Thread: Need more info

Phantomblack Metallic
    2005 GTO

Question Need more info

I have a chance to get some offset roller rockers for L92 heads pretty cheap. My questions are will there be enough of a difference between 1.7 and 1.8 in HP between the two. I know the lift will increase from .500 to .530. Has anyone used these on the SLP L92 head swap. Any potential HP increases over the 1.7. The prices are the same for either one just want some info before i order them. Thanks

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    I have a chance to get some offset roller rockers for L92 heads pretty cheap. My questions are will there be enough of a difference between 1.7 and 1.8 in HP between the two. I know the lift will increase from .500 to .530. Has anyone used these on the SLP L92 head swap. Any potential HP increases over the 1.7. The prices are the same for either one just want some info before i order them. Thanks
    they will not only give you more lift, they will also had 2-4 ° duration to your cam.
    don't forget you will need valve springs!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I would suggest you do some digging on these before you drop the hammer,anytime you change the geometry on the valve train,it can have an effect on everthing from the valve springs to the pushrods,right down to piston valve clearance.

Phantomblack Metallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    I would suggest you do some digging on these before you drop the hammer,anytime you change the geometry on the valve train,it can have an effect on everthing from the valve springs to the pushrods,right down to piston valve clearance.
    These were some of my questions. They are Yalla Terra. Right now i have the SLP L92 milled .030 7.375 Moly pushrods on the way. I have been talking with Hinson supercars and they say they will fit but was wondering if i anyone has tried this setup. I was hoping someone has went with a higher ratio rocker on my basic setup for some info on it. Will i need different pushrods from what i ordered........

SLP L92/L76 conversion, Stock Cam, Stock gaskets, headers, CAI, all the basic stuff

Phantomblack Metallic
    2005 GTO

Springs are good to .600 lift titanium locks

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    These were some of my questions. They are Yalla Terra. Right now i have the SLP L92 milled .030 7.375 Moly pushrods on the way. I have been talking with Hinson supercars and they say they will fit but was wondering if i anyone has tried this setup. I was hoping someone has went with a higher ratio rocker on my basic setup for some info on it. Will i need different pushrods from what i ordered........

SLP L92/L76 conversion, Stock Cam, Stock gaskets, headers, CAI, all the basic stuff
    Well,maybe take a look at the vette forums those guys have used the rockers,motors are like us each are alil diffrent,I am going to assemble some of of my new 408 tomorrow,I am using these same heads,custom pistons,but im using the factory rockers,I dont think with what I plan 22-25psi I will miss a measly 15hp.I also have a custom piston,I assume your running the stock bottom end with stock ls2 piston rod combo?If I were you I would put a head,with the head gasket your using, with some clay turn it over after you have it all bolted together.take back apart measure the clay,wala you have your valve to piston clearance.just do two valves say #1.cylinder turn it slowly.being you took some off the heads,who knows,stock pushrods are .7400 if I recall,you have alil shorter ones,its should be alright ,but the l92 have alot bigger valves,clearance should always be checked.
    Last edited by qwkgto; 03-05-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Phantomblack Metallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    Well,maybe take a look at the vette forums those guys have used the rockers,motors are like us each are alil diffrent,I am going to assemble some of of my new 408 tomorrow,I am using these same heads,custom pistons,but im using the factory rockers,I dont think with what I plan 22-25psi I will miss a measly 15hp.I also have a custom piston,I assume your running the stock bottom end with stock ls2 piston rod combo?If I were you I would put a head,with the head gasket your using, with some clay turn it over after you have it all bolted together.take back apart measure the clay,wala you have your valve to piston clearance.just do two valves say #1.cylinder turn it slowly.being you took some off the heads,who knows,stock pushrods are .7400 if I recall,you have alil shorter ones,its should be alright ,but the l92 have alot bigger valves,clearance should always be checked.
    Thanks for the info. I am probably going to go with 1.7 seems to be less hassle and I won't have to worry much at a later time when i put a cam in. Thanks again

Thread Information