Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The new GTO

This is a discussion on The new GTO within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by mark21742 lol sounds like you walked into a pet store and couldn't leave without the cute little ...

Black
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    lol sounds like you walked into a pet store and couldn't leave without the cute little puppy with big sad eyes staring at you......lol oops that happened to me too....twice
    Ha Ha. Kinda sounds familiar. In 2006 I was looking at a newer Chev dually and there she was just sitting in the sun. I knew about the GTO in 2003 when they were talking about it and we stopped in Perth for a port call. Found Shacks Holden and had to check them out. The Ute or what we were going to call the G8 ST really tripped me out. But I wanted to hold out until 2008 so I'd have a 68 GTO and a 2008 GTO. Fast forward to 2006 and I learn while looking at the truck and GTO that 2006 would be the last run. Should have looked on the web for sites like this to learn more about pricing but nnnooooo....I didn't pay full fair but nor did I get a steal. SO I bought it new on Labor Day weekend 2006. Little did I realise that within a year she'd be stored for a very long time. Now she gets driven less than 500 miles a year but I enjoy the heck out of those times we get to share. I'd like to get a G8 GXP but can't seem to part with my Goat and guess it'll become part of my estate sales.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 6806goats View Post
    Ha Ha. Kinda sounds familiar. In 2006 I was looking at a newer Chev dually and there she was just sitting in the sun. I knew about the GTO in 2003 when they were talking about it and we stopped in Perth for a port call. Found Shacks Holden and had to check them out. The Ute or what we were going to call the G8 ST really tripped me out. But I wanted to hold out until 2008 so I'd have a 68 GTO and a 2008 GTO. Fast forward to 2006 and I learn while looking at the truck and GTO that 2006 would be the last run. Should have looked on the web for sites like this to learn more about pricing but nnnooooo....I didn't pay full fair but nor did I get a steal. SO I bought it new on Labor Day weekend 2006. Little did I realise that within a year she'd be stored for a very long time. Now she gets driven less than 500 miles a year but I enjoy the heck out of those times we get to share. I'd like to get a G8 GXP but can't seem to part with my Goat and guess it'll become part of my estate sales.
    yup I got a miss in my 90 cavalier at 285,000 and decided it was time to get somthing new....i wanted a small 4 door, good on gas 4 cylinder, maybe a small SUV, then I saw the goat at the 1st dealership I went to.....i drove it home an hour later lol

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

What I like the most is having a muscle car that you don't see by the hundreds everyday.
    I got mine with 8,500 miles on the clock and now have 40k on her. I've never looked back and just like my wife says about her 95 Mark VIII, it's a keeper forever (or at least I hope so).

yellow
    2004 gto

2004 picked it up with a little over 700 on the clock.. test drove it and that was it, i loved it. I then backed out, at the time i didnt want that kind of commitment.. after a day of thinking about it i went back and signed the papers.

With just over 9,000 on the clock and a year later there have been countless people who like it and a few who dont. bottem line, i like it. I'm keeping it for as long as i can. it has one of the nicest insides i've ever been in.

Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith564` View Post
    2004 picked it up with a little over 700 on the clock.. test drove it and that was it, i loved it. I then backed out, at the time i didnt want that kind of commitment.. after a day of thinking about it i went back and signed the papers.
    Haha I love these stores. I've wanted one since high school....I was 16 and had a 99 grand am in late 2003 and was following the pre-release of the goat-of course it was wayyy out of my league then, but I still liked going on pontiacs website and looking at the specs all the time.

In 05 I got a loaded 2001 maxima and would use it as test drive "collateral" if I found a GTO on a local lot, and go play dumb with the salesmen. "Yeah I'm tired of the 6 cyl, I wanna test out something a little bigger and sturdier. Oh whats that red one in the corner, is that a six?"

Four years, many nissan repairs and a saturn redline later, I bought an 04 GTO. 56,000 miles on h er but I bought it! lol

red
    2004, GTO

All are very similar stories. Myself, I knew about the GTO but hardly any dealerships had them. They remind me of my 97 cavalier, something about them make me see a meaner, angrier cavalier.
    There were a couple of GTO's but salesman wouldn't think twice about letting me test drive'em. That was it, soon all the GTO's were gone off the lot. Would see one pass by a couple of times, until I seen a red 2004 sitting there in a city about a 100 miles from where I live, looking lonely.
    Got to love my wife for taking the time and stopping in with me to take her for a ride. First thing she says is "Where's the cup holder"? Well babe, you shouldn't need one in this ride, what you see is what you get, then I hammered down on the gas pedal and seen the instant smile on both our faces. The dealer ran my credit on a saturday and on monday I drove home in a 04 GTO. She had 29,138 miles and this was on the 7th of Sept. 2009.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Rez Goat View Post
    All are very similar stories. Myself, I knew about the GTO but hardly any dealerships had them. They remind me of my 97 cavalier, something about them make me see a meaner, angrier cavalier.
    There were a couple of GTO's but salesman wouldn't think twice about letting me test drive'em. That was it, soon all the GTO's were gone off the lot. Would see one pass by a couple of times, until I seen a red 2004 sitting there in a city about a 100 miles from where I live, looking lonely.
    Got to love my wife for taking the time and stopping in with me to take her for a ride. First thing she says is "Where's the cup holder"? Well babe, you shouldn't need one in this ride, what you see is what you get, then I hammered down on the gas pedal and seen the instant smile on both our faces. The dealer ran my credit on a saturday and on monday I drove home in a 04 GTO. She had 29,138 miles and this was on the 7th of Sept. 2009.
    welcome to the the Rez!

Nero
    2006 gto

I was in a really bad car accident in 2002, fresh out of High School so I was laid up in the hospital for a while looking at guitar, computer, and car magazines. I was big into the tuner scene at the time, and had my eyes set on an STi WRX. I knew it would be a while I came across a BBC show testing cars, and saw this video...

Instantly I was in love. I must have called 20 dealerships in Sept-Nov of 07, but all the GTO's advertised had been sold. I was about to drive from RI to NJ to get a red on red 04 when my old drummer called me up and said he worked at a dealership and they had a black on black 06 M6 with 12k for $29,000. I was there THAT DAY with a certified check for the car. Needless to say I couldnt drive it off that day because of registration and other BS, so I was pissed and didnt sleep that night. Well I got the car for asking price, albeit with some massive extended warrantees, and I still grin from ear to ear every time I sit in it. Oh and the dirty envious looks I get every single day just make it that much sweeter.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Was at a car show last Wed. and a few folks aske me about mine and what was done to it. And a few others remembered me from last year's shows and couldn't believe my goat was so clean for being a DD. Makes me proud. Some asked with the demise of the arrowhead division, would I ever part with mine...to which, I responded emphatically "NO".

On another note, I just hit 71,3xx on the clock and I now haz 06 diff. I am happy to have my car back on the road after 3 weeks.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I miss my GTO. I will be getting another one as soon as I sell my WS6.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

^^I had a feeling you would regret selling yours.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Looking at a Z06, another WS6 and a GTO right now.

It was a great car, I just never could afford to do much to it.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Had mine a little over 2 years now put 51k (had 43K on it) miles on it since and haven't regretted it yet. In probably another month or 2 it'll hit 100k miles. Few minor hiccups along the way but only a couple I can actually blame on the car. Not bad considering I'm not exactly easy on her.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I sold my WS6 as of this monday (well it's complicated but I basically traded for a cheaper on gas 6 speed WS6) and the wife says by the time we get our income tax I can get another GTO. She wants me to get an 04 but that's fine with me.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I sold my WS6 as of this monday (well it's complicated but I basically traded for a cheaper on gas 6 speed WS6) and the wife says by the time we get our income tax I can get another GTO. She wants me to get an 04 but that's fine with me.
    Good for you.
    Be it an 04, 05, 06, a GOAT is a GOAT. Folks tell me I got an 04 with the power of an LS2. My father still talks about the night we went to see mine at the dealer to test drive...and the headache I brought him home with.

Then he says:
    "who woulda thought that very same car, which gave me a migraine, would become a part of the family?"

CGM and MS
    2005 GTO and 2004 Z06

I have an 05 CGM GTO I bought new in 6/05. Has 127k with
    mostly original everything execpt exhaust and radio
    (OK, on about the 10th set of tires!) Even the clutch is original.
    I just bought an 04 MS Z06 with 80k on it, It's stock with quiet exhaust.
    The interior and ride of the goat is great compared to the Z (Even after spending about
    $2k to MAKE the goat ride rough), but the handling and acceleration goes to the
    Z! Also, with the LOUD exhaust of the goat, I can still hear the radio!
    Larry

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Good for you.
    Be it an 04, 05, 06, a GOAT is a GOAT. Folks tell me I got an 04 with the power of an LS2. My father still talks about the night we went to see mine at the dealer to test drive...and the headache I brought him home with.

Then he says:
    "who woulda thought that very same car, which gave me a migraine, would become a part of the family?"

Yeah. She likes the 04's because they are cheaper of course. I don't care which one I get though! They are great cars.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information