Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new GTO

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

The new GTO

is 5 years old now. I thought about it today....I've had her 5 years.
    She has 15344 miles on her. 2 engines....three transmissions.....still turns heads anywhere I go.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

5 years, had mine for 1-1/2. Bought with 48k miles and now has 69+. Same motor and trans. Different wheels, taillights and spoiler. And, yes, these cars DO turn heads wherever they go. I love mine.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

4 Years old, 52k miles, Voilant CAI and 18" stockers have had it for about 2 months (made the jump from the F-Bodies) and get looks anywhere I take it.

hugger orange

5 years old here too, had her for for 4 years now. bought her with 13,000, now has over 75,000.
    just like a perfect 10 that had A cups......the wide body set her off like a nice set of implants
    beautiful, fast and everyone can't help to stare at her......if they only knew what a pain in the ass she can be when she throws a fit lol.....i love her

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i raced a 05-06 gto..and it turned my head pretty bad..they are beautiful cars..it was a color similar to torch red ..and it was stunning ..even tho i beat him..i still envied that car

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

5 years and 4 months here with 54k miles. ...and I still get people saying they never have seen one before.

White
    09 G8 GT

I've only had my car a few months but its one of the early ones; build date was august 2003 I think on mine I'll hafta check

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    5 years and 4 months here with 54k miles. ...and I still get people saying they never have seen one before.
    sad thing is I had heard of them, but had not seen one till the day I bought mine lol

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i raced a 05-06 gto..and it turned my head pretty bad..they are beautiful cars..it was a color similar to torch red ..and it was stunning ..even tho i beat him..i still envied that car
    If it was bright, Torrid. If it was dark, Spice(rare color).

Junior Member 94TA25thANNIVERSARY's Avatar

White
    1994 Trans Am 25th

Its rare for me to see one here in Canada although some people are now bringing them over. Saw a nice blue one last weekend at the Atlantic Nationals car show with Massachusetts plates on it. Out of about 2000 cars in the show that was the only GTO.

Is this person on the board by chance? I remember seeing a decal for ls1gto.com or something on the car.

Last edited by 94TA25thANNIVERSARY; 07-15-2009 at 05:39 PM.

torrid red
    2005 gto

torrid red 2005. i have had it for 3 years. i am on my 3rd motor 2nd clutch. lost the motors due to bad installs and builds by well known shops.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Sold mine yesterday. 22K mile Spice Red 06. I miss it, but it is time to get a house.

Another day Another 5th ARM5280's Avatar

Black
    Murdered 2006 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    is 5 years old now. I thought about it today....I've had her 5 years.
    She has 15344 miles on her. 2 engines....three transmissions.....still turns heads anywhere I go.

I think I should stop trusting you as to which lubricants to use thats a lot of motors in a very few miles.LOL

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL.....try dont trust me with nitrous and the bleeding edge of tunes....

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

That does not sound good.

hugger orange

why be safe when you can push what you have and your tune to make it faster

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Yeah great . . .

I get all kinds of compliments and questions. Things like "That thing is sweet!" or "Cool car! What is it?" or "They still make a GTO?" The best is "Does it have a V8?" If you meet somebody from Australia or New Zealand then the real excitement starts. They go nuts. The only problem is that it's all DUDES (save for the two chicks at the bike shop).
    Scenario: I'm hangin with Tifarah and her friend Lily. Tifarah says "Damn you car is sweet and fast" Lily goes "What kind of car is it?" I look at Tifarah and say "Watch this" I look at Lily and say "It's a GTO" Lily replies "A what?" I say "A GTO" Lily says "Is it a Ford?" I say "No, it's kind of a Pontiac" Lily says "Like a Grand Prix?" I say "Not even close. Here's a picture" and I show her a picture on my phone. Lily looks at the picture and says "Oh" no clue.
    I think I'm gonna start telling broads it's a Vauxhall VR8. Might as well cuz they still won't know the difference and it sounds more exotic. I'd like to have that VR8 wing, it's very nice IMO. Maybe tell them it's a limited edition four seater Corvette.
    I don't think it makes any difference what year GTO you have as long as it's in good shape because the heritage and reputation stand on their own. Unless of course your a woman. Any female GTO owners up in this?
    Last edited by Goat-E; 07-20-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I had a guy in a Silverado stop dead and watch me pull away. Had the famous stare. He was a firefighter. Gave me a SEG.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I get questions on a really regular basis still. I believe it's a testament to the lack of promotion GM did with the car. Very few know what it is and those that do know nothing about it. I had a guy tell me a while back that my 04 was almost identical to the 08's. My brother in law swapped vehicles with me for a week a while back and immediately started shopping for one the next week. I talked to him last week and asked if he was having any luck and he said they were either too high mileage or V-6's. I told him there were no v-6 GTO's and he said it must've been mis-prints on autotrader. I wonder if he was looking at G6's or something? My brother borrowed mine last year and bought one within 6 months. People that drive my car love it.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

No offence guys, but IMHO the reason no one knows what they are is more likely cuz they dont have any real features (body wise) that sets them apart from the puller cars they look like. Hell I've had dumb asses tell me, "Hey nice firebird!" Sorry but GTO's are pretty plain looking really. If it was'nt for the exhaust rumble and guy's like you who make them more than stock I'm not sure too many would even notice.. Not hatin' just how I see it IMHO.
    Someones bro may have been mistaking GM GTO for the Mitsubishi TT V6 GTO.
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-20-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Thread Information