Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Exclamation Lutz says Washington killed Pontiac, next G6 was to be ATS d

Filed under: Videos, GM, Pontiac

How many people think Buick or GMC should have gotten the axe instead of Pontiac? You can't see it, but I'm raising my hand. Autoweek reports that former Vice Chairman of GM, Bob Lutz, has indicated that things didn't have to end up the way they did.

"The Feds said, 'Yeah, how much money have you made on Pontiac in the last 10 years?' and the answer was, 'Nothing.'"
    In a talk given at the Petersen Automotive Museum for the Inside the MotoMan Studio series, Lutz says "The Feds said, 'Yeah, how much money have you made on Pontiac in the last 10 years?' and the answer was, 'Nothing.' So, it goes. And when the guy who is handing you the check for $53 billion says, 'I don't want Pontiac, drop Pontiac or you don't get the money,' it doesn't take you very long to make up your mind." Lutz even added that the next-generation Pontiac G6 would have benefitted from the rear-wheel-drive platform of the Cadillac ATS. How awesome would that have been?

Watch Lutz speak below for yourself, and take note that he makes his statement about "The Feds" at around 2:14:39. It's a great watch, but if you don't have two-and-a-half hours to burn watching the full piece, Autoweek also has a solid review of the chat.Continue reading Lutz says Washington killed Pontiac, next G6 was to be ATS derivative
    Lutz says Washington killed Pontiac, next G6 was to be ATS derivative originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 29 Oct 2013 12:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Lutz says Washington killed Pontiac, next G6 was to be ATS d

Buick was kept alive because Asia loves them....
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I'm still waititng to see what SLP is going to do about this proposed revival of the Grand National/GNX moniker. Because GM really doesn't have much of a performance variety that is easy to get one's hands on unless they have deep pockets. And with the upcoming Hellcat Hemi V8, GM better get on the ball to be dominant in the domestic high-horsepower market. And make it easily obtainable.

Thread Information