Results 1 to 16 of 16

New to Ls1, New GTO

This is a discussion on New to Ls1, New GTO within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Shippers just delivered my car to my house about a week ago. Bought it from the original owner with 50k ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2

    Yellow
    2005 GTO

    New to Ls1, New GTO

    Shippers just delivered my car to my house about a week ago. Bought it from the original owner with 50k miles. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked to have an 05 GTO. That being said, I'm looking to put some chrome wheels on to make her look a little prettier. Any suggestions? The car is yellow and currently has the stock wheels/tires on it.

  2. #2
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Welcome!! Sounds like a nice car, post pics if you can.

    What kind of wheels do you prefer?? Something like a Corvette Z06 style in chrome perhaps?? 18" I'm guessing??

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2

    Yellow
    2005 GTO



    Not too sure if the picture is going to work, I've never done it before.

    I'm kind of unsure on the wheels I want, I was looking at the Z06 chromes but they are a little pricey. I'm debating on what I should look into, ranging from black five spokes to chrome five spokes and everything in between. The clearance on the rear fender seems a little tight, so I'm not sure what size tires would fit comfortably without modification.

  4. #4
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    If you go with 275s you either need to roll or cut your 1/4s if you dont use drag bags. With those $120 babies you wont have any issues and it will help with the wheel hop.

    Some 7+ spoke chrome wheels would look great on that car! Nice ride man.

  5. #5
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Nice car, TLS what are you saying will help with the wheel hop. Thanks

  6. #6
    Universal Pisser Offer Fester801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Grapevine, TX
    Posts
    105

    Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

    Nice Goat!!! Maybe next time you can find a yellow one...

  7. #7
    Member GTO1_OHIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    588

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

    Black Chrome would look better ... IMO.

  8. #8
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Black Chrome would look better ... IMO.
    I agree, I think black chrome would be a killer combo with yellow.

  9. #9
    Member The Silver Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dearborn Michigan
    Posts
    253

    Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

    Nice to see another GTO owner in Michigan - hope to see you at a cruise or two.

  10. #10
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Their right, black crome with yellow would look very nice.

  11. #11
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Nice car, TLS what are you saying will help with the wheel hop. Thanks
    Drag Bags. They are a bag that goes inside your rear springs. I had BMR ones that took maybe an hour and a half tops to put in. I used the passenger side rear bumper/under side hole as my inlet. I took the bolt out and used that is my point to put air in and out of the bags. They give a little lift to the rear and help A LOT with wheel hop.....plus they can be taken out easily. People say to take apart the rear suspension but its not needed. Remove a tire on a set of jack stands and its a piece of cake. Lots of soapy water used though.....hahah

  12. #12
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    I am also considering drag bags. If ya want, check online for Stern wheels.

    OR

    You could paint the stockers gunmetal. They look awesome in gunmetal.
    Last edited by cammed goat; 03-08-2011 at 03:11 PM.

  13. #13
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Drag Bags. They are a bag that goes inside your rear springs. I had BMR ones that took maybe an hour and a half tops to put in. I used the passenger side rear bumper/under side hole as my inlet. I took the bolt out and used that is my point to put air in and out of the bags. They give a little lift to the rear and help A LOT with wheel hop.....plus they can be taken out easily. People say to take apart the rear suspension but its not needed. Remove a tire on a set of jack stands and its a piece of cake. Lots of soapy water used though.....hahah
    Thanks' TLS, I have drag bags they help along with the Harrop cover, and a Stiffy torque dampner. What is strange is springs, shocks, bushings also help but have been told that the poly sway bar bushings are the key!! Off topic sorry, but wanted to let folks know what I learned.

  14. #14
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Thanks' TLS, I have drag bags they help along with the Harrop cover, and a Stiffy torque dampner. What is strange is springs, shocks, bushings also help but have been told that the poly sway bar bushings are the key!! Off topic sorry, but wanted to let folks know what I learned.
    Your car is one of the best GTO combos out there. Where my girl goes to school a kid has an 06 CGM on 17s. Not sure about the interior or the tranny either. I can tell by the tails (unless he changed them).

  15. #15
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Your car is one of the best GTO combos out there. Where my girl goes to school a kid has an 06 CGM on 17s. Not sure about the interior or the tranny either. I can tell by the tails (unless he changed them).
    Made my day TLS, thanks' I love mine and every other one out there. Like the fact that you don't see yourself on the road every other car!!

  16. #16
    Junior Member Heavyvette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, Va
    Posts
    23
    Blog Entries
    1

    Sebring Silver
    1998 Corvette

    Smile

    That's a pretty thang, man! Keep it nice.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •