here it is:

2003 Holden Monaro 5.7 LS1 V8
    Didn't do much to it but:
    Heavy Duty Clutch
    Shorter rear Springs
    K7n Pod Filter (Looking for an OTR)
    Removed Mufflers
    Removed Cat Converters

so im wanting to do more to my car, any suggestions?, not looking to spend big bucks as im still a student,

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Good looking car, I like the SS badge.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

you guys dont have license plates??

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I like the Lumina SS badges as well. Did you debadge/fill the plate panel? Since you're a student, then I just suggest dropping the front and getting the OTR intake to keep ya happy. Maybe smoke the tails to make the car look like a CV8.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nice! Any more pics?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Red
    2003 Monaro/GTO

Yeap we do have number plates haha, but i bogged up the panel between the lights, i dont like the licence plate there, im yet to drill some holes in the back bumper at the bottom, when i do i will stick the plate there,

anyone one know of a website that sells OTR's (that have room for the stock MAF) ships worldwide ?

my pod filter sits in a place in the engine bay that sucks up the hot air, really gotta get a new set up...

here's an older photo, i will be taking more soon, anything specific you want to see ?

Red
    2003 Monaro/GTO

got a f****ng coolant leak, last night the coolant warning came on so i filled it up, today i switch on my car and the same warning comes on, deja vu ? no, my car relieved itself of coolant all over the ground outside, on the passengers side, i checked my coolant box and there is some oil in there mixed with coolant, im guessing its trans fluid, but it could be engine oil,

anyone have any ideas of what could be the case?
    i will be taking it to a mechanic today, i hope she isnt out for too long

Red
    2003 Monaro/GTO

alright so im told its not the radiator, and not the trans cooler, apparently it could be the coolant cooler ?? Whatever that is, never heard of it to be honest, i always thought the radiator cools the coolant, anyway, tommorow will be the big checkup and i will try sort everything out quickly,

i took a video of the underside of my car, showing my exhaust set up , its not great at all, when i figure out how to post it up here then i will, i would reallly like some suggestions for a new set up, im thinking of just using custom bent pipes and an aftermarket muffler , either borla or flowmaster,

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Our cars are notorious for leaking from the water pump or our radiators cracking.

Red
    2003 Monaro/GTO

so what i did was clean out my coolant box and pipes, and cleaned out my transmission oil,
    put a new transmission pan thing in, and shes going good now, hasnt leaked or acted up since, not sure why,

but in other news, i also completely changed my exhaust set up, it was rediculously loud before, (Straight piped, with no mufflers or cat converters) now its 3 inch dual straight pipes with mufflers, ahaha, its got a really strange sound to it, when i press the throttle it has the v8 gurgle not too loud, but when i release the throttle it sounds like a mechanical lion ahahaha its hard to explain but its a really strange sound,
    i designed the layout of the exhaust and got some guys to weld it for me, ive noticed a huge improvement, my rpm needle moves so much quicker now, and the car feels alot more responsive, also fuel efficiency has gotten a lot better, if i can find a video camera i will post a sound vid for you guys, its not worth trying with my phone's video,

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Sounds like you have the "thunderboomer" sound. Like a thunderclap during a storm. It is a very nice sound. You have gained some backpressure since you're running mufflers. Cars NEED some backpressure to make power. Take all the backpressure out and you are making more noise than power. Keep us posted if you need anymore assistance.

Black
    2005 GTO

Haha I read this n laughed , cuz my water pump n radiator went recently . I now at least kno it happens often

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Red
    2003 Monaro/GTO

thunderclap aha yeah thats kinda a good way to describe it, it f***ing growls,

I got some new Rims did a straight swap with some guy, he got my stock 17 inchers, they were in terrible shape and the tires were so battered from my daily skidding.
    he wanted them because they were (Lighter) and i painted em matte gray.

i got his 19 inch G8GXP (HSV R8) (CR8) wheels, yeah theyre a bit heavy but in much better condition and the tires are badass too (Pirelli's on the front, Michellins on the back), they look a bit douchy since theyre chrome but when i have save up some cash i will be painting them matte grey/black, which would suit it a bit more,

here is a pic:

anyway as ive been enjoying myself most days, some days i notice loss of power, and low throttle response, like if i mash the throttle it still goes hard, but when i gradually try increase revs, it feels way too heavy and sluggish, it also accelerates LUMPY at medium-high revs, it only does this some times, weird, any suggestions ? im not sure why, could it be spark plugs? MAF needs cleaning ? anything simple like that ?
    Last edited by vacuum; 04-05-2011 at 08:39 AM.

C5 Vette

Electron Blue
    2003 Corvette Coupe

Okay, I've got to ask.....what does a gallon of gas cost you there? Are there many other hot performance cars around for you to compare with?

Bob in the USA

Red
    2003 Monaro/GTO

Well im not really familiar with gallons, only litres,
    but to get an idea i fill up my tank from empty for about $15 USD

theres alot of decent cars around, alot of american cars since we're left hand drive over here too, Ricers are pretty common too, but we cant really call them performance cars can we? :P

hmm lots of mustangs and camaros around, a shitload more than GTO's ive only ever seen about 3 other GTO's ever, i see atleast 10 mustangs and camaros a day 'each', they're common, vette's arent too abundant, but theyre around, my neighbour has a Trans-Am we wake each other up in the morning with a rumble. lots of EVO's WRX's Supra's and shit like that, there are all sorts of cars, shit is cheap here,
    to get a rough idea of price, i picked up my car in pretty good condition, with 60,000 miles on it, for $5,000 USD.

Ray Charles blue

I wonde why the gas filler door is in a different spot than on the GTOs.

I like the Lumina SS badges though, very sharp looking.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I like the rims. Try cleaning your MAF as that might be the cause. The MAF could be dirty and it will not throw the check eng light. You don't have the CSV Mondo GT over there?

Red
    2003 Monaro/GTO

woah , never knew a mondo even existed till just then lol. very interesting never seen one before.

after feeling some knocking in the rear with uneven power to the wheels at throttle, i jacked my car up to have a look at her underside,right after my driveshaft and before the diff, i saw that my rubber isolator was mangled, practically falling to bits, after removing the driveshaft found that the centre bearing was also in bad shape, so now my car is up on blocks untill i get it sorted,

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Sounds like a rearend rebuild is in order.

Thread Information