play for now

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWrath04 View Post
    just a street driver that eats 'stangs for breakfast at first...air intakes, exhaust, etc...stuff that might be able to transfer if i upgrade to a more powerful engine preferably...already lookin at the inland empire aluminum driveshaft kit...already upgraded the Mass Airflow Sensor to the SLP 80mm.....i just wanna play for now
    Ive had mine for about 6 months now!!Put in some LT headers, CAI, x-pipe, and the 05/06 exhaust(for the looks)and a good TUNE..Beats the CRAP out of mustangs..

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

one thing im seriously considering is deleting the cats (knocking the crap outta the inside and snubbing some straight-pipe through it to have the look of cats for inspection reasons) and using some o2 simulators, but i don't really know if they work...any ideas on that??? and i've heard how tempermental my baby is likely to be with anything electronic, so i'm kinda worried bout the simulator messing up the computer...also, the same worries apply for the Diablo Predator tuner (2nd series i think)...any input on those things????

Black
    2004 GTO

one thing im seriously considering is deleting the cats (knocking the crap outta the inside and snubbing some straight-pipe through it to have the look of cats for inspection reasons) and using some o2 simulators, but i don't really know if they work...any ideas on that??? and i've heard how tempermental my baby is likely to be with anything electronic, so i'm kinda worried bout the simulator messing up the computer...also, the same worries apply for the Diablo Predator tuner (2nd series i think)...any input on those things????
    I deleted the CATS on mine, and had a CMR TUNER from Diablo program my car...All the rear sensors were disabled...but like SARGE recommends..go to Nelson Performnce!!they look like they are very good on programming GOATS!!Ill probly get a TUNE from them as i keep upgrading my car...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I would start with a tune and a stall for sure.

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

so would you guys recommend against the Diablo Tuner in favor of the Nelson Performance tune??? what's the price range we are talkin for the Nelson, just out of curiosity (because cost is an issue, at least for the immediate future)

Black
    2004 GTO

so would you guys recommend against the Diablo Tuner in favor of the Nelson Performance tune??? what's the price range we are talkin for the Nelson, just out of curiosity (because cost is an issue, at least for the immediate future)
    I think they run about the same price..Nelson charges like 375$ for the tune...actually they send you a new computer tuned already!!and i also believe (dont quote me on this) but as you keep upgrading you car...they will send you a new tune, with exchage of your previous computer!!for no charge...Diablo, the cheapest ive seen "new" is like about 350$...but nelson would be a better buy...i would say..check out there web-site for more info..either way if you think about it, a tune would probly be a first choice to many..i mean your going to need a tune stock or not stock!!!

black
    2004 pontiac gto

Welcome to the site and cograts on the 04 goat. I to have an 04 goat with k&n cai, diablosport tune, exhaust work, 85 mm throttle body and soon to add a typhoon intake. I would stay away from taking your cats off i tried that and although the sound was great the ls1 engine is stronger with the back pressure generated by the cats. My goat did not take off as quick with the cats off and you better make sure there are no exhaust leaks. I had already ordered the straigh pipes so i had my exhaust man cut my old pipes right behind the cats and weld the straight pipe onto the cats and ran a system from that point on. My car now trully has a cat back system now with the exhaust starting right at the cats.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

cats take away no power people actually gain power from taking them off and secondly you might want to look at a fast or weiand street warrior intake, i haven't any good things about the typhoon

hugger orange

first off DON'T knock the crap out of your cats, you can sell cats for scrap for upto $150 each depending on size. I tried simulators , the box got hot as hell (to the point of scaring me) worked for about a wkd then codes popped back up (but simulators will not hurt the computer). if you need cats for a visual emissions inspection pm me, lol I have a sfor our cars that I knocked the crap out of before I knew I could sell them....if you want them all i ask is pay the shipping

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    first off DON'T knock the crap out of your cats, you can sell cats for scrap for upto $150 each depending on size. I tried simulators , the box got hot as hell (to the point of scaring me) worked for about a wkd then codes popped back up (but simulators will not hurt the computer). if you need cats for a visual emissions inspection pm me, lol I have a sfor our cars that I knocked the crap out of before I knew I could sell them....if you want them all i ask is pay the shipping

ok, so any other input on delete cats or not???

Black
    2004 GTO

ok, so any other input on delete cats or not???
    I have mine off...then i disabled ALL the rear sensors...i havent had any problems...I took them off cause i got the long tube hearders...you can get some shorties (headers) and put some high flow cats and it will probly sound better then deleting them alone..but it will cost alot more cause them high flow cats are EXPENSIVE!!

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    I have mine off...then i disabled ALL the rear sensors...i havent had any problems...I took them off cause i got the long tube hearders...you can get some shorties (headers) and put some high flow cats and it will probly sound better then deleting them alone..but it will cost alot more cause them high flow cats are EXPENSIVE!!
    i was acually surprised at the price.
    magnaflow hiflow cats are only $65 each through summit racing....but just a warning, if you go with hiflow cats you might still throw an "unsufficient catalyst" code...so I'd have the rear ors turned off nomatter what you do

black
    2004 pontiac gto

I dont know if your state is an emissions state or not, i live in georgia and we have to get our emissions done each year. If you are not in one of those stated than try the goat with no cats, if your state is an emissions state i would not bother, it is going to cost you more than it is worth to have to put your cats back on each time you get an emissions check.

Also to the person that told me about the weiand intake against the typhoon intake i called on both and the weiand will not work due to the fact that i have already changed out my throttle body to 85mm, the tyhpoon matches my throttle body. As anyone else heard any thing about the typhoon? Thanks for the input.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

just search the typhoon intake you'll see everyone's thoughts on it...

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

Sarge! Help!

as far as emissions testing here, they do a visible check for the cats, but they don't put a sensor on to see what your vehicle is smogging out, so that's why i was thinking of knocking the shit outta the inside of the cat and placing a straight pipe through the outer shell, then reinserting it onto the exhaust (just for the looks)...but if Magnaflow has the high-flow cats on summit racing for $65 each, that would prob work better overall, cause from what i read my baby needs some of the backpressure that is a direct result of the catalytic converters...sarge, any ideas when it comes to this stuff??? you seem to be the resident pro on almost anything GTO around here...you also mentioned a stall earlier...what's a good quality-for-the-price brand to look for???
    Last edited by RoadWrath04; 10-16-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: incomplete

hugger orange

as far as emissions testing here, they do a visible check for the cats, but they don't put a sensor on to see what your vehicle is smogging out, so that's why i was thinking of knocking the shit outta the inside of the cat and placing a straight pipe through the outer shell, then reinserting it onto the exhaust (just for the looks)...but if Magnaflow has the high-flow cats on summit racing for $65 each, that would prob work better overall, cause from what i read my baby needs some of the backpressure that is a direct result of the catalytic converters...sarge, any ideas when it comes to this stuff??? you seem to be the resident pro on almost anything GTO around here...you also mentioned a stall earlier...what's a good quality-for-the-price brand to look for???
    as far as backpressure goes, headers and even strait pipe will give plenty. where people run into problems is when they change the exhaust to a free flowing one and do not get their car tuned to match the new exhaust.
    checkout Fuddle and Yank converters...Fuddle might be alittle more pricey but they stand behind their products and can (restall) your converter that you buy from them if you upgrade your motor more....ive heard lots of good things about them.
    stock motor with a 3400-3600 stall should knock a half second off your 1/4 mile time

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

im a fan of Precision Industries vigilante's

Thread Information