need help

This is a discussion on need help within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; well i was cruising down hwy 199 and i seen a iroc so i went after it. we rolled down ...

Fort Worth, TX

2004 Pontiac GTO

need help

well i was cruising down hwy 199 and i seen a iroc so i went after it. we rolled down our windows and he said off a 20 so we slow down and we both hit it, he starts pulling on me so i hit the juice and i pass him up and hear a loud pop. i think it was the n2o backfiring, i pull over to make sure i didnt blow a hole in my iintake check the oil for water thinkin i could have blown a head gasket but nothing. i know the back fire is due to me needing to change the plugs on it, my question is after the back fire the idel is higher than usual. i have a 3200 stall converter so lets say i am driving and get off the throttle the rpms drop to about 1200 where they use to drop to 750-800 idel speed. is this due to the plugs or could i have missed something up with the backfire, the car feels strong just dont know if thats all that could be wrong, would realy appriciate the help, thanx.

WestCoast AZ-CALI

05 Goat SMASHED

Let me know when you get that new box on and drive the car for a while.
    I sent you another email last night and got a rejection notice....
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information