Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ls2 vs. 405hp Z06

This is a discussion on Ls2 vs. 405hp Z06 within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by secondgearscratch theres really no homework for nitrous though. get the wet kit...100 shot and get it tuned ...

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    theres really no homework for nitrous though. get the wet kit...100 shot and get it tuned accordinly and 11s here you come. plus you can just take it out and get a base tune to start over with.

or do you even need a tune for a 100 shot? doesnt the timing have to be pulled back a bit?
    There is homework on nos...I will be going with a wet kit if I decide to go that way, the NX 1pc. MAF kit looks like the best and cleanest lookin way to go for the GTO. You do have to retard timing and also change plugs along with some other goddies to be safe and do it the right way. But again I want to beat him with bolt ons only. Also this way when I do go with a big power adder I will already have all the supporting mods. I'm gonna need to beef up my driveline also before doing anything like that. Especially that crappy 2pc. driveshaft.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you'll need more..the vette is light alot lighter then the goat..so you might be putting down as much a z06 but if indeed he is running a m6 z06 then he will have alot more hp and tq since he is so light.
    I know the Goat is fat and the Zo6 is light, but I'm thinkin with the mods I'll have made up for the weight difference and then some. I know the vette is geared better though. I'm gettin excited about this race! Vids will be posted for sure!

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by kunkelz28 View Post
    My buddy has a 04 z06 and i raced him with my 04 GTO m6 all i have is flowmaster and intake and it was close to about 85-90 then he kicked my ass once i hit 120 he had about 4-5 cars on me. it seems that the LS6 has better top end.
    You raced him with a near stock 04 Ls1 and it was close?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

fair enough. c5 z06 curb weight is around 3100-3200 i believe. and a goat is 3760 gm says..so for every 100 pounds its roughly 10hp. so you will need 60 more hp. to equal a stock z06 roughly. then the z06 rear gearing is 3.90 and the goats is 3.55. so i think if your pushing 70-100 more hp and tq you will take him. but this all greatly relies on each others driving skills.

black
    2004 GTO 6M

like i said in my last statement it was close until 85-90 then he killed me. We tried from a dead stop and from a roll several times and every time it is close until 85-90 mph then he kills me. I am not trying to say that the race was close i am just saying it was close for a little while. I would have to say the shady milkman is right on his theory

Yellow
    1994 Corvette

you'll need more..the vette is light alot lighter then the goat..so you might be putting down as much a z06 but if indeed he is running a m6 z06 then he will have alot more hp and tq since he is so light.
    Agreed.. It's Power to weight ratio is alot better than the Goats but if You have Spray or could get some more HP You'd be set!! Either way it'll be a Good Race.

Cyclone Gray
    2005 GTO

with all the mods u have u should no prob beating this Z06(as someone already pointed out are all 6 speed)to the best of my knowledge the widest tire you could fit in the rear is a 265 without rolling the fenders i dont know fr sure. theres a guy with a torch red red 01 that i rip all the time but mind u its the 385 horse but i dont have a lot of mods. as far as tires go I've got nitto 555rs on my TA and they are pretty sticky and nice to drive on the street. a lot of people dont like em though discount tire direct sells em BFG drag radials are also good, lighten ur car up a little bit pull the seats and all the stuff out of the trunk floor mats bump up the front tire pressure u shouldn't be that worried if this car is stock though, i hope u know enough to pull the hood scoop covers out and fuel rail covers off they hold a ton of heat, heat builds resistance. just in case u didnt know. i didnt see ne suspension mods on the thread thats ur weak point. let me know how you make out
    05 Cyclone Gray M6. optional 18s with Nitto 555s Corsa Sport Catback, K&N CAI, dyno tuned, BMR strut brace and skid plate. SAP grille best ET to date with full interior: 2.2 60 ft 13.01 108.1 pulled rear seat spare tire etc: 2.0 60 ft 12.96@108.8, Raceway Park Englshtown NJ

fair enough. c5 z06 curb weight is around 3100-3200 i believe. and a goat is 3760 gm says..so for every 100 pounds its roughly 10hp. so you will need 60 more hp. to equal a stock z06 roughly. then the z06 rear gearing is 3.90 and the goats is 3.55. so i think if your pushing 70-100 more hp and tq you will take him. but this all greatly relies on each others driving skills.
    Im not trying to argue but correct me if i am wrong but isnt its 200 lbs is a tenth off your 1/4 time? i didnt know that you can compare 100lbs to ten horses. that really dont make sense to me but then again maybe that is how it works... I know that 600lbs it will take alot more than 60hp to run what it would take to just take the 600lbs out and then go... even at that the vette at the same hp and the same weight is still going to pull the gto... id say it would take a stock gto and atleast bare minimum of 150 shot of juice to do it. or his mods and atleast a 100 shot.. that is just my guess though

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

wow...I thought this thread was gone...I tried to find it to tell everyone the SOB sold the thing, and I'm due home in 18 damn days too!..LOL. Oh well, maybe I can find another one to race and post up the vids for yall to see.

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

weight reduction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information