Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lucas oil stabilizer

This is a discussion on Lucas oil stabilizer within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Sarge - I have been adding the 2 stroke oil to my 04 GTO and it seems to be good. ...

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Sarge - I have been adding the 2 stroke oil to my 04 GTO and it seems to be good. A few months ago, my wife did me a favor and filled my car up with regular gas (thanks alot). Now it seems to be running rich. I have a Diablo tune. Should I reset the ECM or something? My mileage has gotten worse and the performance does not seem to be better. What's your opinion here?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sounds like your KR sensors kicked off....yes I would reset my ECM. Then kick wife in the butt.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Thanks Sarge. I already kicked her in the but, however they don't listen :-)

You know they are always right. She gave me the old "I can't even do something nice for you" speach....typical!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Give up and say "Yes Dear" and call it a day.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

I hear ya. It sucks sleeping on the sofa (or worse yet in the GTO). In the summer I could spend the night on the boat, but it's too damn cold for that crap now! Besides, if I push back too much she won't let me buy new parts for the car I have been thinking about what upgrade I want for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Give up and say "Yes Dear" and call it a day.

I f@#ked the prom queen RoadWrath04's Avatar

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

it could give you the opportunity to get some "pity parts" approved, especially if she's not vehicle-oriented...for example "...dear, i know you didn't mean to, but by putting regular crap ass fuel in my preciously cared-for vehicle, the canooter valves are messed up, so now i have to buy an iron block upgrade to correct the issue...i wish there was a better way, but..." and look sad yet un-accusatory when you do it...but what the hell do i know, i'm not married...i date peelers...lol

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I've found Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer to be a very effective assembly lube. I used it when changing my pushrods, and the engine was dead quiet on startup, which impressed me a lot.

I've also used it when assembling 2 different motors as a supplement to Moly assembly lube. It clings very well to everything, so that the crank, cam, lifters, pushrods, and oil pump are all lubed upon initial startup.

However, I don't find it necessary to add it to an engine during an oil change. As long as you're using a high quality syncthetic oil that should be all you need.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWrath04 View Post
    it could give you the opportunity to get some "pity parts" approved, especially if she's not vehicle-oriented...for example "...dear, i know you didn't mean to, but by putting regular crap ass fuel in my preciously cared-for vehicle, the canooter valves are messed up, so now i have to buy an iron block upgrade to correct the issue...i wish there was a better way, but..." and look sad yet un-accusatory when you do it...but what the hell do i know, i'm not married...i date peelers...lol
    I like this guys style.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

I like the way you think. Maybe a new cam/heads package is in order....you know, bad valves due to bad gas. As far as dating peelers goes, to each his own LOL

We all gotta do what we gotta do to get laid! Just ask Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWrath04 View Post

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

lol...i'll tell you what...you can think bad about "women of that profession", however, there aren't a lot of women who not only allow me to blow as much money as i do on my toys, but many time FINANCE the improvements themselves...and the best is when they are competing with the "ex" and wanna get something even better than the previous girl did...how do you think i got my showtruck in such good shape??? i only make 40k a yr, can't do that on my own...i look at them as a unique lending institution which requires unusual payment on the principal balance...lol...for those of you who can't follow the economic analogies, i get laid and they buy me cool stuff now and then...but i do trade in for newer models often (the women, not the cars )
    Last edited by RoadWrath04; 10-30-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: didn't wanna portray women as evil

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

OK I give up...what is a "peeler"?

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

oh, sorry -- it's the common slang around here for stripper, at least here in the midwest...ran a club for awhile and now i have a group of "lifelong friends"...lol
    Last edited by RoadWrath04; 10-30-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: mispelling

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Oh....shit I haven't been to a strip joint in forever....Something weird about seeing kids your kids age dancing nekkid...sorta weirds me out.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Worse yet, it makes you feel really old Sarge.

BTW - reset the ECM and now the old GTO is running good again. Thanks Sarge.

Oh....shit I haven't been to a strip joint in forever....Something weird about seeing kids your kids age dancing nekkid...sorta weirds me out.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by surfinjoe View Post
    Worse yet, it makes you feel really old Sarge.

BTW - reset the ECM and now the old GTO is running good again. Thanks Sarge.
    Nah I feel good man....yeah GM fucked up the KR/ECM....it should really "sense" the octane and adjust almost immediately IMHO...

Black
    2004 GTO A4

As long as I don't see my daughtor up on that pole, I guess I am doing allright!

Nah I feel good man....yeah GM fucked up the KR/ECM....it should really "sense" the octane and adjust almost immediately IMHO...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information